Was the 80s really this comfy?

Was the 80s really this comfy?

Comfier. Stranger Things is a glib facsimile of the 80s designed for Generation Z.

>ywn live through childhood and high school without social media

"WERE" YOU JABRONI
WERE THE 80S REALLY THIS COMFY

myspace came out when i was in high school. yes, i am that old.

More for Millenials

I did that and for that I'm atleast thankful. But it seems like the early 2000s wasn't as comfy as the suburban 80s.

The first half of This Is England was so nostalgic and comfy. Running around abandoned buildings with your mates during the summer holidays. So good.

>Stranger Things in current day
>Why does no one has a cell phone?
>Why don't they kids look up dimensions on the internet
>Why didn't the Sheriff look up the victim on the internet
>Why did no one tweet photos of the monster
>Why didn't they give Eleven a GPS tracker
>Why didn't they use satellite surveillance to find the kids instantly

Livejournal came out when I was in high school

>the 80s are the decade of The Cure, Duran Duran, Talking Heads, good Michael Jackson, weak Depeche Mode, New Order, Alphaville, even A-Ha
>SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW!?

>BREAKING INTO GOVERNMENT FACILITY PRANK GONE WRONG

The only people who liked the 80s are people born in the 90s and after. Every person I talked to who grew up in the 80s said it was shit. Shit music, shit fashion, shit films, shit games, shit books, shit politics, shit everything.

Reminder that, like in most cases, THE GOVERNMNT DID NOTHING WRONG!

i was born in the late 80s and i think 80s music is pretty great. it's not as good as early 90s music but it's up there.

But that's just one platform and was everyone expected to have and keep with an account?
Kek. What is that?

>shit films

>shit music
>shit films
>shit games

What's it like to have garbage taste?

>shit politics
>Reagan
>Thatcher
>End of Cold War
Man, unless you are French (and even Mktterrand got cucked) or Iranian the 80s were a great political time

This.

Must be hell knowing that all of your childhood mistakes will be recorded forever for everyone to see. The 90s were a pretty great time to grow up.

>destruction of infrastructure and industry
>great political time

But hey they looked tough while doing it!

>glib facsimile

I'm 36. We had no social media, just AOL IM

Double this.

What's the comfiest kino of all time? ...Goonies. When was it made? ...80s. Did I fuck your whore mom during a screening of Better Off Dead and I'm your dad? ...Yes and kill yourself.

We'd Bebo when I was an edgy Atheist Sup Forumstard from 14-17
Thankfully that site got nuked so there my embarrassing teenhood is forever wiped

>having Myspace during your teenhood is considered old
You're only 23-26 aren't you?

>lol thatcher was good I'm an edgy 14 year old!
Name one (uno) good synth pop album other than Non-stop Erotic Cabaret

>glib facsimile

nigger I was in 3rd year university when mysspace came out

>Tatcher
Elitist scum

try (a few months shy of) thirty.

>edgy 14 year olds liking Thatcher

Mate, edgy teens hate Thatcher, most of them don't even know who she was anyway.

Shit. Most people on Myspace were born in 1989-1995 if I remember those days like 10 years ago

Thatcher is one of the most widely despised politicians of the last 50 years, edgy teens on Sup Forums like her

>Thatcher is one of the most widely despised politicians of the last 50 years
And yet she won thrice...

>Brits being retarded and acting against their own interests
What else is new?

Motorsport peaked in the 80s. I will never live through the decade where they reached the pinnacle of speed and mechanical grip. Where the manufacturers and governing bodies only care about going fast and winning, everything else be damned.

Now its all safety, reliability and artificial carpark runoff cuckdom.

this is unreadable.

must stop gif--nnnnnnnyawnnnnn nnnnnnnyawnnnnn nnnnnnnyawnnnnn nnnnnnnyawnnnnn nnnnnnnyawnnnnn

Not as comfy as current times

I lived in Silicon Valley in the 80s. You couldn't be more wrong. GOAT toys, GOAT cartoons, everyone had a swimming pool, almost no minorities.

It was a great time to be alive as a kid.

yes

>shit fashion

l m a o

im so glad that twin peaks didnt do that pastiche-nostalgia type shit

This looks pretty shitty... and I grew up in the 80s.

I can't speak for the 80s, since I was too young to really remember it, (86) but I can speak of the 90s.

The main difference really was less technology, no computers really, people had consoles, but games were fucking expensive as fuck. People played outdoors way more and information was based largely more on playground rumour since nobody had internet to instantly look anything up.

Suburbia def made more sense before the digital age, before computers, mass video games and shit, the streets would be filled with kids, especially on weekends, Night they would be playing shit like spotlight, day they would be outside playing whatever. These days, I walk around this exact same suburbia for hours, and come across not a single other human outdoors walking beyond people driving past in cars. No kids, no walkers, no nothing.

Suburbia really is a fucking ghost town in the digital age.

In terms of ease of access to content and cost, everything is better these days. But I guess it's like comparing Vanilla WoW to modern WoW, one is tedious as fuck to do anything, but those limitations had flow on effects (say instead of just downloading anything, you went to a video store, where you met other people and stuff) where everything is much more easier to get these days, but everywhere is just so much more .... sterile and disconnected.

Personally I wouldn't want to go back to the 90s way of doing things (I can not overstate how expensive shit was) but in this neoliberal era, things have not gone so good in terms of a sense of community or belonging which used to exist.

>But I guess it's like comparing Vanilla WoW to modern WoW
I wish you had put that in the beginning of your post so I could have stopped reading sooner.

What is with this website and racists? I thought this board would be the last the have them lurking around

>Kids played outside back in my days
Every generation says this and always blame technology that wasn't prevalent when they were a child. If you were an adult in the 90's, kids just watched tv and played their Playstations
In the 60's kid just listened to their damn walkmen rock and or roll tapes

The reason kids don't play outside at night time now is because parents are note worried about their kids being raped and stolen by strangers, not technology

Comfy is only relative to you and when you were a child. Someone in their 30s during the 80s certainly wouldn't think it was comfy then, but probably thinks the 50s/60s were comfy - or, as the ones that generation call it, "real" America.

My mother was 30 in the 80s and loved Stranger Things.

>In the 60's kid just listened to their damn walkmen
You really know nothing about the 60's do you?

I really wish I would have gotten to play D&D as a pre-teenager in the 80's instead of playing everquest in the 00's

>myspace came out when i was in high school. yes, i am that old.
motherucker geocities and angelfire came out when I was in highschool

My 80's car has bench seats that are pretty much the comfiest car seats you'll ever sit in so I say yes.

maybe.

I don't think people were ever supposed to have so much information at their disposal. Not to mention the perpetual snitch (cellphone cameras) now keeps everyone in a constant state of paranoia.

If this is a facsimile, then Star Wars is literal plagiarism. If only Lucas hadn't sold is soul to Disney, he could probably sue those cunts.

>60s
>walkmen

Cute Finn

not at all

The real 80s? Probably.

But that's faux 80s.

To be fair, movies of the say 'kino' variety were terribly rare. Its like 99% of film was capeshit if that makes any sense. Which is FINE if you are a kid in the 80s, I adored movies then like everyone.

THIS

Its better to have single intense experiences than long drawn out campaigns. I was one of the first ever cases of digital addiction and Everquest ruined my life, luckily i managed a 3.0GPA in college so I could do grad school but I never had time for internships so I never really made much money in life. Probably as bad as a real drug addiction but less satisfying.

You've obviously need to lurk more and post less.

>mfw ST is literally my childhood

more comfy than I can even explain user

>tfw the internet ruined your life before it even started

u a fag?

In the UK, well atleast northern england, there was a shit tonne of crime in the 80's, thefts inpaticular.

If it wasn't bolted down it was stolen, and even then there was a good chance somebody would steal it

He looks a bit like Edward Scissorhabds

>scissorhabds
Fuck.

>You have obviously need to lurk more and post less

Anonymity attracts mouth-breathers.

>never lived around niggers before

ok take a bunch of people remove their daddies then give them music that tells them to sell herion and shoot cops

What has that got to do with your ethnicity? Do you realise what you just described is a social issue? Jesus wept

Right, race has *nothing* to do with it.

;)

i completely agree it IS a social issue, and it sucks that no one does much about it, but it doesn't change the fact that the ghettos are full of black people and the cycle has been going on for decades

The 80s was probably as shit as every other decade if you were loving in it.
Some of the movies produced in it however had a special kind of magic.

Blacks are dumb and violent because of their genetics.

You don't have to perpetuate left wing lies here. Nobody will downvote you.

this was mine also no internet we where outside all summer no fucking white male shit.

You're describing an almost unique American-centric issue which is mired more in social issues than race. I get the feeling that for many black communities, they're stuck in a never ending cycle of poverty, poor education, leading to shit jobs and prospects leading to crime etc. Plus institutionalised racism from the police and judicial system (why do blacks receive longer custodial sentences than whites, when all else is equal?). All of this creates a schism for which I can see no immediate solution.

And the greater issue with conflating all of this with race, is that it makes you racist towards other ethnic communities, both within the States and globally.

Still. Muh guns, right.

haven't heard that one before boss

One word: Jamaica.
They've had their independence for 200 years, they're still poor and malnourished and criminals.
The biggest lie liberals and progressists managed to slip through was that blacks are the same as us.
They're not, it takes 3 generations to breed the ghetto out of them and even then you get pathological liars like Obama.

So blacks must be flourishing in other parts of the world then. In places without all the massive disadvantages they have in America. What's that? They're all violent shitholes? Stop the presses.

>is that it makes you racist towards other ethnic communities
Watch any unbiased African documentary and tell me I'm wrong to be wary of "people" that practice cannibalism and sexual slavery on a country-wide basis.

yes minus suburban blacks

it was in many ways the last truly innocent era. Things were still very clear cut, be it politics or regular, everyday life.

>bunch of nigs get shit on over and over again
>they get pissed off and hate whitey
yeah i'm glad guns are legal so they aren't raping and pillaging

Don't americlaps practice homosexuality and child molestation on a country wide basis?

guns germs and steel

The problem with the nigger is that he has no interest whatsoever to the intrinsic value of things and simply ignores the meaning of empathy.
Anything he comes in contact with is only good or interesting if it can increase his social status or make him rich.
Niggers through the ages have been in contact with higher civilizations like Babylon, Egypt, Greece and Rome for a long long time, and yet they've always been impervious to Civilization, like oil never mixes with water but simply pushes it away.

In history they have had many, many chances to develop into something greater, yet they always decided their mudhuts and slave tradery were enough, never discovered agriculture nor how to lead cattle, and we basically forced civilization on them in a pretty short period.
How can you blame them for being this wild?
Imagine taking a baboon, destroying its habitat and tell it it now has a 9/5 job.
That's what whites did to niggers.

Except there it's a tradiction, here it's a persecuted crime.
Try again niggerlover.

might have to cross post this over to r/theDonald see what value this has

very high effort shitpost, definitely copypasta worthy

Ah yes, the everloved scapegoat of MUH MALARIA, despite south america having even more mosquitos and bugs and yet being able to develop stuff like Machu Picchu and Tenochtitlán, a city to rival European engineering.

Nice argument there fellow nu-male!
Try to say I'm wrong, I'm waiting for just a SINGLE example of a country with a black majority and black government that isn't hell on earth.
They even managed to destroy Chicago and Detroit, two major cities of the wealthiest country on earth.

>muh broad brush mental gymnastics

you can do better than that

so you don't understand that humans need water to live and multiply?

you can support a larger population when you live next to fresh water

you're so fucking stupid

>Tenochtitlán, a city to rival European engineering
Them's fighting words, americuck.

they never had a chance
some people are out there building hospitals and teaching them to be doctors though, so it's not about a lack of intelligence

The 80's were awesome and the 90's were pretty good too. You have no freaking idea how comfy they really were. The cost of living was WAY down from what it is today and the wages were only slightly lower. You just do not know.