Is this worth watching? I'm a big fan of The Matrix but have never seen this

Is this worth watching? I'm a big fan of The Matrix but have never seen this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySf4f19CNyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes it's really good.

Some segments are cool and others are unwatchable

watch it instead of wasting time on a cambodian cartoon web site

It's certainly better than the Matrix sequels

Its sometimes unsettling, other times art school fluff

the part worth watching is the second renaissance

No, spend the next two hours participating in Sup Forums threads about how Master & Commander is high brow.

>that scene
>that fucking scene
Quit trying to give nightmares, user.

It's mostly good, with maybe one big miss in my opinion

this. last flight of the Osirus and Matriculated are pretty good, but that one about the emo kid who wanted to smash his school made me want to slap him across the face. and the noir detective one just went on forever.

... Yuki? where is that damn cat?

The haunted house one is the best. Second Renaissance is really good and does a lot to flesh out the lore of the matrix, but the haunted house is just something else.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ySf4f19CNyU
Yes

t. woman

Its better than both of the actual sequels

My favourite has got to be the one with the Athlete, for similar reasons to the one about the haunted house. I guess it's something about seeing the "bluepilled" interacting and being exposed to the matrix, only to have to continue their lives without answers.

Animatrix > Matrix Sequel

>Immm....real...

only the sk8r boi and noir detective stories I thought were shit. The rest are all great to good

tfw no cybernetic gf

this.
It's worth a watch. I was never a fan of the Matrix to begin with so I found this more interesting

The only one worth watching is the prequel shit that shows when the robots took over. The best part was when people beat up a sexbot

>the one about a samurai girl animated by the Ninja Scroll team
>the detective story from the Cowboy Bebop guy

Pure kino

The quality varies but it's good overall

Honestly, it's better than any of the matrix movies. A very underappreciated anime.

Though most of the segments are good, there are a couple that are weaker. Don't ask me which though, it's prob been about 15 years since I've seen that shit.

The Matrix > Animatrix >>>>> The Matrix Reloaded >>>> shit >>>> The Matrix Revolutions

Just watch the knd version

yea its good at least some of it, cant remember too much.

>can't express an opinion without meme speak
Ignore this guy. He's a faggot.

Watch Matriculated while tripping balls on anything and thank me later.

the glitchy one with the girl and the kids was pure kino

I don't like how you talk!

>implying green texting isn't memespeak

That looked really dumb desu

>meme shitter
Imbecile
Opinion discarded

>continue their lives without answers
Nigga he fucking levitates himself at the end, he's Neo tier

The Second Renaissance Parts I&II > Matriculated (the capture enemy sentinels and give them psychedelic therapy sessions one, this is first if you're tripping like other user said) > World Record (the athlete) > Beyond (haunted house) >> Program (the ninja scroll & vampire hunter D guy) >>>> A Detective Story (the Cowboy Bebop guy) >> Final Flight of the Osiris >>> Kid's Story (fucking hated that cunt in revolutions too)

I actually didn't like that one. I didn't like the art style, and I also didn't really like the idea that you can just pull yourself out of the matrix by sheer focus.

The fact that this random guy can do it kinda undermines what makes Neo do unique.

the first 2 stories genesis are pretty good and answered a alot of questions i had about the world the matrix is set in. i think the second to last story is just like a dmt trip

> I also didn't really like the idea that you can just pull yourself out of the matrix by sheer focus. The fact that this random guy can do it kinda undermines what makes Neo do unique.

that's fair, to be honest though I was never really into the whole "the one" business and the fantasy hero story the wachowski sisters invented for their sci-fi world. It worked in the first but then their insanity took the reigns and ruined the sequels.

> I didn't like the art style
yeah I didn't really like it either, for art style I'd pick the samurai girl one cos those guys have impeccable animation, loved Vampire Hunter D haven't seen ninja scroll

but he doesn't end up escaping or actually finding out his circumstance, and doesn't he become a cripple?

Yeah the sequel movies are bad. It's just that everyone loses their minds over what Neo can do in the first movie, and this guy is just able to do it all by himself with no training of any kind.

And I haven't seen any of these anime, I pretty much don't watch anime unless it has giant robots or semi realistic spaceships in it. So besides Planetes, Gundam, and Beebop I don't really watch any.

mostly shit, like that batman one.

the second renaissance was the best thing to come out of the matrix trilogy and it pains me that anime isn't more like that instead of the kawaii desu senpai shit it is now.

I thought it was cool at the time, but looking back it's pretty ghey

Is this the kid that jumps off the building and floats? I always thought they had stumbled across a glitch in the physics of the matrix. It was just isolated to that area and you can see them screwing around with it.

Skip Osiris and Matriculated as they are garbage.

Was the second renaissance real or robot propaganda to smear humanity and make the robots look better?

yes one of best animations of the 00s

I love the glitch story

Mixture of both

>not enjoying dope ass animation and direction from shinichiro watanabe

this pleb taste. a detective story was the best.

I still feel that the prequel stuff with how the war started is very dumb in some areas, like the clouds thing to cover up the sun, I know they had to have that at some point since its in the actual movie but when they explain the justification it was just stupid. I had the idea that it was like a nuclear winter in steroids because of the kinds of weapons used And how damaged the earth got, but being told that it was an actual plano to cover up the sun because of solar energy? Humans deserved to die with that shit planning.

Skinjobs B T F O

yeah it is worth watching. It's probably better than matrix 2 and 3

just watch the both episodes of the second renaissance, its quite neat

the other stuff is a bit filler-ish. Flight of the Osiris is like a pre-story to matrix reloaded i think, but the cgi looks dated now

It's great.

The Second Renaissance is probably the best thing about the Matrix franchise, and I don't even like anime.

>In the beginning, there was man. And for a time, it was good. But humanity's so-called civil societies soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made the machine in his own likeness. Thus did man become the architect of his own demise. May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins.

>My favourite has got to be the one with the Athlete

animator wanted to be Peter Chung, which was funny, 'cause Peter Chung did "Matriculated".

>I had the idea that it was like a nuclear winter in steroids because of the kinds of weapons used And how damaged the earth got, but being told that it was an actual plano to cover up the sun because of solar energy? Humans deserved to die with that shit planning.

It was literally their final solution. Humanity was being absolutely crushed by the Machines who were completely solar powered. By cutting them off the sun they got a brief reprieve and were able to counterattack on all fronts until they started bringing out Sentinels and shit.

Plus, their intention was only to blot the sun out over Zero One (the machine city) itself and not actually to blot out the entire planet.

The who directed World Record is the guy who directed Redline.

That's fucking awesome. I can see it now.

I watched this shit one time like 10 years ago and I can still hear the screaming

OH GOD HELP ME

Second Renaissance is pure kino and should have been included in the main films.

>I actually didn't like that one.

I understand why you think that, but it really gets better the more times you watch it, its so cleverly done.

It's alright. It's a collection of shorts that range hugely in quality from total borefest to near-perfection. You'll like some of them.

>Beyond

You have no idea how much I wish anime SoL series following the daily shit highschool girls get up to were actually anything like this particular short. That would completely redeem the whole genre. Just the scene where she's talking to her friend on the phone alone beats the shit out of anything I've seen in any of those shows.

He doesn't levitate, he has a brief moment where he regains control of his legs, but that's it.

It really is.

Shit, some shorts are even better than the matrix 2 and 3.

Is good to see the influence of the based Japanese in the stories.
Instead of fucking in lame shit like zion interracial raves they went back to what made the first matrix good.

But Detective story is kino.

Thats one of the worst scenes I ever saw as a kid and it Did give me nightmares for years.
If you hate your kids/nieces make them watch animatrix.

Second Renaissance should have been developed as a feature-length instead of Reloaded and Revolutions.

I only liked the bit where it shows you the history of how the machines first came into existence, then started their own nation and eventual war with humans

the rest of the bits were meh and some of them barely made sense, especially the one at the end

4.5/10

Which bit is that?

>and I also didn't really like the idea that you can just pull yourself out of the matrix by sheer focus.
He chad-ed his way out of the matrix. Except the matrix is supposed to be about nerd heroes. NORMIES FUKKEN REEEEEEEE.

You dumbass, Matriculated is the second best of the flicks. Animation is shite but it's a pretty cool idea.

Saw this scene when i was about 16 or 15... still fucked me up tho

It's much better than the two Matrix sequels. It captures the cyberpunk that made Matrix good.

I love 2 and I adore 3. Zion scenes killed my dick. What an uninspiring horrible place. Who wasn't minority was a dyke or fag or some mudlslime. It looked like Brazil

Why did the rebots go from human bodies to flying tosters with no personality controlled by one system

Because they hated their human creators and changed their form out of spite. The machines still have personality as demonstrated by every machine character in the matrix movies (including lines of code), you just cant tell from the surface because we can generally only comprehend human personalities, but really soldiers in a battle that we are fighting against would seem to have the same personality as well, no?

matrix > animatrix > matrix 2 > shit > matrix 3

>cambodian cartoon web site

>the wachowski sisters
yuk

Sup Forums kiddie detected

the renessaince bits i meant

its boring and crap
literally le ebin trippy youtube video that goes on for too long

That animation is ridiculously good.

I really hated how this looked when i first saw it, but I loved it when i rewatched it.

Awesome but we lose, most people couldnt handle that, plus our human heroes would be killed off rogue one style.

I thought that was the original intention but the studio didnt want that so we got what we got.

Just watch the Second Renaissance, the only cool part of it and hilarious enough, better than the entire trilogy.

I like to think that this and the first Matrix Film are the only Canon

2 & 3 can fuck off

I like that it kinda shows what Neo and them got up too between movies, it would been better if they he just remained in Zion and helped free people from the matrix than become literal Jesus and solve everything

Get off Sup Forums and watch this masterpiece of animation. I hate you so much right now.

The one with the Asian girl getting BLACKED was pure kino

Nithing in it is unwatchable you fag. The haunted house is amazing, the kid is important, the race is easily the best segment other than Second Reniassance.

Pleb filter doing it's job

second renaissance is haunting, love beyond too