The Last Jedi

Are you ready for where they're going to take the series with pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHSstYl9Yfs
youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
youtube.com/watch?v=zdh_ISiBC-I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpsJxu8ILvY
youtube.com/watch?v=fXYbjhHEUzM
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are going to take it about your mum crotch?

kyle katarn's gonna be in it?

I don't give a shit about this lazy cash-in.

The Force Sloth will be kino

But that's exactly it user.
Think about it, they're not just going to end it all with Episode IX, are they?

They want to build a universe.
A product on par with Marvel.

Can I get a quick rundown on the supposed leaks?

Are normies still hyped about SW? Nobody seems to care about this one. Even less people are hyped about Solo movie. R1 was still pretty hypeworthy

Shii-yeaah boy! Gonna be /LITTY/!

He was in Rogue One.
He changed his name to Jynn Erso.

>tfw no Old Republic kino

youtube.com/watch?v=KHSstYl9Yfs

I never really cared about Star Wars all that much, saw the prequels as they came out and the OT but I didn't think much of them. The Force Awakens killed pretty much any interest I had with how lazy it was but I think the most damaging part of the franchise are how obsessive the OT worshipers are who treat it like a bible.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

I think Force Awakens just needed to be a simple, fun movie.
From a marketing perspective, it just needed to reel in the people who had lost faith in the series.

But at the same time, it offered nothing really different in playing it safe.
Even the political scenes with Leia and the New Republic were cut probably because of their likeness to the Prequels.

So now it's all on Last Jedi.

Nothing made me excited about TFA, not even Kylo and he was supposed to be the breakout character but the problem with the sequel trilogy it is made for the modern consumerist movie goer who'll forget about it five minutes after seeing it while they brag on social media how they are such a nerd for seeing a Star Wars flick. There's no heart at all and everything seems phoned in, cold and sterile.

It won't cross the 1.5 billion mark
Screencap this post

more than 1.5 billion people is going to see it.
your argument is shit.

Name one scene in TFA that was as memorable as this:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU

They'll live stream reactions in the cinema to the internet to get people hyped for the big moment.

>wanting Disney Kotor
no thanks.

Come on, it's Duel of Fates that makes the scene.

Cool forecast, bro

It's getting spoilered worse than Han Solo's death

Disney was in full hype mode for TFA this early because it was the return to Star Wars for the first time in a decade. Now that it's an annual thing, they don't need to start the hype 6 months early. Sept/Oct is likely when it'll get going.

As for the Solo movie, they should probably just cancel that.

Pretty much this. People seem to forget that one of the biggest complaints of the prequels was that it felt nothing like the OT. TFA was supposed to be a return to form.

> But at the same time, it offered nothing really different in playing it safe.

This and lazy writing are my only gripes with the film, but other than that it was still an enjoyable movie going experience. Looking forward to learning more about the force from Luke

The duel in forest is more memorable for me at least because I actually cared about what was happening to the characters. Duel of fates comes off as an extended boss battle from a video game and is only memorable because of John Williams

>because I actually cared about what was happening to the characters.
>The Force Awakens
>Characters
>Caring for them

MEGA KEK

And then they reused Duel of the Fates for Anakin's speeder bike ride in Ep. II for some reason.

>where they're going to take the series
To another mediocre trilogy?

Mark Hammils comments pretty much btfo this movie

I'm totally fine with the idea of more SW movies, and I generally hate the idea of prequels, but I would have loved for them to start a 3-6-9 movie series in the KOTOR setting. You've got a much more balanced setting, lots and lots of Jedi/Sith lore to show and dig through, and if you want you can steal some of the games great story elements.

I still can't believe they took this opportunity to make 3 more movies and just copied what already existed.

>What if we make another death star
>No that's stupid!
>I got it, it's now a death PLANET
>Brilliant!

You mean those edited Jar Jar Abrams videos on YouTube?

But does Hammil know what the movies are eventually going for?

Well yeah, you can't keep having the Jedi, and the Empire and the this and that over and over.

But they'll retread those elements under different names via what they set up from the next two films in the future.

>But does Hammil know what the movies are eventually going for?
yes, money

Even that is a very optimistic forecast. R1 barely did a billion. A 50% drop from TFA. Disney built and killed all hype at just one go.

Disney has films planned till 2030 user. Of course they're going to milk the shot out of Star Wars. at least until interest fades.

Even the normies I know are bored of Star Wars. These are people who unironically enjoyed every single Marvel/DC movie, and shit like Gods of Egypt, The Last Airbender, Ghost in the Shell, Transformers etc.

Millenials were a mistake.

>The duel in forest is more memorable for me
Stopped reading there.

No, that was Kyle's gf, Jan Orso.

Fucking trannies.

>it just needed to reel in the people who had lost faith in the series.

But that's the ridiculous thing. Are people really this stupid that they just accept trash like TFA blindly?

There was a duel in a forest? I can't remember anything from TFA, it was so utterly nothing.

For real though, rogue one did steal a lot of kyle's shit, and not just the basic concept.

>First jedi temple
>Ancient jedi archives/holocrons and origin story
>mfw the old republic sneaking into canon

Yes because it was funny and adventurous.

I might be able to come out of the theatre later and dissect the movie and it's characters, but that's not to say I wasn't swept up in the whole thing in the theatre regardless.

Most people aren't going to go to a film forum later and painfully dissect character motivations and plot lines.
They're going to laugh at BB-8, like the X-Wings and enjoy the cliffhanger ending.

I've had friends say they thought Rogue One was the perfect science fiction film.

>now it's all on Last Jedi

please user, 5 bad star wars movies since ROTJ

Damn I love that game.

Only problem is although I'm hugely into star wars, I've never read many of the comics. All the fans go around with theories about kreia being brianna's mom, that kind of shit. I don't go too far into it, but I feel I should. IT feels like I'm never getting maximum capacity from this game. I never really learned much about Atton due to the fact that I fucking hate pazaak and never play it. Only ever been able to properly turn a character into a jedi once.

Love the video. Great use of an amazing soundtrack. I always thought Visas would have made an amazing Maul type character, as the strong yet vulnerable sith apprentice. I thought seh was never dark sidey enough, and turning her was like it didn't even happen.

>rolls up on ship
>tries to kill you
>gets knocked the fuck out
>is your friend

I suppose she never really was an apprentice as much as she was a slave.

>not caring about the father figure of the movie who gets brutally murdered
Liam Neeson was comfy af in TPM

>Yes because it was funny and adventurous.

Oh fuck you, it was anything BUT that.

The series has already told its story. In fact, it had a hard time padding out the third movie of the OT because it was running out of story even then. There is no reason to keep making movies set in the Star Wars universe aside from milking fans for cash.

Anyone who really cares about the series should wish for it to die a quick and irreversible death so it doesn't end up becoming a complete joke in the eyes of most people, which is what will happen after Disney makes 35 sequels and spinoffs.

>tfw Neeson is getting old
noooooooooo ;_;

>tfw this scene comes up in the movie
>Luke is about to tell Rey stuff she has never known before about the Jedi and Sith
>Kylo Ren appears out of nowhere
>Murders Luke and burns down the tree
>Movie returns to being an action movie with no backstory

>Episode 9 is directed by the guy who made Jurassic World
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpsJxu8ILvY

they paid 4 billion for the rights, they'd be insane not to milk as much they could

>mfw last year finding this out

Alternately...
youtube.com/watch?v=fXYbjhHEUzM

Jesus christ, go the fuck back to your containment board.

Sure, when I was nine I thought his death was sad. But It's hard to care about a character who is as interesting as a piece of cardboard.

It's entirely subjective whether or not a scene is memorable, I liked the forest duel because there is actual emotion behind the fight and the characters are actually interesting, except for maybe Rey
> Kylo is clearly conflicted from killing han
> Finn stops being a coward and stands up for himself, even if it means death
> Rey accepts the gift she has and kicks Kylo's shit in after being on the defense for most of the fight
I also liked it visually and was glad it didn't take place in a ps2 video game

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

It made me lose faith in the series though.
I like E1 and E3, really hated E2.

>December 2017

And that's the last time that child will ever see female genitalia...