Spider-Man Homeflopping

>projected to open below $100m
So we're at the point where the two most famous Marvel film icons can barely scratch the 100m opening anymore. What the fuck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/56wR85x67Vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's projected to open between $175M-$200M.

>Spider-man's 6th movie
>Iron Man's 7th movie

Is pretty much filler.

Hopefully capeshit will finally fucking die.

You'll die first so quit crying, botch boy.

Sure, what source mate?
I can only find from May and all saying only 135M$

Haha nope. We're talking domestic here.

How long were western films made? Besides, comics are American myths.

gtfo capeshit scum

> According to Deadline, the Marvel Studios-Sony Pictures collaboration is tracking to open in North America between $90 million-$108 million. (Deadline is citing industry tracking and not Sony's own internal numbers.) The film is reportedly tracking most strongly among young males as well as families.
>These estimated figures can, as Deadline reminds us, change closer to a film's release. But if that figure holds then Homecoming would have the third-highest domestic opening for a Spider-Man film, behind both 2007's Spider-Man 3 ($151.1 million) and 2002's Spider-Man ($114.8 million).

KEK the same as ASM2 adjusted for inflation

Lol no chance
Pre sales are lower than Wonder Woman which opened at $100m

Deadline is always off by a lot. They said 65M for Wonder Woman, Spider-man will do 165M.

Sony killed Spiderman for good with the AMSM movies, hopefully this will pass that curse onto marvel as a whole who can then sink the entire industry as well

Because the movie looks cheap as fuck

If this makes less than 900 million on first weekend (domestically) it will be considered a flop by Disney

>165m
lmao, every other tracker has it doing 120-30m at BEST, stop pulling numbers out of your ass

Also, it's def. gonna do 400m domestic/900m ww, hardly call that a flop

IMO: if it does less than 1b world wide it'll be a flop in terms of expectations but not in real dollars (i.e. it'll underperform but still make money)

It will be a miracle if this movie hits 200m. Do you people realize we had 6 Spiderman movies in 15 years? People is fucking tired of Spiderman

>400m domestic/900m ww
I think 300m domestic/900m ww more likely

When is Justice League coming out?

1b at origin movie?

People love Spider-man and RDJ. I hope you guys are just pretending to be retarded.

>icons

we can literally see a spiderman movie each couple of years for a decade that will hit 200m by kid public alone

I guess that's fair but remember

>rdj as iron man
>marvel property
>hype machine because 'marvel can fix sony's mistakes'
>bitches love spidey

>MCU
>flopping
LMAO

Gonna watch this tomorrow afternoon. Can hardly wait.

>>>/reddit/

>What went wrong?
What went right you mean.

Spiderman 2 is the GOAT superhero flick besides perhaps the first superman.
Adults don't want to take their kids to see some fucking ripoff.

>Adults don't want to take their kids to see some fucking ripoff.

says who?

Plenty of marvel origin stories have done mediocre BO runs. Thor and Cap 1 comes to mind. It's really only RDJ and GoTG that are the true money makers.

RDJ is in this one though?

After GOTG2, I don't give a fuck what happens in these future Marvel properties. I can't think of a franchise that's more made by committee and focus grouped to death other than Star Wars.

Which surprise surprise, TFA suffered the same fate. Fuck Disney.

I really wish that Marvel would just say that the tv shows take place in a different universe. They already accidentally retcon AoS.

Yeah hence OP. An RDJ Marvel doing poorly is major bad news for Disney. They aren't even at the climax of the universe yet story wise.

>Thor and Cap 1

Those movies were both made in 2011. The Capeshit trend had barely caught on then

they're pretty much there desu my dude, it's the downhill run from here on out more or less

unfortunately joss whedon cut the legs out from under them half way through by sabotaging the avengers projects like he did

spiderman is arguably marvels best known hero. and even more so has had the longest screen exposure in mainstream and is considered one of 2 films who kicked off the idea that comic movies dont have to be made for tv trash (excluding blade as almost no one outside of marvel fans even knew it was a fucking comic).

This movie /SHOULD/ make almost $1b. Im not saying a single thing about the quality of the movie or anything else. Im saying on just IP power alone (Marvel cinematic universe, disney, Spiderman IP, Spiderman IP coming home to marvel, etc) it should easily be their top performer.

The fact that people are placing it so god damn low should have money people worried.

Hulk

>What the fuck went wrong?

*smacks lips*

AYO FUCK WHITE AMERICA N YO WITE ACTRESIS YO

>Sup Forums whole agenda now is discussing whether or not some corporate schlock makes money instead of actually talking about good films
sad!

>he doesn't think the technical aspects of the film industry are worth discussing

no wonder Sup Forums can't actually make movies irl

I think it's the Effeminate Peter Parker. Nobody wants to see nu-maleman.

>Flopped in one of its biggest Asian markets

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>People is fucking tired of Spiderman

Thanks for your concern but, no, we are not.

>about the same tracking than wonder woman
JUST

Leave it to Sup Forums to not being able to differentiate between monetary and technical aspects.

As expected from a manchild whose exposure to fictions are Saturday cartoons

OI MAIT
OIM AN MURICAN LOOK AT MOI ACCENT
OI GES DAWNALD TRROOMP'S FALT FOOO DIS MOVIE TO FLOOP
DA BRITISH AA TAKIN OVER U MURICAN ROLES
IF U DONT LAEK DAT I CALL SHARIA POLICE ON U RACIST HOMOPHOBIC ISLAMOPHOBIC CUNT

Why does the CG look so bad in this? It literally looks like the PS4 game. Why couldn't they get the effects team that does Transformers or something if Disney is pretty much swimming in money?

why spend more money when you can make the same amount of profit by spending less

Sony thought the movie would just be a massive cash in regardless so they cut back on CGI spending

Civil War proved nobody gives a shit about production values anymore. They're like very expensive TV show episodes now.

I love how delusional some people are here..."rip-off"?normies dont care top kek

>what the fuck went wrong?
Liberalism. The U.S. is barely 50% white right now, yet colored people still screech MUH SUFFRAGE.

youtu.be/56wR85x67Vo
Boy I'm sure excited to see this version of Peter Parker

>people post claim without source
why

See

>The Capeshit trend had barely caught on then
Didn't know TDK and Iron Man were released in 2012.

Because this is a Sony movie with the Marvel Studios logo painted on

Because villain is not promising. I see that spidey will fight some old guy with wings. So his ability is that he can fly(EVERYONE in marvel universe can fly) and he has some marvel gun(oh, gosh, we all know he will never harm spiderman or even hit him with that gun)

Why the fuck i would go to see it? They could atleast try to do something with Mysterio, something experimental, mysterious, borderline experimental and exciting. Establish the villain that could stand for something alone and cross into other Marvel movies. But no, we have some stupid guy with wings.

No it fucking isn't

Unless you mean worldwide and that is also awful

Korea is not a big Asian Market. Most Hollywood movies make jack shit for money over there too.

You ready to this movie do below 800 world-wide?

sony really fucked up the marketing on this

Keaton looks like the best part of the movie tbqhwy

Why do people always make this comparison? There were many gifted directors who worked in the Western genre and produced enduring masterpieces. That hasn't happened once with superhero trash.

maybe don't reboot the same fucking franchise 3 times in a decade. especially when the first one was the best.

This is a falseflag thread so when it obviously makes an insane amount of money some retard will say that Sup Forums is always wrong, when until yesterday everybody agreed that Homecoming would smash records.

why? because of his acting? I heard he plays Han Solo in the end so who cares. Still, i'm tired of this villain in the "robo-sut that gives him powers and the ability to fly" trope.

The marketing is fucking everywhere. They fucked up associating themselves with MCU cancer instead of doing a less cartoony Spidey.

>So we're at the point where the two most famous Marvel film icons can barely scratch the 100m opening anymore
Spider-Man hasn't scratched the 100m opening in ten years.

>implying Sipder-Man Homecoming isn't perfect
I bet you haven't even written your Snyder hate letter for the day.

>Implying Sup Forums is ever right
>muh false flag

It will still make more than Wonder Woman, so tv should be very proud of those numbers. Because they just looooooove Wonder Woman...

Good job Marvel, you will maybe beat a tertiary DC character using your two biggest characters in the MCU.

Sony marketing vs disney marketing

>iron man and spiderman will make more than gal fucking gadot
No shit, if it makes less it's going to be ESPN 2, The Mouse Strikes Back

Spidey and Iron Man should mop the floor with Wonder Woman.

I don't support brownwashing of canonically white characters, forced B/W romantic pairings, and films with anti-white agendas. That's why I won't go see it.

BvS. Checkmate.

You can't have it both ways. You say that after 20 posts about Spider-Man dying after 7 sequels. Wonder-Woman should have had event numbers like Spider-Man 1 and Avengers (to an extent). The only thing that carried it was politics and now DC apologists carry the water.

Are you implying that it won't outgross BvS?

Why? I thought WW was a beloved figure. And this whole thread says everyone is tired of Spider-Man. So which is it? Ooooh, I get it. You want it both ways so you feel smart on the net.

>Wonder-Woman should have had event numbers like Avengers (to an extent
Damn, we went from "it won't even reach 500m" to "it's not a hit until it does more than 1.5 billion".

Alrighty. Meanwhile literally everything by Marvel not Memelords of the Galaxy is stagnating as fuck. Even RDJ realizes this and wants out before people hate him and he ruins his legacy.

Eatingpopcorn.jpg

BvS is not a masterpiece. I would say it's probably one of the very best movies in the superhero genre though. The only movies of any note to come out of superhero trash are Spidey 2, Dark Knight, and BvS. And none of them even comes close to being as good as any of the great Westerns.

>two most famous Marvel....
>....film icons

You almost got me, because Spidey/Wolverine is the most famous Marvel characters and Spiderman/X-Men the most famous comic books.

NOT MY SPIDEY

>165cm
What does RDJ's height has to do with this ?

Spider-man doesn't really have many cool villains though.
Symbiontes and Green Goblin are basically the only ones that are more than "imma roba bank/i hate you spider-man",

>Spidey 2, Dark Knight, and BvS
Patrician taste. I would also add Lee's Hulk.

You know, back then you could tell it was specific directors making these films and not just bland mass-produced garbage a la MCU.

doc ock

I didn't say that. I said Spidey will make more than WW. How could anyone think like me with these terrible tracking numbers? Do tell.

At least TV shows have some shame about their production budgets and do everything possible to hide the flaws(shooting at night, lots of cuts to avoid directly showing things, strategic tree placement, strategic attractive Canadian female extra placement and Dutch angles) to make it look like it's done up right and expensive. The films just don't give a fuck.

>I thought WW was a beloved figure
Literally where?
Spider-man is the most known superhero in the whole world and RDJ is mr. $1 billion. This movie is a guaranteed success, anything else is falseflagging.

Fill a country with Hispanics that only care about soccer and telenovelas

Why isnt any one going to the theater anymore?

First, learn what literally means. Second, where? I don't know, fucking everywhere? Start with Twitter where she is a feminist icon sent by the gods to save us from Trump. Idiot.