Hello, little plebeian idiots of Sup Forums. This is Rainer Werner Fassbinder, a German Director. It's crazy...

Hello, little plebeian idiots of Sup Forums. This is Rainer Werner Fassbinder, a German Director. It's crazy, I know - there are directors other than Joss Whedon and Christopher Nolan. Blows your mind? He directed The Bitters Tears of Petra Von Kant and Beware the Holy Whore - powerful, moving, beautiful films. His use of emotional tension, of colour are superb. No, there aren't any explosions. No, there aren't any memes. This is Rainer Werner Fassbinder. He is for grown-ups. Give him a watch.

isn't that the kid from two and a half men?

Isn't that the kid from two and a half men?

thats angus t jones

Epic, my dudes. Absolutely epic. Make jokes (shitty jokes, btw) because you can't contribute to a discussion. It's actually pretty pathetic that you're posting on a television & film board and you can't recognize Rainer Werner Fassbinder. It honestly makes me a bit sick.

>Hello, little plebeian idiots of Sup Forums. This is Rainer Werner Fassbinder, a German Director. It's crazy, I know - there are directors other than Joss Whedon and Christopher Nolan. Blows your mind? He directed The Bitters Tears of Petra Von Kant and Beware the Holy Whore - powerful, moving, beautiful films. His use of emotional tension, of colour are superb. No, there aren't any explosions. No, there aren't any memes. This is Rainer Werner Fassbinder. He is for grown-ups. Give him a watch.

Kill yourselfs.

>memes and jokes because no one knows who rainer werner fassbinder is
Understandable, I guess. Reddit Letter Media haven't done an episode on him.

>not mentioning BA
>not watching his films only on print
Pleb.

>OP only just discovered RWF and is now trying to act like hot shit on Sup Forums

Pathetic.

>No, there aren't any explosions.

Someone hasn't seen World on Wire.

>trying to act superior
The next tactic of the insecure, inferior idiot in a desperate act of denying his own idiocy. Stick to sneering at shitty movies repeating cheap Armond White criticism, kiddos.

I've been a fan of Rainer Werner Fassbinder for a long, long time, and I used to post very regularly on this board about him - before the reddit plebs took over. Beware the Holy Whore and Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant are my personally favourite, although I recognize Berlin Alexanderplatz is probably his best. I also think World on a Wire is terrific. Don't try and kid yourselves - you're morons.

>you're right but you're a moron also
Thanks I guess?
Also he's not even in the top ten Kraut filmmakers.

I'm a Fassbinder fan and he totally memed hard in the middle of his films because he was a madman and possibly didn't want to be overwhelmed by the despair of human nature. Didn't do well at that last bit.

angst essen seele auf was pretty good.

What do you mean "memed hard"? To be honest, I think he is a perfect fit for Sup Forums because of his obsession with black cocks.

He is extremely famous faggot come back with real shit next time

Sickening. Get out of my thread. That film is sentimental garbage. His worst one.

See

Take absurd moments for example like Chinese Roulette where the caretaker is dancing to Kraftwerk in the crutches. There are points where you feel like sometimes the pain is oppressive and then these oddities appear.

Remember when Fassbinder left his bf in a house filled with barbituates and then ghosted him in hope that he would commit suicide and then he did?

Remember when Fassbinder made a movie with the same premise several years later (Veronika Voss)?

What definition of meme are you operating with? The odd moments of silliness break the otherwise unbearable emotional tension of his films, and actually, by the juxtaposition expose the silliness of the whole, rotten ordeal, which is, I think, the main thematic drive of Fassbinder.

Remember when he agreed to fuck a vegetarian who was hopelessly in love with him and then they did.

Remember when he flew a plane into the Twin Towers.

Remember when he knocked door to door looking for small jewish children to haul to the gas chambers.

I do, I do.

literally juxtaposing with an unrelated hot cultural idea that at the time was rapidly spreading across the country. that single came out the same time as the film and is the only thing that really dates it.

Where do I start with Fassbinder?

slavic russel crowe

World on Wire is probably his most accessible for an uninitiated person. Ali: Fear Eats the Soul is also pretty easy jumping in point - although if you have a Sup Forums-wrought heart, likely it will chaff your chops a bit.

I downloaded World on a Wire a while ago, convince me to watch it

Trips get

>wow dude you should like totally watch it like dude wow
Don't bother. You seem like an idiot. This isn't even reverse psychology. I genuinely think you should just watch Power Rangers. Intelligent kino for intelligent people. Stupid flicks for stupid plebs. Stick to your own, kiddo.

imagine being this person

if you're intimidated by the length pick something different. fear eats the soul moves quite fast.

>imagine being this person
>*looks at the fourth wall and gurns slightly*

Who are you, Malcolm in the Middle? Retard.

imagine being this pseud

Is there a purer kino than this scene?

Hey OP. Ever see this film?

yeah, and apparently he's been making movies, who knew?
he's also gay, guess that's what happens when the theme of your show starts with "men men men men manly men men men"

Sounds like /ourguy/

Well... Fuck Rainer Werner Fassbinder and his stupid flicks. And fuck you, leftist scum.

>he's also gay, guess that's what happens when the theme of your show starts with "men men men men manly men men men"

damn...

tfw the best Fass film wasn't even written or fully directed by him

I've only seen chinese roulette, can I post in this thread?

>In 1969, while portraying the lead role in the T.V film Baal under the direction of Volker Schlöndorff, Fassbinder met Günther Kaufmann, a black Bavarian actor who had a minor role in the film. Despite the fact that Kaufmann was married and had two children, Fassbinder fell madly in love with him. The two began a turbulent affair which ultimately affected the production of Baal. Fassbinder tried to buy Kaufmann's love by casting him in major roles in his films and buying him expensive gifts

>Kaufmann relished the attention and became more demanding. Fassbinder bought Kaufmann four Lamborghinis over the period of a year; Kauffmann wrecked one and sold the others if they failed to meet his expectations.[83] The relationship came to an end when Kaufmann became romantically involved with composer Peer Raben. After the end of their relationship, Fassbinder continued to cast Kaufmann in his films, albeit in minor roles

>In 1971, Fassbinder began a relationship with El Hedi ben Salem, a Moroccan Berber who had left his wife and five children the previous year, after meeting him at a gay bathhouse in Paris.[84][88] Over the next three years, Salem appeared in several Fassbinder productions. His best known role was "Ali" in Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (1974). Their three-year relationship was punctuated with jealousy, violence and heavy drug and alcohol use.

>Fassbinder's next lover was Armin Meier. Meier was a near illiterate former butcher who had spent his early years in an orphanage.[92] He also appeared in several Fassbinder films in this period. A glimpse into their troubled relationship can be seen in Fassbinder's episode for Germany in Autumn (1978).[93] Fassbinder ended the relationship in April 1978. During the week of Fassbinder's birthday (31 May), Meier deliberately consumed four bottles of sleeping pills and alcohol in the kitchen of the apartment he and Fassbinder had previously shared. His body was found a week later.[94]

This guy is the ultimate hack

Pretty sure thats the kid from 2.5 men

I am well-read, well-watched, a sharp thinker and a passionate lover. Use whatever memes you like. I have the confidence of excellence and experience. I am refined. You, meanwhile, are a meme spouting little dweeb.

A BIG BLACK MAN WITH A BIG BLACK COCK

Fassbinder was lightyears ahead of Blacked in producing black cock fetish kino.

Welt am drat is one of my favourite films, you condescending little shit.

Alright, I'm a huge pleb when it comes to general film, I've always been more of a literature guy myself, but Berlin Alexanderplatz is one of my favourite books and I really wanna watch it. Is it essential that I watch the whole thing in a whole day or can I watch it as a regular series?

Also, I've been really into Krasznahorkai lately, which of the Tarr adaptations should I watch and what should I expect?

you're not funny m8

If he was born in these days he'd probably be posted BLACKED threads to trigger Sup Forums

yeah you know what I just decided to delete world on a wire cause of these posts, fassbinder seems like a disgusting hack

pleb

I like him too (especially his movie about dreams) but this whole post is just condescending and fedora.

Werckmeister Harmonies. It cuts out a lot of the smalltime social politics from Melancholy of Resistance but is way way better for it.

Turin Horse is also really good though it's not an adaptation per se, Krasznaszszhszhszh just wrote the script.

fassbinder is not patrician

I can't remember the last time we had a decent Fassbinder thread, they always trigger Sup Forums and draw the fedoras.

Film is such a low medium. How can people appreciate a work that lasts 3 hours at most? "Intelligent" films are a joke, and have equal weighting with Marvel in comparison to high literature.

this desu, films that deal with ideas and concepts and have minimal plot and character development are the best films because it forces the viewer to think

i.e. Baraka and 2001

>weird, romantic pervert
>hack
Not the same thing, desu.

You're going to have a hard life if you've the Sup Forums shame virus that causes you to feel uncomfortable around blacks and the freaks who fetishize them. Good, desu - you fully deserve it. Blacks are disgusting, so are the people who fetishize them, so are the people who are uncomfortable and terrified. But kino is kino, and Fassbinder's drama reaches points of wrenching the gut in two while looking incredibly beautiful. What's odd, though, is that you couldn't watch Fassbinder, but I bet you like Tarantino. Pleb.

You realize this is the only way to get a thread going, surely? Shut up your whining. You make me sick.

Tarantino loves black cock
Fassbinder loves black cock
Tarantino is a hack
Fassbinder is a hack

by all logic you should love them both, faggot.

Film is a visual medium, yes, and Fassbinder is a highly visual director. Marvel films are shit because they're not even good to look at. High rise buildings; CGI monsters; air ports; explosions. It's generic and sickening. A film like Hausu is infinitely superior in every way.

But film is also the next stage development of plays. Books are great for describing drama, but you feel the emotion of the characters more when you see it performed. You feel it more in a play, true, but you get a small part of that in film, and a director who can create difficult, tense, human dramas in a short span is a terrific director, desu desu kawaii desu.

>and Fassbinder is a highly visual director.
for the pseud entry level imdb crowd yeah sure

Very Aristotelian, my dude, but if perversity in directors were a criterion for talent, they'd all be great. I doubt there's a single one who's not a pervert in some regard. I really, really doubt you only watch Christian-approved wholesome movies. You have the Sup Forums virus shame virus. It's sad, and desu, it makes me sick.

See

OP, what are your thoughts on Jan Troell?

poor defense and dishonest posts

>Fassbinder

Fuck off with that leftie cunt.

I haven't seen any of his films, desu, although I will probably check him out now. What do you recommend and why?

Uh, uh... excuse me... I mean, uh... that's an AD HOMINEM... Ah, that's... Sir, you're breaking the FORMAL RULES of INTERNET DISCOURSE, Sir... Ah.... Have you even READ the RULES? Uh, Sir...

name 5 films with better set blocking and composition than The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant

To be honest, I think that cutting smalltime local politics from Melancholy would benefit it. Also, is Turin Horse related to the Nietzsche incident? Downloading both, thanks m8

institute benjamenta
golem
black god white devil
orpheus
life is a dream

another dishonest post

Russell crowe turning hipster?

The Emigrants and New Land are very good. New Land is probably the better of the two and involves the immigrants starting to settle in America.

such nice boobs, why she a furry? wasted potential

Yeah, it's about the guy who owned the horse. a guy who totally isn't Nietzsche also shows up

most ironic post i've seen. take your own advice retard

>what is blocking

The fact you would need to conjure kino classics as demonstrating superiority to Fassbinder rather than proving your point disproves. His composition is excellent. Yes, there's better (although some are debatable), but that doesn't mean his isn't incredible, retardo.

>why are you're you engaging honestly in a debate about black penis fetishization?
idk, mang. ijdkena.

I think it is

And to expand on why the films have great acting in very underrated Liv Ullmann and Von Sydow performances and the films also have great cinematography and soundtrack (especially the westward journey in New Land which is done to a very rhythmic soundtrack).

dishonest non-argument

i was responding to a question, you shitposting child

you are judging composition but neglecting actor position and movement. either that or you are not a theater person. this is why i know you are BSing

I can tell you're German by the fact that you're an utterly humourless autist who everyone hates but you think it's their fault. Nice thread that could have been full of informative discussion but instead you shat your lego pyjamas, saged, hidden.

I'm not, at all. I doubt you've seen any of those films.

I'm British. I can tell you're American by the fact you can't recognise the multiple layers of irony and silliness I've been taking this thread through.

see

I see you've ran out of steam now that you've been thoroughly raped and are now deflecting because we both know you haven't seen them.

Look at this trolled faggot