/advanced/

This is a thread for those of us who have been watching cinema seriously for over 5 years and have seen over 1000 films. Don't be offended; some of us have simply moved past imdb-core, capeshit, and the same old indie flicks. Do not derail the thread with trolling or off-topic discussion.

Without further adieu, I wish a warm welcome to my fellow cinephiles. Here are some discussion points to get our thread started:

>What have you been watching recently?

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

I watched Looper today and I must say, I was blown away. A revolutionary sci-fi and a well-deserved award winner.

>samefagging your own thread with a reddit meme

That's advanced autism alright

What does Eric Draven have to do with any of this?

Just saw Idiocracy, I must say it's disturbing.
I genuinely thought it was a documentary but it was actually a work of fiction from 10 years ago.

I watched Fight Club today. What an amazing film, a manifesto against the corporate world. Seriously thinking about creating a fight club now.

>5 years
>1000 films being a lot
>"Advanced films"

I hope this thread is bad satire. If not, then I hope the rest of high school goes fine for you OP.

Le KG face.

Newfaaaaaag

Reminder that if you haven't seen the films of the American avantgarde yet you don't belong in this thread.
Plus you get to rack up that score pretty quickly.

ado

Network - The way our heroine was totally unafraid of being raped in the black panther dungeon and was always one step ahead of the stupid brutish coworkers who underappreciated her talents. Don't they know a woman with a career has no heart. Also, fox news is evil and deserves to be killed because their critique is rarely positive.

>corporate world

i know ur baiting or memeing but if you're a young man between 120-135 iq who isn't an autistic neet but isn't a chad thundercock that movie can really hit you man. it did for me when i was about 18. rewatched it now 10 years later and that movie really hits the nail on the head on some shit that is going wrong with our culture with regards to masculinity.

>What have you been watching recently?
I've been working my way through Johnnie To's movies as of late.
>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?
There's always good stuff coming out. You have to search it out tho.

Don't go and see Baby Driver.

I finished Satantango a while ago and need another long kino to watch, how is Out1?

what are you guys grabbing from the current MOM?

Just got done downloading the oeuvre by Franco Brocani.

>Out 1
One of the best films ever made. I was lucky enough to see it in its entirety in a theatre a few years ago.

damn...

dont watch it if you haven't seen l'amour fou, paris nous appartient and also the key works of the FNW

I'm heading to France next week so I'll just watch a bunch of French movies in my hotel room, thanks for the recommendations.

hilarious shit, thanks guys

>1/10 The House (Cohen, 2017)
>4/10 The Expendables 3 (Hughes, 2014)
>6/10 Much Ado About Nothing (Whedon, 2012)
>7/10 Melancholia (von Trier, 2011)
>6/10 Monsters (Edwards, 2010)

>have seen over 1000 films
>not 8000 films alredy

This is too pleb for me, I'm out, get out of my way plebians.

I'm gonna watch Who's That Knocking At My Door tonight

I think that we need more directors who didn't come from a television background and instead did music videos.