How big is your movie collection?

How big is your movie collection?

Three movies.

Not very

I always wondered if those of you who collect movies often rewatch them. there are very few movies I watched multiple times so I don't bother with blurays much.

the way I see it it's always better to watch a new 6-7/10 than an old 8-9/10.
can't skip that lotr rewatch every other year though.

>sweatpants
>huge gut
>superman shirt
>0/10 cable management
I wouldn't watch late night infomercials with this guy

Yeah, I'm mostly the same, though have a stable of 5-10 movies i'll rewatch every couple years. Without realizing, i guess those are by default my favorites. The reason i, above you, got the Criterions, was just for bonus features and commentary mostly, but filmstruck offers that now for many films which is great.

That's s big collection

Around 1000 DVD and Blu-Ray

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

>he has a physical collection of media

weeew lad bet youre a hit with the ladies

5/5

This,

>Tfw I wear Superman jumpers, hoodies and shirts almost exclusively
>Not because i'm some autistic Marvel-tier Reddit faggot, but because DC branded clothing for some reason is the most comfortable shit imaginable

I don't even know what it is; you can try on two different articles of clothing made from the same material, and the DC one will always feel really comfortable and soft.

My wife buys me expensive $200+ clothes, just T's and jumpers and shit, and I barely wear them because they are legitimately less comfortable than the shitty $10 DC stuff I have.

Yes I rewatch things constantly. There are certain films I love so much i'll watch every year or every other year. I also watch new things all the time, I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.

Not big enough

Wow, look at all the happiness those things have brought him.

>letting women dictate your life

Not that user, they're not, but i get the point, oftentimes when thinking about what to watch, it's easy to pop on a familiar old standby, but good to challenge oneself to watch new stuff instead sometimes

virtually nonexistent. I keep talking all this shit about unplugging but really I just want to collect enough Kino that I never have to watch anything else.

So far I got a couple Nic Cage diamonds, Heavy Metal, the He-man and She-ra christmas special, Master and Commander, a copy of Last of the Mohicans that doesn't even work in this country, and my one based roommate's claymation Christmas collection.

all formats combined around 500

Walmart sometimes holds unique ass clothes that no one buys and then puts them on clearance for 5-10 bucks. I'm not kidding, my solid black walmart t shirt and a pair of walmart khaki pants I bought surprised my friend with how good they looked. These people buy 100 dollar shirts and get mad when they spill shit on them. I don't give a fuck if I roll in the mud. Thank god for china

i have never bought a dvd or bluray for myself.

I'm picky about what movies to keep

>what is tactile defensiveness

I have 70-100 VHS tapes and exactly 4 DVDs.

>take the time to show off your BD collection
>face the labels away from the camera

I have around 200 physical movies.

About 125 blu-rays
~ 80 DVDs
~ smattering of VHS

ebin

It's pretty modest.I rarely watch any of them now. They're just keepsakes. Stoker belongs to my gf

Pretty small, I only own my absolute favourites, the kind of film that I rewatch two or three times a year, I just download everything else.

Like 20 discs, 16 of them dvds.

Why are women so pleb?

>buying movies
u fell for capitalism, morons. Why pay for stuff you can get for free?
if you could get free food, would u still go out and pay for it?
would you go pay for oxygen at some oxygen bar?

probably 150 dvd/bluray and another 100 digital

I pirate everything that I can't see at the cinema but I have a subscription so I go and see literally every new movie that comes out.

How embarrassing

I like your taste.

Get out, you fucking commie.

please explain how paying for stuff you can get for free makes sense. Do you think you're keeping someone employed? that it makes a fucking difference for the economy and the industry?

Who dat is

Nothing to do with what he's talking about, spastic.

more than this guy
most of it came from those 2-5 dollar bins when walmart was clearing out their dvd's

>Do you think you're keeping someone employed? that it makes a fucking difference for the economy and the industry?

Yes. I buy all my films from a little mom and pop joint in my town. To some degree, I help them stay in business. In return, they order more stuff and help stimulate the economy.

It's literally 1st grade.

im sure they survive and spend lots of money thus stimulate the economy all based on the movies you buy bro...
you took "1st grade" way too literal.

I said "to some degree", not that I alone helped them stay in business.

You truly are a fucking moron, aren't you?

Capitalism and the economy are dependent on millions of tiny parts that make a whole (AKA the consumer). Every single person makes some sort of impact, regardless of how trivial the purchase/sale.

You seriously need to take some fucking economics classes, bub. Micro and Macro.
That, or you should just go for that vasectomy right now so you don't have an opportunity to pollute the gene pool.

I bet next you're going to try to say votes matter.

>every single person makes some sort of impact
okay so if a businessmen fires 700 employees, and a single man decides to stop buying from that brand.. they have the same impact?
the consumer has no impact whatsoever in economy, the economy is ruled by governments and the economic power. Don't be a stupid deluded bitch and stop reading economy on books and see the reality for yourself

im not sure if you're an idealist or just an idiot

>implying it isn't all just money laundering at this point

>2017
>physical media

>okay so if a businessmen fires 700 employees, and a single man decides to stop buying from that brand.. they have the same impact?

Where in the fuck did I ever imply that, you ignorant cunt.

I'm done arguing with you. You're clearly just underage or an imbecile. Either way, educate yourself.

If votes didn't matter, Trump wouldn't be the president right now. Civilian votes pressure those at "power"/EC votes, lest they not get re-elected. Sure, they could always vote against the majority, but it's not in their best interests.

lol you truly are an idiot. My point was
>by buying movies i make a small impact on economy
no you don't, that fucking movie is like a grain of sand next to trucks and containers of sand being carried away and dropped on the beach by corporations.
You're an idiot and you're way too full of yourself dude. Get off the horse. You're not smart

>dude votes matter cuz trump!
>trump didn't get the most votes

i got family guy seasons 1-3 and chappelles show season 1 on dvd somewhere

also got a star wars trilogy vhs set and jurassic park vhs somewhere around here

sometimes blue rays are just worth getting for the cover

You're the idiot here, fuckhead.
Look at your argument:
>that movie is a grain of sand next to trucks and containers of sand being carried away and dropped on the beach by corporations
Okay, so you admit that the movie is equivalent to a grain of sand. That's essentially what I've been saying, too. Now, if you weren't such a fucking moron, you'd realize that the only way that you could disprove my point is by saying that the movie wasn't anything. But no, it's a grain of sand. I buy one movie, one grain of sand is added to the pile. Gee, what happens when thousands, if not millions of people purchase a movie? Suddenly that grain of sand is a nice little pile. Does it have the same impact as the truck full? No. But it does have an impact, whether you want to believe it or not, retard. Now use that same analogy but with every type of product. Suddenly, that beach has a fuck ton of little sand mounds that represent the working economy.
Get back to me when you understand how districting and the Electoral College works, pal.

we live in democratic republic not a democracy I don't know why millennials fail to grasp this

love those 80s lasers

except all the people you know combined, spending all their salaries, would barely fill a bucket next to the thousand containers with tons of sand that corporations move DAILY

you get the point now kid?

I use netflix dvds so very small

I bet you anything his wife wants him to give up collecting.

>implying he has one
>300 blurays
>superman shirt
>looks about 28 years old
nope

literally only got 4 blu-rays and two dvds

>framed photo of him holding a baby
>framed photo of dogs

Either he's actually a woman or he has some hole pulling his strings.

>look at this faggot
those lasers actually still exist, idiot

that baby is his little brother, and the dogs are all he has in his life besides movies and videogames.
That and the fact that he might live with his mother or she drops by daily to clean his cum stained socks and sheets

Massive projection. You got blown the fuck out. It's over kid, don't respond to me again.

>physical media
>storage media

Pfft.

There's a flaw in your argument you aren't quite intelligent enough to grasp. But the mass delusion of modern society is set up to take hold in the 80-110 IQ ranges, so its not your fault.

The west is built around replaceable parts. For anything that can't be easily replaced is a liability. This essentially means that, no, you do not matter. That nothing you can ever do will matter. Because no matter what you attempt to remove from society, five others are ready (if not aware enough to be willing) to fill any gaps you might create.

So to keep with the sand analogy, a person not buying something is taking a grain of sand out of a pile and keeping it. The pile shifts to fill the gap. Neither the height or weight of the pile is affected in a manner great enough to even measure. Thus, the ultimate effect is zero. The "but if enough" response to this as obvious as it is meaningless. As, no, there will never be enough. For if there are numerous entities also screwing with the sand pile and the vast majority will be mindlessly throwing sand onto the pile. Because most people are like you. They think they matter.

why should i care about your opinion on that fat nerd and his collection of movies?

>that baby is his little brother,

That baby IS him.

Based on what you're telling me here, the status quo would never change.

But it does. The film, television, and music industries themselves were forced to drastically change their marketing strategies once pirating became a thing. Television is in one of the worst states its ever been because there's no viewers. Shows have lower budgets. Fewer seasons. Canceled. The"gap" wasn't and isn't being filled so to speak.

but that happened because of technology, which is pushed by brands and the elite and such. So they're just changing the game themselves and slowly adapting to it, and to what the people wants, expects, and would allow to be subject of.

Who else here own zero(0) physical movies?

As large as the internet

broadcast television didn't die because of piracy, it's been steadily dying as a result the various options the consumer has other than broadcast. Of which there is huge demand for COMPLETELY UNKNOWABLE REASONS.

Just as piracy didn't kill hollywood/theaters, theaters have been steadily dying because they were no longer the one and only means of consuming recording media.

To say, these industries were only ever huge because they had monopolies. Then as technology advanced, and these captive markets gained more freedom, these huge industries steadily shrank.

At least that's how it should've gone. What really happened is the oligarchic corporate entities "diversified" into every medium they couldn't crush in order to maintain their existence. and literally every new technology and business practice was hauled into court by every entity that was reaping massive profits off soon-to-be obsolete business models. Hollywood attacked broadcast, broadcast and hollywood attacked home recording, rentals, and tried to make the internet as a whole illegal. Broadcast networks even tried to make the mute button illegal. And this practice of hauling new technologies into court (or just buying them out and crushing them) isn't unique to media, nor has it stopped.

So yes, the status quo is aggressively maintained because, otherwise, some people might have to work for a living.

i'm too poor for bluray collections. god bless torrent sites, without them i would have seen like 50 movies in total.

i also have a great archive films theater, but it's not super close by so i don't go often. but it's cheap, like a $1.50 for a ticket. it's great to go watch movies you haven't even heard of, or even ever think to look up

249GB

thanks yifi

Oh and 618GB of TV shows

>subscription
How does that work? I never heard of anything like that in my shit country.

>still using sata unironically
is this 2011

about 250gb on my hdd

>throw money away at those reddit tier movies