Is the Two-Party System Killing American Politics?

Is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

yournewswire.com/man-gets-prison-sentence-for-collecting-rainwater-on-his-own-property/
businessinsider.com/europe-dangerous-cities-2011-9?op=1&IR=T
youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. You're forced to choose between two. You don't have the choices that other countries have with their parliamentary systems.

Honestly the American system is pretty retarded.

Two party? Do you mean us and them? Or the old fashioned dem/gop thing?

yes, FPTP kills alternative voices.

problems persist until they get so big that one of the two parties has to handle it.

This. You get berated for choosing one, or berated for not choosing at all. They both use fishy ways to gain power and both should be disbanded.

Not just two party system, but binary thinking. Love Trump or hate Trump. Pro life, pro choice. They are trying to force us to be blue or red, white or black.

Exactly. There's no middle ground in between the two.

Yes, any oligopol is bad. The measuring stick for democracy is how easy it is to replace incompetent leaders/parties. By that standard, our democracies are dead.

This. This so much.

Nowadays it's either one or the other. You can't take things on a case-by-case basis anymore.

The reality is different scenarios will call for different approaches. You can't just go full on dem/repub for everything.

>I always voted for CDU the last 30 years

your voters are braindead.

Another user posted a good answer a while back. True freedom is somewhere between the Democratic and Republican parties.

It is. How is this even remotely considered a "democracy". US politics are the definition of illusion of choice.

>oh my god, you're not voting Hillary?? people like you are giving Trump power
>wow, since you're destroying Hillary, Trump might be in power

It's so, SO sad that a lot of the arguments people make in return to criticisms of Hillary are exactly that. You guys should establish a system like ours.

We coo

No, the left playing constant games trying to destroy the nation is killing American politics.

Why is your country so separated into left and right? Have you guys not figured out yet that it's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be?

American politics is at the kiddie table right now. Your nation is a joke.

Well, people vote according to the information they become presented. Who controls the mass media? CDU & SPD. This was good and fine for as long as they were opponents. But since the grand coaltion of 2005 they have stopped being rivals. They are like the wings of the same party. And yet they complain about the power of Fidesz in Hungary.

It all begins with breaking the official narrative by having dissident MSM.

America has basically been a two party system since George Washington left office. Been a Republican vs Democrat system since the Civil War.

Pretty rich coming from a nation of pedophile-enablers who live on a diet of muslim semen.

England is fucked. F U C K E D. In some and a lot of ways. I'm from Scotland though so your shite insults don't go very far senpai.

Also it's funny that any time Americans get insulted about their country, they always try to flip it rather than just accept it.

I'm not saying you guys are bad, just your system is total fucking garbage. Ours is too, a little bit.

And of course this binary thinking is being actively fomented and controlled by a certain group of elites. The constant state of conflict that is created keeps the pressure off of them while us peons feel the need to argue over who would make the best president, a downright traitor to this country or an inexperienced wildcard. All the while losing sight of the fact that we were warned by many who founded our country to not let this very scenario happen. But it has, and WE ALLOWED THIS HAPPEN TO OURSELVES.

I ponder everyday what it will take for enough people to awaken to reality.

> But since the grand coaltion of 2005 they have stopped being rivals. They are like the wings of the same party.

Yes, what happens in politics and in all organizations is that after some time politicians or members of an organization all become the same through self-selection.

Then it's necessary to put in new parties and organizations which reflect the plurality of the political spectrum.

yournewswire.com/man-gets-prison-sentence-for-collecting-rainwater-on-his-own-property/
>land of the free
enjoy clinton presidency bro
which way would you vote in eu referendum pal?
>EU bannana republic?
>Or existence subsidised by english taxpayers because we feel sorry for you?

I couldn't give a fuck if we're piggy backing

We still get totally free uni and prescription fees and pay the same amount in tax as you

Get it up ye

>I couldn't give a fuck if we're piggy backing
scotland ladies and gentlemen
you cant banter pal.
stick to what scots excel at
>teen pregnancy
>drug abuse
>crime rates
businessinsider.com/europe-dangerous-cities-2011-9?op=1&IR=T

>I'm from Scotland

your people are so cucked they want to go crawling back to mama merkel and beg for gibs.
you don't really have a right to make fun of anything.

Scotland is great if you're an opportunist

Won't deny we have a junkie infestation but I'm actually going through uni and want to actually contribute and make a difference

It's honestly a great country if you have a shred of intelligence.

Again, you just can't take the fact your country is totally fucked. At least we have a stable political system.

It's just the natural result of a democratic system in general, it will always gravitate towards a 2 party system because no singular party among many different ones can actually gain power and get their agendas through.

In Sweden we have 8 parties in the parliament but 2 "blocks" where the parties are two big coalitions that are identical to the two American parties.

its a great country as long as we permit it
scotland should be fucking walled off, but then where will we build our summer homes and rural estates?

All democracy is bullshit. If yiu want tk make it work you need a citizen vs civilian system based on service and sacrifice.

>as long as we permit it

Right, like you as an individual actually makes a difference, yeeaah.

Is it just all the English that have this fucked up sense of righteousness? Either way senpai, I'm gonna leave now to study for my free uni course with my dope ass student loans.

It's great seeing you guys get all flustered about Scots. I just always have a nice feeling when it happens. I always know that my quality of life will always be better than yours.

It must make you guys SO mad to pay the same amount in tax yet we get better rewards, for no reason whatsoever. You're holding us up whilst dragging yourself down.

Always remember that, Mohammad.

>Why is your country so separated into left and right?

Because the left is working to dismantle the nation and turn it into something else.

if your not at edinburgh, your degree is worthless.
>always remember that hamish
plenty of jobs going at the irn-bru factory

You are all wrong. The answer is No. It is a simple yin and yang, think like a pendulum, without one the other cannot exist. In respect the further to the left the pendulum swings, the further to the right it will swing back. The two parties exist to support one another, One excels at producing funds and improving the economy, The Republicans where as The Democrats are good at spreading the wealth and seeing to it that all people benefit from this new wealth. They are symbiotic creatures.

Indeed but to do so, you must have a framework that enables new parties and new media outlets. Instead of pissing down on them.

No, the One party system charading as a two-party system is.

I turned down Edinburgh to go to Glasgow actually. It's still a good course with a high demand for jobs up here.

I'm more than settled.

i am well aware of the fact that the american political system is fucked up, but you seem to be oblivious to the fact that scotish politics are dominated by retards that would rather vote for gibs than doing anything that would actually be productive.

even after the EU told you to fuck off, you retards still want an independence referendum in some desperate effort to get euro gibs.

In most western countries, you have a decent variety of parties you can vote for, which may do a better job at appealing to your political views, while a 2 party system is unlikely to reach out to you enough to even bother voting for them.

maybe il come up there and effortlessly be hired over you
or maybe il just never, ever be seen dead in glasgow

>you retards still want an independence referendum

Why does everyone think this? That's a dumb assumption to make because Sturgeon said some shit about it.

Also, UK politics is handled in a good manor. Sure, Scotland isn't represented too well, but we're the UK, that's how it is. I think our system is okay and we get what we need to live.

You guys have to pay for fucking healthcare. You have to fork our a fucking fortune to go to school. You have to drink fluoride in from your tap water. You're given 2 total fucking embarrassments to represent your nation.

Now, what's so wrong with Scotlands politics? Aside from the factor I mentioned.

I don't actually live in Glasgow, some parts are actually quite nice..

Sure though, I'm only year 2 of my ethical hacking and network forensics course, I'm sure you'll take up every opportunity that I would've went for.

I highly doubt you even got a single A-level though.

The voting system is pretty bad, this video is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

Yes

>Bsc in 'ethical hacking' from glasgow 'university'

Fuck no, it's actually saving it.

We have 4 big parties now and it's a fucking mess. Bipartidism is the only way. I miss the fucking 2000's.

certainly yes.

Which is why the European proportional model is better than the Anglo-Saxon (USA, UK) majority FPTP model.

It's better at allowing new-concern parties to enter the political scene.

In the US they had to create the Tea Party mass movement to gain some seats.

In the UK Farage with his UKIP got 14% of votes and laughable 2 seats. It took a proportional (!) referendum to get those concerns to matter politically.

And the Brexit was a total surprise to everyone, which is a stupid way to govern. It means that problems grow larger and larger until they BTFO in a total revolutionary course correction.

Which is so stupid, because in a proportional model there would be an earlier political and policy adjustment.

>2nd year
>ethical hacking and network forensics (pretty niche)
>9 inch dildo w/ english flag rammed up anus
keep the personal info coming. iv heard some hackers arent so ethical, didnt they cover that in freshers week?

Do you know how much digital forensics get paid?

They are very much so in demand up here. Any company working with networks, they are needed, and paid a lot.

It doesn't have an English flag on it and it's smaller than that.

Trying to escape the fact that my future is brighter than your mudslime hole?

No, no matter how many parties you have, each party is a coalition of various different groups. Having more parties just means that each party is a smaller coalition.

Yep. Democrats aren't leftists and the Republicans aren't even fiscally conservative. It's awful

>the futures bright. the futures scottish

>scottish patriotism
>scottish pride

Underrated post

>projecting THIS much

Aight buddy

It already killed it. When was the last time they had a president, or a government people actually liked? The people who like Obama at this point only like him for reasons removed from politics.

Once again they are being forced to settle for the lesser of two evils. Well, I think Hillary is the only 'evil,' but still, the alternative shouldn't be a fucking egomaniac billionaire, no matter how redpilled he is.

It's not even just a failure of democracy. Wikileaks proved the two-party system is being sustained from the top down.

Please vote for independence. Your elected leaders are turning your country into the welfare capital of Europe. All of the Muslim ghettos in England will migrate to Scotland for the handouts and we can be done with your shit forever.

>England sucks
>its real bad down there
>but they pay to keep us alive
>im only at uni because of it
>but i dont care i hate the english
>they can go fuck themselves
(sips cheap lager, scratches hairy right knuckles while lowering can. takes syringe of drugs paid for by english benefits from astonishingly ugly, HIV positive classmate/girlfriend and shoots up heroin)
>none of it matters because one day il be a big deal scottish programmer in glasgow, the capital of the european tech industry

Yes, shit like the tea party and the libertarians should split off into their own party.

Aight, let's see here

Don't hate the English, my dad is English
It sucks down there because of immigration problems and you have to pay for uni
I'll eventually end up working as a network admin somewhere in Scotland unless I move abroad because I have a lot of money already

And nah senpai, I only smoke weed

Yes

/thread

to be fair if you make network admin you will be scot of the year for sure
please dont smoke weed with my tax money ffs

Pretty much.
Trump is trying to sit inbetween, as we're seeing but the MSM is incapable of putting anything "inbetween"

what happened when the republican party emerged?
Did the whig party just die over night or was it the american people who couldn't handle 3 choices? Or was the system designed as a binary system?
If it's the later, if anyone can change that system, I'd be trump. But I doubt he will.

You should fucking try ours.
One party, one dictator, bunch of corrupted politicians, oligarchs and priests under his thumb, and whole fucking country of unarmed peasants.
You know, feudalism 2.0, now with 100% more smartphones!