Now that the dust has settled.. can we agree this was shit?

Now that the dust has settled.. can we agree this was shit?

Pfffffffttttt

Bump

Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it shit.

getting a ton of good press, i wonder how much they need to consider it a success

IT WAS GOOD, BUT DIDN'T DESERVE THE SCORE IT HAS ON ROTTENTOMATOES.GOV
IT SEEMED LIKE THEY RAN OUT OF WAYS TO MAKE THE OST GIMMICK INTERESTING AND INSTEAD RECYCLED THE SAME MATERIAL TOWARDS THE END
NEEDED MORE SHOOTOUTS TO THE BEAT OF THE SOUNDTRACK
A SOLID 8/10 IF YOU ASK ME

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't work the way you seem to think it does.

ENLIGHTEN ME

>LE SOLID 8/10!!
>Average Rating: 8.2/10
>BUT LE BIG 97% NUMBER!!

The percentage simply means that 97% of critics counted liked the movie enough to give it a positive review. There's also an average rating below the percentage. Right now, Baby Driver is rated at 8.2/10 which is what you gave it.

It's literally tryhard the movie. Never before have I ever seen a film strain so strenuously to be "cool." Ansel's performance is forced "cool" as are many of the others (Jon Hamm most notably). There's practically zero character development for anyone and Baby gets a few half-assed flashbacks.

And, was it me, or did half of the music in this film not fit at all with the scenes.

Why did they kill the Asian guy? Was it because he lost his gun

That last one is just you I think. The song selection was the most carefully thought out part of the movie on Edgar Wright's part.

I NOW SEE THE ERROR OF MY WAYS
MAY GOD SMILE UPON YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS

and he got the wrong masks

Yep. Asian guy put them all at risk, even though the guns they were using were supposed to be untraceable to begin with.

Most people don't understand that the percentage is just the ratio of critics who rated the movie above a 6/10. If you have 100 reviewers and all of them gave a movie a 7/10 except 2 who gave a 5/10 the rating would be 98%. People don't understand that the movie isn't 2% away from being perfect. The average score is under the "fresh" percentage, but normies don't know that it's there and just see the big number.

thank god it was shit. this is a movie for the more pretentious crowd of the capeshit audience

It's because he puts the ASIAN in HOME INVASIAN

It really is astounding how many people on Sup Forums don't understand it.

When you show up as an Asian character just to be immediately stereotyped, make some ugly faces, and then get killed... where's the outrage?

Just LMAO if you're an Asian person with aspirations of acting in 2017...

>stereotypical Asian
I mean, I only saw the movie once, but I don't recall him practicing the violin or doing math homework, gonna watch it again just to be sure.

pretty sure he auditioned for the role knowing full well what it was. but heres your (you)

I think they only get angry when asian roles go to white actors. They honestly don't seem to care about shit disposable Asian characters.

Honestly there are 1.2 billion more where he came from so no loss. I think that is why no one really cares about "Asian guy dies first".

This. What are you talking about ?

Did he have autism?

He seemed to be the most experienced true criminal out of the bunch.

Maybe but he was also wildly unpredictable so I have a hard time believing Kevin Spacey's character would ever use him for jobs.

He was unpredictable but he had street smarts. He knew there were cops in the gun deal, he just didn't know they were bad cops.

the only character i felt for was jon hamm. he was just trying to do some crime with his girl when their autistic driver has a fit and gets everyone killed.

revenge was a completely natural reaction

I think its fairly avg at best. Movie seems aimed at a young audience. I cant believe someone of that age could learn to drive that good. but hey it is just a movie.

Bats obviously had to go but yeah, Baby should have figured out a way to do it differently.

its not exactly explained on the website though so im not sure why you expect everyone to know this.

It's pretty obvious.

It's his weakest for sure, but it's still way better than most of the shit I've seen from 2017, to the point where I ended up seeing it like 4 times (I also get free movies since I work at a theater so I abused the fuck out of that).

The Hocus Pocus chase/shootout and Tequila shootout were easily the best parts of the movie followed closely by Harlem Shuffle. Those scenes embody everything I was hoping for out of the movie.

The scene where Baby insists on being the driver for the post office heist despite him being desperate to bail on them earlier is a scene I wasn't a huge fan of. I dug the Was He Slow remix being used there, got a good laugh out of me every time.

A review I watched earlier said that the last 10 minutes were unnecessary, and it made me think that putting Baby Driver over Baby surrendering and ending it there could actually be impactful as hell and make a great scene.

It's been long enough that I can properly shit on the movie, it's the best of the summer (at least until Atomic Blonde comes out) but worst of Wright's career.

I expect people to read.

dont you think if it was obvious then more people would know?

I know Sup Forums isn't collectively the brightest board on Sup Forums but come on.

its probably not a good idea to presume anything like that on a user board.

Baby Driver is 2017's Reddit: The Movie.
If you like this trash, go back to r/movies.

Thats why the main char is basically a teen. they want that audience.

Well in that case I genuinely wonder how these people think Rotten Tomatoes arrives at a percentage.

most people dont give a fuck how things work.

So... are you saying Sup Forums is filled with idiots or are you defending them or both?

im saying you should stop presuming to know anything about these people.

Nah. If you can't the time to learn how something as simple as RT works when you frequent a message board about film and television, you're just kind of a dummy.

It is explained. Regardless, it seems my expectations for humanity are a tad high. I'm mostly bothered when people bitch about a movies "score" with out understanding how it works. Joe Rogan was horribly misinformed about this very subject no thanks to Jamie and that one guest.

actually caring what that trash website says about any movie or show ever.....

One look at the website and you'll notice 'What's the Tomatometer' right at the top. Sigh.

based caps lock poster?

Mm-hmm.

>he was just trying to do some crime with his girl

bro, they were both sociopaths. Their convo behind baby proved it.

I want contrarianposting to end tbqh

Yeah but Bats was way worse. They were the only ones that actually respected Baby.

Maybe form your own opinion once in a while. It wasnt that good.

It was a comedy/action movie.
It doesn't need to be structurally sound, it just needs to deliver in making the audience laugh and excited.
It was fucking fantastic.

which kind of makes baby a dumbass as buddy was going to kill bats anyways. Regardless, no sympathy for none of them. They were all ruthless criminals.

>baby driver fresher than shaun of the dead

yeah i dont think so

I agree it was complete shit. Horrible soundtrack. Corny dialogue. The first half was so bad, other than the scene where the asian guy got Mike Myers masks. But seriously, it only got good when Jamie Foxx was killed, and that's because I can't fucking stand Jamie Foxx. He ruined Django for me, and unfortunately he ruined this one as well. It's just really sad that they tried making up for the shitty first half by drowning the second half with nothing but action and a shit ending.

Totally agreed. I don't need all of my movie going experiences to be weighty and thought provoking. This is a simple, crowd pleasing rush of a movie.

Agreed. There seemed to be a concerted effort to paint Buddy as someone who treated Baby like an actual human being and tried to befriend him. In return, his wife was killed because Baby autism lacked impulse control and wanted to get back at Bats.

You suck at watching movies.

I really don't, this movie could've been so much better.

Better in what aspect? Do you understand that the film was intended to be a highly-stylized action film with hokey characters and comedic sprinklings across the film?

Tell me what would have made this film "better"

Tezinga

Maybe having a protagonist with a personality?

"He was a good boy. He dindu nuffin!" is basically how he's defended in court and somehow it's supposed to ingratiate the character to the audience.

Other than the fact that the third act was kind of a mess and Kevin Spacey was in it this was summer KINO. I loved it. Even if you didn't have a good time watching it you have to appreciate how fun and inventive it was. The songs fit into the movie in a way that could've been gimmicky but wasnt, and the main character of a heist movie is really empathetic and likable.

If you think it was necessary at that point to get the audience rooting for the protagonist, then you need to find an earlier criticism because I don't think anyone at that point needed to be won over.

How about fucking over Buddy and Darling to strike out at Bats? He agreed to do a job and then fucked over the only people in the movie that treated him like a human being.

Also, fucking Christ was Spacey's character written unevenly as fuck.

Can Jonn Ham only do Don Draper, I swear he has zero range, just playing DD playing devil-may-care villain.

It works for him. George Clooney made it pretty far playing George Clooney.

I completely see what you're saying. Buddy was just like Don Draper. He placed no importance on his marriage and was drinking like a fish the whole time. Totally the same character.

He's a kid who was having trouble focusing with the woman he was trying to protect just witnessing a man dying at bats' hands. It had been shown before that he gets worked up over people getting fucking killed, so it'd make sense that he would make a rash decision to end bats' killstreak then and there. Plus I bet bats would have taken the opportunity to fucking kill them all after that heist considering they all knew it was their "last big one".

baby killing bats was an "in the moment" decision that ultimately fucked everything up, but in the end killed 3 psychopaths who didn't deserve the money they were stealing. Baby was the only good person of the group.

"Thank God I did the right thing and avoided people getting killed by getting people killed."

Baby is a selfish cunt, just like everyone else in the movie.

Keep in mind that he was forced into doing more jobs when he wanted out.

I didn't buy the romance. The movie was allot more forgettable than kermode made it seem. But it wasn't bad at all.

Big opening weekend, made more than Transformers in the US.

>I didn't buy the romance.
it was pretty forced
gotta buy into that young love at first sight bullshit sometimes

Except he was given the final say as to whether or not they were going to do the last job. He convinced Doc they should follow through with it only to fuck over everyone involved which somehow led to Doc suddenly becoming altruistic out of nowhere, for no reason.

He saw the Asian dude killed for less. If he didn't go along with it, he was for sure getting a bullet in the head.

Haha well done well done

HOWEVER

bats would have killed baby if he disagreed

bats was fucking insance

You realise the studio only forecasted Baby Driver at 15mil opening weekend right?

And it made double that, it's been a hit so far.

So in order to get back at Bats he fucks over Buddy and Darling?

I thought a protagonist was supposed to be a film's moral center?

>So in order to get back at Bats he fucks over Buddy and Darling?
see

>15 million on a wide release

Not every wide release is playing on the same number of screens. Something like Spider-Man Homecoming will be taking up exponentially more screens per theater than Baby Driver.

I watched the movie on a whim since we arrived too late for the other movie we wanted to see. I thought it was a 2.5/5 and was really surprised when I got home and saw everyone ridding its dick.

>And, was it me, or did half of the music in this film not fit at all with the scenes.

First half of the movie is really on point, but afterwards they just start playing whatever.

So to be morally superior to a murderer he murders someone?

All of the characters were written in a way that was incredibly uneven. Buddy goes from being empathetic to being the antagonist, Doc goes from threatening tyrant to altruist and Joe goes from not wanting to accept blood money to sitting in a rocking chair with a jacket full of that same cash rooting for Baby to get away with it all.

I agree about Jamie Foxx completely. The film really needs more editing. Getting rid of the extended epilogue and cutting some of Foxx's scenes (like maybe the convenience store one) would be a good start.

18+

Not every movie is a blockbuster, it made its production budget in one weekend, do some learning before posting here ever again

>So to be morally superior to a murderer he murders someone?

I bet you get triggered whenever a cop kills a criminal you moral equivalence fucktard.

God, I look at figures like this and I just think it's rediculous. You guys laugh at a 30 million domestic total. I just think of what I could do with a budget of just 1 million.

>see Jon bernthal
>instantly excited
>mask u sumthin pops in my head
>smiling wide like an asshole
>picturing Jon rubbing everyone's head

>he's not in the second half of the movie
Thank God I brought my own beer because I was disappoint

Doc didn't know Baby had a tanty since all other crew members were rekt or not there yet

>If you don't see me again then I'm probably dead

Or something to that effect.

Oh I'm sorry, sweetie. I didn't realize that I was watching Minority Report and that Baby was able to ascertain exactly what someone else's actions were going to be without any question.

You're a fucking idiot who should be killed slow. Fuck your cunt mother Faggot. Enjoy your BvS and Suicide Squad.