Namor The Sub-Mariner Storytime (Part 6)

Welcome back Anons! Holy shit, right through his head!

In case you weren't here last time, we finally got Iron Fist back!

And there's more that happened, but the book will probably explain it itself.

This is what happens when you don't mow your lawn, people.

>Evil Dead

Yeah, for a bit this basically became Iron Fist: featuring Namor.
Granted, given what I was here for, I didn't mind.

And since this is a Marvel book in the 90's, of course Wolverine is in it.
No, they don't explain why he's there any more than "they caught him sneaking around", and they don't explain why he was doing that.

And now we FINALLY learn Tyrone King's secret!

X-user actually recently storytimed the Alpha Flight issue they're referring to at

This plan is insanely convoluted, even for capeshit standards.

This seems...kinda shit.

It's this part that amuses me the most. This is Zoom-like pettiness, to try and fuck the hero's girlfriend just because you hate him so much.
Actually, this is better than Zoom, since Zoom actually struck out with Iris in the Bronze Age.
This guy? He actually managed it. And there doesn't seem to be any benefit to his plan to screw with Danny besides that extra level of "fuck you".

I do enjoy how they mention frequently that Khan's a big deal, but nowhere near Strange. Given how he's written now, I like that he gets his due respect in the old days.

>"I always put my faith in the plant world."
>"They never lied to me, never tried to cheat me. Until now."

I revoke this.
It's not kinda shit, it's just shit.

Wait a week, and I'll be on the next series.

Wait, you've been awake this whole time?

I have no idea why Khan is pale as fuck now, when he was originally dark as fuck.

So yeah, I guess that's why we never see the H'ylthri again. Master Khan just fucking killed them all.

Huh, so that happened.

Yeah, we're 90's Marvel now.

Burne is no longer on art, he's relegated to just scripting. For art, we've got Jae Lee.

He'll be on pencils for basically the rest of our time in the series, I believe.

Man, I can only imagine those winks make shoes a massive pain.

Holy shit, that massive mane.

Oh right, they mentioned a lot earlier that he's got more hair than people guess, he just slicks it back.
And going by the actual beard, it's grown out even more.

Yeah, we all know how Namor goes with blondes.

Oh yeah, Phoebe Marrs is still in this book.

Vampire?

Namor doesn't look right in the last panel. He's leaning back a bit, for no reason.

kys scott haan of lafayette, indiana

And they split a double-page spread.

Byrne should have never been given a chance to come near a script.

Big Johnny needs to come back for one last run and fix all the replacement shit at Marvel

... Wait, really?

>Using coll silhouette effects to cover up laziness.

Fuuuuuuuck
Yooooooooou

Oh man, those crazy eyes...

Fucking hell, look at his arm!

Yeah, so he basically is a Namor villain now.

He looks like a bodybuilder on competition day

It IS 90's Marvel.

I was out of town, and catching up on the last few threads. Will get to this one eventually.

Some thoughts on stuff I've been catching up on-
If Thor's Donald Blake identity were public, he could have challenged the prosecution on Namor's trial about his psychiatric training. Thor is a cardio-thoracic surgeon, and did at least a residency rotation in psychiatry.

Super Skrull is a great villain, but him laughing at people for believing someone can come back from the dead is dumb, considering Byrne himself atomized Kl'rt at the hands of Sasquatch in Alpha Flight, and Namor found Jean Grey's cacoon in the New York harbour (although I don't know if Jean ever reconnected with Misty after she stopped being dead)

OH and "9 wives" and not one of them is Marrina? Cruel move, cover.

I don't think his identity as a doctor WAS public.

Okay, where the hell ARE you, Khan? There's no background!

>years
This is nearly 25 years ago now real time

It wasn't. SHIELD knew, but that's because Fury's a paranoid dickbag robot army.

Still, Thor is more of a doctor than that lawyer will probably ever be.
Thor, the World's Mightiest Doctor is not a story hook that gets played with enough

Marvel-time, remember?

Fury basically knows everything, and if he doesn't know it, it isn't really worth knowing.

Hell, even modern Thor could've used that hook but they aren't bothering.

I don't believe any body should say years in comics unless something happened at least 20+ years prior

Nobody wants to do anything with Thor except dude norse bullshit lmao for better or worse so that's why that hook isn't ever used.

Donald Blake as Thor is fucky too because logic dictates that if Thor is Donald Blake is Thor then Thor should have the knowledge of Donald Blake without needing to power down

I like how John Byrne's art has aged pretty well in comparison with the Jae Lee guy.

This is one of his earliest works. He's more well known for working on The Sentry.

>Thor should have the knowledge of Donald Blake without needing to power down

He does, though. On the occasions where people actually remember that, Thor's explained in medical jargon to an emergency room what somebody needed, has performed medical operations (that one was right before Onslaught) And the whole time Thor was Jake Olsen, Jake Olsen was an EMT with the medical knowledge of a doctor.

No Thor casually talking about medicine no buy

Thor needs to do that on the regular, at least once a year