The same reason grown men watch
>movies with wizards
>superhero movies
>anime
>movies with talking monkeys
and so on

Thas deap broo

Dont try to justify your kid cartoon habits, fucker

That's so dumb because talking monkeys aren't real. Grow up people!

>I only watch mature movies for grown men such as myself

because they like it I imagine

yes

I don't watch cartoons, or lord of the rings or none of that garbage

This but unironically.

LMAO why would any grown person watch fiction like grow the fuck up

escapism

I only watch documentaries with isolated scores

The show has its moments at times when it's not gay as fuck.

Stephen is the most shitty, unlikable horrible fucking child character ever. Naive isn't even the word, he's fucking clinically retarded and insufferable.

The show's got a nice way of building atmosphere and creeping character development. It also surprisingly doesn't actually try to push any shitty non-binary gender ideologies and often criticizes them instead through very glaring character faults. That's enough to keep me on.

It's one of the most redpilled shows atm. All the gems are single women. They're genocidal and crazy. The gems (women) constantly fuck shit up. Steven is a product of a traditional relationship and is special or normal. Women are require men and traditional marriage to become stable. The fusions of gems show that lgbt relationships don't work and can even become a negative (obsessive). Garnet for example cannot function split apart. All in all in the end the Earth is still around because Rose loved the cock.

>is special or normal

what the fuck

I think I know what you mean, but...

They make it a point to point out that the gems aren't girls, which is just flat out silly

And I agree; in fact the whole reason why Steven is such a crybaby bitch is because one of the series' goals was to portray a more sensitive male protag

Each of the main gems is a negative stereotype about lesbians
Ruby and sapphire are so codependent they cannot function well without the other.
Lapis is a cunt, and blames everyone for her problems even though they're all her fault
Amythest is abusive, fat, ugly, and lazy Rose Quartz is suicidal Pearl is neurotic and jewish (redundant)
Steven doesn't seem to age and is very feminine, symbolizing a lesbian parent's desire to keep their sons as feminine as possible, even if it means blocking puberty with hormones The stupidity of the diamonds and the fact that the gems need Steven to save them almost every episode is a statement about the incompetency and fragility of women, and why they should not be allowed to lead.
Bismuth represents the violent and thuggish nature of black lives matter Marty represents jewish greed
Connie's mom can't tell the difference between a gem that is just a bunch of arms stuck together and a human, representing the dangers of importing Indians for the purpose of medicine the human zoo represents the dangers of tumblerina safe spaces and communism Connie and greg represent how modern society puts women on a pedestal, and treats men like worthless bums This show is a secret redpill show, coated with a tumblr flavored chocolate. It's the cartoon equivalent of tricking your dog into taking it's medicine by hiding it in its dog food. I look forward to the episode where the gems convince Steven to go through gender reassignment surgery (on the taxpayer dime of course) and the episode where Ronaldo is arrested for hate speech.

I only watch muted nature documentaries played at 1.5x speed with death metal playing over it.

boingboing.net/2015/05/21/simon-pegg-discusses-geek-cult.html

Good point on the details but you're missing the bigger picture here: Not only do the show's staff and fans see these characters' traits they have as not precluding them from being great, they actually see all of these things as good.

I think about the only time they're really truly portrayed in a negative socio-political light is with respect to Pearl trying to trick Garnet into fusing with her, which, based on Sugar's own treatment of fusion as an allegory for sex, is essentially an attempt by Pearl to rape Garnet, all for the power aspect of being Sardonyx. And even THAT is forgiven, which is something that would never (and shouldn't ever) be forgiven if attempted IRL

You and I see all these traits the characters have as negative traits realistically associated with these sorts of people IRL but an underlying theme in the show is that these types of people are great the way they are. It's another episode of leftists lacking self awareness in a way that is totally baffling

Why do grown men watch any television?
It's all worthless filler. The cupcake of stimulation.

I know, right? My Little Pony is so much better, and infinitely better as fap material.

Speaking of, will we be allowed to discuss the movie here once it premieres?

This is fundamentally untrue and you know it yourself

Fascinating... where does Gregg fit into it all?

Why do grown men watch entertainment in general? they should all be sad and miserable.

The entire fanbase are rejects who left the true kino cartoon of MLP.

We are sad and miserable. But watching it reminds us of a better time, when we were kids.

do not get ahead of yourself lol

SU is bad, but I can respect that it least has elements that would appeal to teens and adults. MLP was a fucking mistake, a big joke a bunch of lonely idiots took way too seriously and propagated like a plague

So on a scale from 1 to 10 how mad are you that MLP gets a theatrical movie this year and Season EIGHT is confirmed while no one watches your show?

why do you care?

How did MLP become kino? What's the story behind bronies

prove it, faggot

I give a lot of credit to M.A. Larson and the people who followed his style. The show never got bitter or cynical and it's positivity is great. Also Glim Glam.

>SU
>my show

lol

Also not mad at all. MLP is a joke and most of the bronies who are into it pretend it doesn't exist now. There's still a little gaggle of retards that enjoy the show because they're emotionally stunted/still haven't lost their virginity, but at least it's not the epidemic it once was

I will say, I do look forward to all of the tweets and posts about fat virgins creepily waddling into almost vacant theaters to see the upcoming film though

i like its visual style

*were into it

>How did MLP become kino?
By being a genuinely good show which is never patronizing. A rarity in cartoons.

Sadly, it being so good meant that it appealed to literally everyone, including creeps who want to fuck horses.

Stay mad SUcuck. The fandom is stronger than ever and your show is dead. I'm going to have fun at Hascon.

>still thinks I'm an SUfan

I wrote this

Try to enjoy your children's convention, and try your best not to get arrested for hovering too long

Yes and enjoy your SU con. Oh wait, it's so small and insignificant it doesn't have one.

It's really, really cute without being forced and overly saccharine while also having really great character moments and animation. There's quite a few misteps but it's still a fun time.

That's a shitty image.

>I give a lot of credit to M.A. Larson and the people who followed his style

explain

oh my god