Every single George Carlin bit is exactly the same

Every single George Carlin bit is exactly the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVlkxrNlp10
youtube.com/watch?v=vdPy5Ikn7dw
youtube.com/watch?v=-3j-yE49gvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf i hate george carlin now

Alright. Have a good night.

That's because george carlin is the role model of every modern comedian. In other words modern stand up was pioneered by him.

>And big sparks from the city have lit the suburbs on fire and the suburbs burn uncontrollably and thousands of identical homes have identical fires with identical smoke, killing all the identical soccer moms and their identical kids named JASON and JENIFERRRR

>RRRRREEEEE everyone is so stupid!!!

enough, George. We get it

>People don't really throw up, they throw down. If you threw up, you'd have to get out of the way.

Genius.

>you don't TAKE a shit
>you LEAVE a shit
LOL

SPOKESMAN SHOULD BE SPOKESPERSON

>EVERYONE IS RETARDED AND IS DOING THINGS WRONG EXCEPT ME I AM RIGHT STOP BEING SO STUPID WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS FIGURED THIS OUT

George Carlin was better when he wasn't the screaming angry old man. It's still watchable and can be funny but it's Patton Oswalt tier "we get it other people suck" comedy.

His delivery and stage presence were incredible always.

always hated his whole "philosopher for the common people" schtick he did. what is the point of being an unfunny comedian?

HE WAS KILLING IT
JUS' KILLIN' IT
SLAYIN' AND KILLIN'
JUUUUUUUUUUST KILLIN' IT
MAN HE'S THE GREATEST IF NOT THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME
JUST KILLIN IT BACK WHEN I WAS WORKING *INSERT RANDOM COMEDY CLUB*
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLIIIIIIIIN'
IIIIIIIIIIIIT

Is that your Joe Rogan?

And none of them are funny.

>.. and speaking of cattle fucking
>Do you know why when a rancher fucks a sheep he does so at the edge of a cliff?
>Because the sheep pushes back

He was an armchair philosopher disguised as a comedian because he was paid more that way. That's all.

He was funny, but in a different way. His delivery was about as perfect as you can get, it's just that it was for something more philosophical with a dollop of comedic relief.

Basically this. What made him a legendary comedian was his stage presence. His observations and logic are definitely worthwhile, but not always 'haha lol' funny.

>not always 'haha lol' funny
they didn't always need to be t b h

I loved his "tired of yer shit" old man shtick.
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlkxrNlp10

I guess it's "in" to shit on Carlin these days. Ten years ago you couldn't find a bad word about him on the internet. Anything that was once popular will have this ebb and flow.

Carlin is the unfunny predecessor to Bill Hicks. He said a few very wise and quotable things. But for every truth bomb he dropped, he made 20 jokes that didn't land, that weren't funny or insightful.

Hippies liked him because he was a bit of an armchair philosopher that seemed to back their ideals.

But Bill Hicks had the same shtick but actually did it with talent and humor about 20 years later. You go to present day and we still have a bit of the armchair philosopher/comedian asshole thing going on with guys like Doug Stanhope.

Sup Forums is full of contrarian retards, user, most people don't suddenly hate him.

>But Bill Hicks had the same shtick but actually did it with talent and humor about 20 years later
George Carlin was alive for almost two decades after Bill Hicks died.

I think he can be funny but I really do hate the whole 'armchair philosopher' thing. And not just Carlin, I hate those people in general. Maybe I'm just a turbo autist but I've always been slightly annoyed by those who overly exaggerate shit to no end. I.e "These people are a minor inconvenience to me, therefore they should just DIEEE". And so when Carlin just stands there for 40 minutes and overly exaggerates stuff, it very quirky becomes very stale and bland. If it wasn't for his good delivery and such he'd be a really shit comedian.

As much as I hate the influence Carlin had on comedy, he had some really great bits. This is one of them:
youtube.com/watch?v=vdPy5Ikn7dw

Carlin was original back when he did his thing, but it's trickled down to other acts the point where almost every comedian these days has to talk about how Christianity is bullshit and capitalism sucks and all the same horseshit that's just become completely insufferable.

When someone famous dies, their halo burns bright for a few years. They are remembered at their best and all their sins are, at least temporarily, absolved. I mean how many Michael Jackson pedo jokes have you heard lately? In the 90s and early 2000s those jokes were in style. Now that MJ has died his remembered at his 70s/80s best and all the craziness, plastic surgery, bleached skin, and those sketchy allegations are forgiven if not outright forgotten.

But after a while, the halo fades. It would have been sacrilege to say Nirvana sucks in the late 90s... but now it's commonplace.

>Nirvana sucks in the late 90s... but now it's commonplace.
No it isn't. Cobain was the last major figure in music, and before that it was probably MJ, then you had a shit load in the 70s and 60s.

>dude THE MAN lmao

MJ has been dead 8 years, just one year longer than Carlin.

I was saying that Carlin sucked on Sup Forums years 10 years ago and I distinctly remember the board being torn between who was the greater comedian, Hicks or Carlin. You probably liked Carlin 10 years ago because you were in that edgy "lmao he's so right" philosophy 101 phase.

I was saying Carlin sucked since before it was cool. Back in the 90s. The dudes just not funny. He has has a few good quotable lines... but that's it.

And his sets are painful. He has the lowest hit to miss ratio of any comedian I can think of.

Did he invent the "man talks about a complicated topic real fast while saying no jokes, but when he abruptly stops the audience claps and laughs because they don't want to seem like they didn't get it" routine or did he just adopt it?

I was already 24 ten years ago, so no. He was very much universally praised everywhere. Likewise I'm not surprised he gets shit on often around here now.

>haha semantics right guise?

youtube.com/watch?v=-3j-yE49gvM