Was Starlin the Bendis of the 80s? I love the Cult, but it's riddled with this shit

Was Starlin the Bendis of the 80s? I love the Cult, but it's riddled with this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/10/comic-book-legends-revealed-264/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there is worse

What's with Joker's chin?

Why is that blue man's pants down so low his ass is hanging out of it.

10/10

>Why is that blue man's pants down so low his ass is hanging out of it.
thats deadshot right?

>that blue man

>shit casuals say

I recently re-read The Cult, and I realized that Endgame is just a really shitty ripoff of it, but with a different ending

Starlin really did his best work in the 70's.

Ayo, hol up. U saiyan we some kind of blue man group?

What didn't Endgame rip-off?

Starlin was great, you seem to forget that Joker just killed robin at this point. When has Bendis created a character half as interesting as even KGBeast either.

God damn kill yourself faggot, that was a fucking great ending.

I don't think he was ever the right guy to do a Batman and Robin, he had an almost pathological hatred for the character, Dicks fans really lucked out that he' graduated by that point.

>Starlin: Well, I always thought that the whole idea of a kid side-kick was sheer insanity. So when I started writing Batman, I immediately started lobbying to kill off Robin. At one point DC had this AIDS book they wanted to do. They sent around memos to everybody saying “What character do you think we should, you know, have him get AIDS and do this dramatic thing” and they never ended up doing this project. I kept sending them things saying “Oh, do Robin! Do Robin!” And Denny O’Neill said “We can’t kill Robin off”. Then Denny one night got this flash that “Hey, if we get this number where people call in and they can vote on it, they can decide whether Robin lives or dies.” So that’s how it started. I wrote up two endings and the readers came in and voted and I think it was 93 or something, it was this negliable amount, the difference for him to be put to death. And the death won out of course.

>goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/10/comic-book-legends-revealed-264/

Starlin's not a particularly good writer, but there's nothing wrong with beat panels. His comics weren't excessively decompressed.

Absolutely based.

>We can’t kill Robin off
This is pretty hilarious in hindsight

He only died because some jerk with a robodialer spammed it with kill votes.

You can also count Damian, Steph if you think she counts, and Dick as well I guess for all of 30 seconds.
>Well done Tim

But that's a good page

> I never read this series

leave now

>I wrote up two endings and the readers came in and voted and I think it was 93 or something, it was this negliable amount, the difference for him to be put to death. And the death won out of course.

best 900 number call I ever made

>Was Starlin the Bendis of the 80s?

No Starlin is good

FUCK YOU FOREVER

That was the LAST page of the LAST issue of Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

Fuckin dick.

This works because the whole beat sequence only takes the space of one or two regular panels.

This one wroks because it comes as the end of an emotional scene. It's a dramatic beat.

Bendis problem is wasting too much space for comedy beats or repeating panels where people are supposed to be moving or talking.