>the airplane is as big as a football field
>the moon is 2,569 football fields away
>the Honda is .33 football fields
>the ant is .0000001 football fields
>the football field is as big as a football field
Why do Americans do this?

because football fields are big

national blood sport

if you were a roman citizen yould understand. now go kick a ball on your pitch you yurofag

To give better perspective?

For americans, there are only 2 ways of measuring the size of things: football fields and Texas.

no one gives a shit about you queers

kek

still better than their imperial meme system

>t. steer or queer

because units are arbitrary.

t. actual physicist

2,569 football fields seems short to me...

That's more like the altitude sattelites orbit at, so yes, the "moon" is considerably further

the moon is a satellite you fucking buffoon

Why put moon in quotes? Is the moon fake? That'd be cool.

lol

Ummm because 48,000 sq ft is the most natural area known to man

True

That's cause our dicks are so big. It's why Euros measure in milimeters

What do Britbongs use to gain perspective on long distances? Hearing something like 18000m doesn't really paint a meaningful picture, whereas [x] football fields you can picture 1 football field which is already pretty big and imagine [x] of those lined up.

Why are non-Americans so triggered by American measurement? I swear to Christ they can't let one thread or YT vid go by without pissing their knickers about muh obsolete units.

for you

Exactly. If you want to know how far away something is but you don't have a tool to measure it, you use what you know to make a rough estimate (i.e. a football field from goal line to goal line is 100 yards).

Metric system makes sense, when you get used to it you know what 15 km is. The US's units of measurement are so fucked up that the only way to get a good image representation is to compare it to something familiar.

Can you please stop making fun of americans for today? Look, all I ask is you leave us alone for 2 days of the year. 4th of July and September 11th. This are the most important days in our year. I didn't make fun of any canadians on canada day and I don't make fun of britons on Elizabeths birthday. Please just let us have these two days.

When you get used to it, you know what 15 miles seems like, too. Can't you fuckers just use mosques or something for a comp?

All but the most unfortunate true Americans have sprinted the length off a football field, many atime. Thus a football field is the biggest familiar length involving the movement of one's body. It aids in cognitizing difficult concepts, as opposed to looking at it in purely abstract mathematics.

You might jest that this is the only way they can understand, heh, well bant'd friend, but in reality not so, it is to help expand the range of cognitization which in turn enhances learning and helps students move on to more difficult concepts. An analogy might be a time saving device that a diligent person views as allowing them to get more work done within an allotted time. Whomst would not want such a thing?

>What do Britbongs use to gain perspective on long distances?

Generally we compare things to the size of Wales.

Its the second most American thing that exists after removed foreskins.

>using the size of americans as a measurement tool

>Britbongs

We use both Miles and Kilometres so confuse both Europeans and Yanks.

>t. retard on his first bachelor year of a physics degree he will never finish

Using the metric system is extremely easy to convert something to something else. even a liter is just 10 cm^3. But in merica you have 1/16's, 3 ft to a yard, 5280 ft in a mile, pints, quarts, gallons, etc... this shit is backwards as fuck. Which is why the media always use something for comparison.

>Why can't Americans use our superior metric system?
The forward pack of the Welsh Six Nations side totals almost 200 stone!

Speaking of nations:
>Wales, Scotland and England are all nations, not states!
UK has one UN vote and competes as one country in the Olympics.

>wales? You mean west england
>NO THEY AREN'T LIKE US AT ALL

fucking bongs

20% of the Welsh speak an entirely different language you fucking retard.

>an asteroid the size of TEXAS!

>THEY ARE NOT US I SWEAR EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE LITERALLY US

Every fucking time. Next thing you're going to tell me is that northern bongs aren't the same because some roman faggot built a wall

The metric system leads to effeminity and mediocrity, the rest of the world is an example

Because they don't use the metric system, and don't appreciate logic.

It's to give you a rough idea of the scale. In France we do the same.

>18000m doesn't really paint a meaningful picture
honestly this whole thread is retarded, but you went full retard right there

>This state of the art plane is the size of 10 school buses

wait a minute

this thread isn't about television & film

>Can't you fuckers just use mosques

Daily reminder that all the planets in the solar system will fit between the earth and moon, and at some distances you can even fit Pluto.

>slightly banter an American
>they become absolutely enraged and begin to froth at the mouth

>In the United States metric units, authorised by Congress in 1866,[2] are widely used in science, medicine, military, and partially in industry, but customary units predominate in household use.

Seems to me most amerilards are too dumb to use it

expecting Americunts to have witty comebacks.

He's obviously means artificial satellites you underage autist

>Hearing something like 18000m doesn't really paint a meaningful picture
>[x] football fields you can picture 1 football field which is already pretty big and imagine [x] of those lined up.
How about picture 1km and them image 18 of those lines up you spastic

The american is a bit below your typical medieval peasant in the capacity for abstraction scale.

why do americans judge things by scale to other things, especially common and large things that everyone is familiar with?

>claims americans are stupid
>is too stupid to understand anything that isnt base 10

im surprised you faggots dont have 10 hour clocks and 10 day weeks

>WE ARE LITERALLY UNDER SIEGE BY PLANET FUCKING JUPITER