Doctor Who General - /who/

I hoped there'd be stars edition

Currently stuck in the sodding time vortex again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMi8c8uglmI
youtube.com/watch?v=UJqnGpkaqrM
youtube.com/watch?v=XGW5fL6bhCY
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-eighth-doctor---the-time-war-series-01-1384?range=112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder.

New Doctor and his companions

NARDOLE IS STRONGER THAN THE DOCTOR
OBJECTIVELY BEST CHARACTER CONFIRMED

is he a big guy?

>cats was Moffat's shitposting trip all along

If the Doctor would have legit died after this scene I wouldn't even be mad it was the perfect ending

I'm a bit surprised they didn't age up the children a bit in this scene, to show that Nardole had been waiting for a few years at that point.

>Bill thinks the Doctor is dead
>the Doctor thinks Bill is dead
>Nardole thinks both of them are dead

vid related is max canon
youtube.com/watch?v=nMi8c8uglmI

It was so obvious... How could we be so blind?

12's actual last words probably won't be as beautiful.

I hope the next Doctor gets just as involved with fans as Capaldi did, you can tell he absolutely loved it

This looks like every British drama series made in the last 6 years, Jesus Fuck.

>the doctor thinks missy abandoned him
>the doctor doesn't know she stood for him
>the doctor doesn't know she died

>Missy died without the Doctor knowing she decided to stand with him
>the last thing he will always remember from her is her betraying him

Fuck.

New Master tormenting the New Doctor's companions

this is genuinely one of the most depressing things moff has done

>"Stupid, stupid Doctor!!"

Man the series 11 trailer was great, surprised they shot enough footage to show

>I can't keep on being somebody else
This probably just means "I can't keep changing from one person to another" but it almost sounds like he still thinks of himself as the First Doctor and the rest are just alter egos he adopts, especially given what happens right after. And also because 1 IS GOAT AND CANON. EVERY OTHER DOCTOR IS NONCANON SHIT FUCK YOU.

Is Clara returning?

Apparently so for the Christmas episode

I think it might have to do with the Doctor literally wanting to just rest already and die, but as Moffat said he's eventually going to choose to live

Of course
Moff better not fuck it up, if he doesn't make the clara scene about her accepting her death while the doctor accepts his regneration I'll be very grumpy

You bet your sweet ass she is. Truly Moff's final gift to /who/.

It's fine. The Doctor knows he and the Master are buds.

The true question is:
Will 12 regenerate to Breaking the Wall?

I want it to be a mix of that and Every Christmas is Last Christmas

>A massive change
You best not give me a girl Doctorina Whoette I swear to god.

It's 2019 and you're watching your favourite Doctor Who episodes on youtube, then the video ends and you're greeted by
>HAY ye wuvley peopwuls!!! Dun farge' ta tickle dat wike buttwon and subscwibe fa moor cwazy docta hoo videos XD. Hugs and kwisses and hava wibbly wobbly wonderfwal day ta all yous siwwy bananas :P

Will Rosenthal be the greatest Doctor yet? He'll be able to single-handedly revive the show by being eye candy to bring back all the tumblr fangirls while also being deeply witty with alien charm to appeal to the hardcore fans

Fuck you moffat.

>calls the finale a bloodbath
>only Missy and the non-Bill Cybermen die

Waiting for the Christmas special is going to be dreadful isn't it...

I hope not
it was okay in TDF but using it again one episode later is just going to undermine it. Let the regeneration music be a new composition.

I'm looking forward to the "does anyone know when the christmas special is airing?" meme being relevant again tbqh desu

>tfw your in nz and it airs on the 26th

>Let the regeneration music be a new composition.
Has this ever happened before? I'm not enough of a nerd to be able to identify many of the scores (I wish I was though) but that sounds like it wouldn't happen.

vale decem
can't remember 11's

11's was already used in... I want to say it was during Clara's speech in Rings of Akhaten. youtube.com/watch?v=UJqnGpkaqrM

What about the classic "I don't watch Christmas specials because I'm an atheist" maymay

another favourite

if this is marigold's last episode too, do you think he will try and go out with a bang and make another cracker like vale decem?

youtube.com/watch?v=XGW5fL6bhCY
marigold peaked with the 2009 specials and has really never been as good as the RTD era ever since

If you haven't listened to How to Win Planets and Influence People, then do so. It's one of the funniest Doctor Who scripts in a long time.

You guys, I really like Doctor Who.

Ugh. Pleb.

Is it comfy?

>He hasn't achieved true hatred of all things Who yet
I remember when I was young.

Without witness, without hope, etc.

I ironically want Rosenthal to be 13.

Literally explain yourself.

I'd be surprised to see Clara but not Missy on the special, she was a big part of the Twelve's era

He doesn't even speak like that, where has that come from?

Speaking of audios, it's main range user here. Recently listened to 37. The Sandman and 38. The Church and the Crown, enjoyed both of them, both solid stories with a nice bit of mystery in Sandman and a historical in Church and the Crown

Also listened to half The Romance of Crime and it's pretty good so far

He knows

the doctors wife was fucking trash

Your fucking trash.

power of love is always bad until we want it to be good

Agreed.
>I said your were the most beautiful thing I'd even seen
Yeah, like the first Doc would have said that...

Don't worry Moff will retcon his character in the Christmas special and have him saying stuff like "ohh you sexy thing"

>tell you what doctor, if you regenerate I'll go back and face the raven

1st see's 12's TARDIS
>Compensating for something?
Could Moffat do it? Would he dare? I think so!

Clara deciding to face her death while 12 decides to face his regeneration would be the only thing that would make a Clara cameo worth it. But Moff won't do it because "no this is Doctor Who and good things happen not bad so Clara will live forever"

I haven't watched the episode
How did they mess up the cybermen again

>1 enters 12's TARDIS
>Slowly turns his cane upwards

I guess it was no worse than how they usually mess them up.

Flying, and Auton gun effect for the Cyberman gun

the mondasians have rocket boots after thousands of years of evolution
besides that they just all kind of blow up easily and don't prove themselves to be much of a threat

Do they ever release the short trips on CD?

>I see you've re-decorated...I like it

oh
i
i just want good cybermen stories
is that too much?

Not really any worse than usual for NuWho. The first part has some good conversion stuff I suppose, second part has them as a generic robot army with the companion fighting off conversion somehow with the strength of her emotions or some bullshit. It's fun to see Mondasian style Cybermen I suppose.

In this day and age, yes.

Why is Bradley so cute?

Considering there's only ever been like a handful of good Cybermen stories, yeah it is

>1 looks down at his crotch, a surprised expression on his aged face
>"I must say.. I haven't felt THAT sensation in quite some time!"
>12 trips and falls onto a drumset and regenerates into Mark Gatiss wearing a pair of fake breasts

It's gonna be shit

>le 1 was just grumpy all the time maymay
I can totally see him saying something like that, especially when he's alone with Susan, who he was more intimate with than any of his other companions.

>you know, the workman ship on this ship is extraordinary, yes mhm. wonderful
thats about as good as you're gonna get, if he was in a good mood.

They clarified at least that cybermen are inevitable and appear in many different planets and take roughly the same path.

No

So what's Big Finishs plan for 8? They're slowly approaching the Time War, and after that they've reached the end of his timeline. What's next? More main range stuff? A new separate 8th doctor adventures as its own range but in main range style, set before or after Charley?

Same.

We've still got the Time War boxsets and more stuff with Liv and Helen before we get to that point. It'll take at least a few years.

MeGan is quitting after Time War releases. He's been playing the part for 20 years.

There's only going to be one (1) more Capaldi episode.

Why not?

By that logic Davison, Baker and McGann should have quit years ago.

According to notthebigfinishforums, he's never returning to main range.

Really? I thought it was the Time War up next.

Why would I know?

>Why would I know?
you might secretly work for BF

He's a part of the Classic Doctors, New Monsters as well as the Time War series

bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-eighth-doctor---the-time-war-series-01-1384?range=112

The Time War Series will last until 2020 so who knows what he'll do after that.

SHUT. UP.

Imagining Bradley getting really excited about all the different things Capaldi's TARDIS has compared to his own is cute. Would be a nice take on the stale "I don't like it" meme. And him asking about what all the different switches, etc. do could be a fun meta reference to Hartnell himself.

>Books! Right here in the console room? My dear boy, what a splendid idea! I'm glad to see we don't lose sight of what's important, hmm?
I don't know how to impersonate Hartnell's speaking

Yes, there's the Time War boxsets, but Liv and Helen haven't left yet so they'll get back to them.

>tfw Alien Bodies adaptation never

Just throw a couple of "yes yes" in there and an "indeed" or "quite right" and you're good

It's gonna be GOAT. I just hope Moffat get's Hartnell spot on. Is it confirmed a 60 minute episode? It really needs to be

Have there been any more new leaks since the photo of two Tardises?

No, that's all wrong. The Doctor could be reserved but he showed emotion at truly intense moments and stealing the TARDIS is the biggest decision of his life. I'm not saying I'd expect him to break down in tears, but something like
>Look at that, Susan. The ship's central control column. Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
It's something he's probably never seen before (forget all that crap about 4 having taken TARDIS exams) that represents freedom, escape, a new life.

All Christmas Specials are 60 mins

I wonder if they'd have to negotiate with Lawrence and/or pay him royalties. I don't know how rights for the books work. If they did, I can see why BF wouldn't bother. They probably don't want to talk to him and who knows if he'd even agree if they did.

How can we bring Larry back to the light side, /who/?