Dark Universe

What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AeLRoOrR464
youtube.com/watch?v=j9-i-s-wI5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They weren't. They are just chasing after that franchise money is all. Everything is box sets and merchandise, sequels and prequels, side stories and tv spin offs. Welcome to capitalism.

>read up on Mummy ending
>Tom becomes immortal and resurrects his butbuddy and Sofia gets trapped in mercury

BROS BEFORE HOES

Nice of them to include Sofia so it's not a sausage fest even if she's back to being trapped in the end.

They were just as stupid as DC. They tried to establish a cinematic universe first and make a good movie second.

>No Tom, YOU ARE THE MUMMY!
>and then he was franchise

>these characters are recognizable, they'll print money

and then that's all the thought they put into

Outside of Disney movies does Depp even sell anymore?

That Cruise Mummy movie was one of the worst-written blockbusters I've seen in years. It was Amazing Spider-Man 2 all over again, 2 hours of setting up future plot developments in lieu of an actual story.

"We have this property that we already have exclusive rights to that is collecting dust. Let's try to modernize it to go after those sweet shared universe dollars rather than go through the headache of trying to acquire a more modern property to build a shared universe with.

He should have gotten with the mummy

Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster.

That might save it

Yeah just like he saved skyfall

There's nothing wrong with Skyfall.

What ever studio is thinking

>Holy shit have you seen how much money those Marvel movies make simply by being in a cinematic universe!
>WE SHOULD DO THAT
Of course all these studios forget that making a cinematic universe is actually really hard to do.

Does anyone know Cruise saved the Mummy movie by re-writing the ending and getting his character possessed? Also Cruise is the reason Mr Hyde was in the movie.

APOLOGIZE TO THE CRUISE!

With Cruise's luck of being able to get things sorted out, we may see him in a sequel and with hope, Sofia Mummy can be resurrected

>There's nothing wrong with Skyfall.
It's a good movie. The 3rd act tho was too Home Alone-ish but it was still decent.

I actually thought the villain literally did nothing wrong so that was pretty good how they wrote him

>Does anyone know Cruise saved the Mummy movie by re-writing the ending and getting his character possessed?

how was it supposed to end otherwise?

SPECTRE is the bad one.

"IT WAS ME, JAMES!" oh fuck off.

>2 hours of setting up future plot developments in lieu of an actual story.
So BvS?

He was the best part if that counts.

>Shhh, no tears, only dreams now

true love

>how was it supposed to end otherwise?
idk. All I know is that Cruise got writers to re-write the movie and fix it up cos he wasn't happy with how things were being done.

There was also meant to be a kissing scene between him and the blonde woman but he cut that part out too. Makes sense considering they hardly have much chemistry in the movie so seeing them get all romantic wouldn't have made sense.

I take it Nick save her not due to loving or being romantic; but by wanting to make up for his past

>Tom cut out a kissing scene

That's bold considering all the gay rumors thrown at him, but it makes sense in context like you said.

I really wish he'd do a full director project, listening to him in interviews he talks a lot about his interest about behind the camera stuff as well as his experiences with other veteran actors.

Is that really a scene in the movie?

He looks like such a nice guy

>tfw he got a channel to play footage of Sofia as he spent time talking about how good she is at dancing while promoting the Mummy

yes

most of the early scripts had cruise and sophia getting together at the end

Well she's really good at dancing

>when she was grinding on his dick

What did he say to her?

Never heard that so I don't know if it's official but anyway: RESURRECT SOFIA AND MAKE THEM A COUPLE IN A SEQUEL PLEASE!

>tfw Annabelle Wallis stated in a recent interview how annoyed she was that Cruise cut out the kissing scene and that she never got to kiss him. Mean while Sofia got to sit on top of Cruise and lick his face.

CRUISED

Bunch of 50 yo guys. That's how they want to steal kid audiences from Marvel.

How does he do it...

>He looks like such a nice guy

For all the rumors, and scientology shit and the height jokes, you'll also find people saying Tom is a great guy on and off the set of any movie, he pushes everybody to do their best while also pushing himself, for EoT he paid for like a million dollar party for the cast and someone was like "where's Tom though?" and turns out he was still on set doing some finishing touches.

lol, sounds like Wallis was crushing on him too.

>What were they thinking?
"MOOOOOONEEEEEEYYY"

>When you don't include Wolfman and Dracula because both new movies flopped hard in the box office so you exclude them from the Dark Universe even when they are the most important monsters

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

>you just fucking know
that chin game though, is she trans?

see They're not excluded.

French.

No, Benicio Del Toro's Wolfman and That Homosexual who was Henry VIII on that tv show's Dracula got out of the Dark Universe because they were massive flops.

You don't know nothing, NOTHING

>lol, sounds like Wallis was crushing on him too.
She sounds pretty bummed about it
youtube.com/watch?v=AeLRoOrR464

25:18
youtube.com/watch?v=j9-i-s-wI5A

Are you disrespecting John Rhys Meyers AND The Tudors? You must have some shit tastes

>see marvel making money
>see dc making even more money and winning oscars, all against the critics
>"lel i can do that too"

HYPE

They do have a good PR firm for their Golden Boy.

Man she wanted it bad!

Thing is Tom for a long time now ever since the Matt Lauer fiasco has just put his head down and committed to being just a movie star, he's not a political activist or crying about Trump on social media, he just wants to make movies.

Exactly. Unironically best Bond film of the last 30 years.

Did no one ever bother to tell her he's as gay as rainbows?

>kurtzman
Oh okay that explains everything.

>ditch the masterpiece that "Dracula- Untold" was for the "Mummy"
I love Cruise, but I was still floored by how awful the movie was.

That series can only be saved if he bisects that faggot cripple in the first 5 minutes of the new season.

Can't even draw a dime

I was disappointed when it was clear there will be no more Colin Farrel and we get him instead in the new potter movies.

Man of Steel wasn't focused on establishing a universe first moron

They should have set it during the turn of the century (early 1900s). But I guess they just wanted to separate it from Fraiser's Mummy.

I would have tried to tie it in with the Fraiser Mummy myself, and have the protagonist (not necessarily Cruise) be the descendent of O'Connell. Maybe Alex O'Connell could have been the founder of Prodigium.

It's obvious that user was talking about BvS specifically

the mummy X pirates

It obviously wasn't focused on being a good movie either.

So...
Will Sofia return or what?
Because if the whole thing is a sausage fest now with no qt Sofia mummy I'm out.

So how did they fail when Marvel has succeeded? It's not like your run-of-the-mill capeshit is better than the Mummy...

anything is better than the works of Alex Kurtzman.

Even marvel can't pull it off

Except they actually do.

Marvel might make generic shit but at least they are competently written, casted and directed. You can't say the same thing about this Dark Universe abomination.

fuck off pleb

>this movie is completely artistically barren and presented with no flair or style whatsoever, but at least it's completely safe and doesn't take any risks whatsoever

you killed Hollywood

The Mummy may be a solid 4/10 but you have to have bad movies for there to be good movies

What they should have done was develop low-budget real horror films. Imagine getting Winding Refn for Dracula or, I don't know, Rian Johnson for The Werewolf. Just keep the budget limited, so it's not that big of a gamble, and also so they have to rely less on CGI shitfests.

Marvel are literally the only ones to pull it off.

How to make a cinematic universe
>make movies about characters and their stories
>throw in a few fun easter eggs here and there to reference eachothers existence
>come together for a big Avengers like movie
>go back to doing solo films
How not to do a cinematic universe
>put the characters and their stories in the background while you consistently reference and attempt to quickly set up that this is a cinematic universe

lel

>"Thank you, Sofia. It's time."

I think she's a scientology sleeper agent and he just activated her.

you clearly didn't see BvS

Sofia is so cute

>Conan didn't get flashbacks to his prom night
I was 99% sure he'd make that joke

>Sofia's only upcoming roles are a TV movie, some literally who drama, and Atomic Blonde

;_;

Why are their male leads so old? Bardem is 48, Crowe is 53, Depp is 54, Cruise is 55

>ywn cuddle Sofia

We need a collection of every promised group fancy picture of something that was promised but never delivered. The Fantastic Four/X-Men shared universe was another that comes to mind.

Reminds me of this

how come she is pure sex in everything she does

How come I literally never noticed her until The Mummy.

OHHHHHHHHHHH that touched a nerve

Specially since they have to make ANOTHER edit removing Channing Tatum too.

tom cruises body and clothes is kino