Things that shocked you about other countries

>Brazilians don't speak Spanish

I thought New Zealand was northeast of Australia, not southeast.

snksowl wmßpy

Panama isn’t an island

greece is poor

>Spain isn't in South America

I was shocked to find out that the French are white because for some reason I always thought of them as looking like Maghrebis

Everything about Suriname and Guyana.

The west coast of Canada is actually not so long

>Araska
:3

Indonesia is muslim and also the biggest muslim country. All the indonesians I knew growing up were buddists, secular, taoist or christian so I didn't know until I was an adult.

>go to America
>make two jock friends that are actually white and tall instead of fat and mutty

>greenland is not a green land

it's cute
don't worry

when i was a kid i unironically used to think each country was its own planet and people had to use rockets to travel between them

?

Poland don't use the cyrillic alphabet

that's literally g gundam

Stop faking it you fucking expat

Brazilians don't speak Brazilian

Paraguay lost 90% of its male population in a war against Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay in the XIX century

i've read the article on the war. paraguay's population nowadays is still less than before the war iirc.

>Canada is mostly indistinguishable from the US

You wish fatboy

I don't think that's true, nowadays Paraguay has 6.9M inhabitants. From what I read before that war the population didn't surpass 1M

>america did 9/11

i recalled it wrongly, i read the article of wikipedia again but there's no description. sorry

no description as i posted

I don't get that map, why Paraguay has exit to the pacific, and why Peru and Brazil ate Bolivia lol

Gachimuchi is Known in part of Europe and America. :3

i googled " paraguay before war" and found dis

>Americans aren't actually white

I thought Britain was mainland and Holland was the Britain.

There are almost 130 million people in Mexico.

some places in Canada dont have snow all the time.

It wouldn't be important otherwise

Parts of the west coast get zero snow and zero sunshine it's just grey skies and a lot of rain

I watched a bunch of those videos like 3 years ago, I thought they were super hilarious back then , now I think they are kind of dumb
This one is the map you were looking for

Portuguese speak Brazilian

this

Turkeys aren't from turkey.

iceland also isn't an ice land

Mexicans in USA and Inmigrants in Germany are almost % the same %

Mexican Americans made up 11.2% of the United States' population, as 36.3 million U.S. residents identified as being of full or partial Mexican ancestry.[1] As of July 2016, Mexican Americans comprised 63.2% of all Hispanics and Latinos in the United States.[1]

about ten million of Germany's 82 million residents did not have German citizenship, which makes up 12% of the country's population

Thought we were the good guys

Turned out we are the good goys

shocking :o

you are still number 1 ;)

That was done intentionally

>singapore is part of malaysia not china

>thought that greece was all ancient and shit and that they all lived in those massive white buildings and mausoleums

>up until i was about 13 i thought that russia was still the soviet union

Sheep fucker education right here.

Visited Marseille for the first time last year. This is a personal observation not meant to trigger anyone. I have no political opinion on this one way or the other.

Russians, blacks and Algerians as far as the eye can see. Holy shit. Like, I knew there’s plenty of North Africans in France in general and marseille especially, I just didn’t know it’s THAT much. I was driving around and browsing radio stations, there’s at least one LOCAL Arabic station. also, most of marseille looks ghetto as hell. Had a great time though.

i never knew that russia had SPACE and T-I-G-E-R-S

The so called richest and most powerful nation on Earth can't agree to pay their civil servants and soldiers.

I thought we were No.1 Hentai people

Come home burger

europeans use american english to talk to each other instead of french

many of them are still "darker" than Brits or Germans

>Things that shocked you about other countries

Different regions in Italy and Spain hate each other for real

same in Germany, at least Bavarians really hate the rest of germs, I know that much.

This
When I heard about Bavarian for the first time,
I couldn't understand what Bavarian man said...

>I know that much.
Then you know not enough, we dont hate the rest.
Bavarians are fine with being German

t. Bavarian

When I was a child I wondered why Latin Americans spoke Spanish like cartoons, later I discovered it's the other way around.

>You can get shot when you call 911

t. Munich cuck metrosexual

most people in the regions of Spain and Italy you mentioned are fine with being Spanish/Italian, that doesn't mean they shy away from semi-serious banter regarding other regions, same with Bavarians.

American cars don't spontaneously explode every time they crash like they do in the movies.

I was so disappointed when I found this when I was 12 and visiting the US.

>t. Bavarian

Bavarians don't hate them.
But do Bavarians feel superior to rest of Germans? :3

>superior
no, just different.

the closest thing to us are Austrians, who were part of a greater Bavarians 1000years ago

Do Bavarians want to be Austrian?
Or...

Should Germany unite Austria?

>it's as easy to get a gun in america as getting a cigarette here

That you can drink tap water in Europe

I thought Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) still ruled all of Arabia till I was 12
Planned it all out to meet him and stuff...

ITT: brainlets

Finns are stemmed from mongol.

Thought that Korea was a Chinese knockoff

Greenland appears much larger on maps, than it actually is.

It did not "shock" me, but when I was a child I used to imagine Germany as being landlocked.
I also thought the wall of Berlin actually encompassed territory outside of the city and divided the entirety of East Germany and West Germany.

For the longest time I thought Switzerland was Scandinavian. Geography never was my strong suit.

I used to think Argentina was in the middle east. One time my aunt and cousins went to visit a friend there and I used to think wow how did they get there it's dangerous in the middle east (this was not too long after the US entered Iraq)

In Spanish Switzerland is Suiza (pronounced "Sooitha") and Sweden is Suecia ("Sooethia").
Some children get confused.

I thought USSR stood for United Soviet States of Russia and couldn't believe it when I was told the real acronym.

This
Instead it was only a little wall on a city

Until the mid '00s, I thought Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia were countries that still existed

Well, Yugoslavia still existed as Montenegro + Serbia

Quebec is a thing

Embraer is a thing.

France is bordering the Netherlands Brazil, Canada and Australia.

The UK doesn't have a unified constitution.

Other Europeans don't necessarily learn about the political branches of the EU in school

I have news for you

t. Castilian oppressor

West europeans are very rude, unmannered people.

similar in italian

svezia
svizzera

when learning italian i got really confused between these

portuguese:
- Suécia (Sweden)
- Suíça (Suwitzerland)

Switzerland is literally an awful name
Especially considering they had "Helvetia" as an option

used to imagine Brazil as this sort of jungle country with cities in the jungle hills always happy and playing football.
Russia as always snowy, even in summer.
Japan was always degenerate and weird, don't know why, I thought Japanese girls were super sluts.
USA as literally manhattan everywhere with tall skyscrapers but kind of scary with a lot of homeless people and such.
the whole Africa was full of skinny kids that would do literally anything to eat the veggies I didn't want to finish, also generally very dusty.

this

yeah but then they'd be named after a font

Everybody used to think like that

what do you want then?

Doesn't Helvetia mean "hell" in some languages?

>used to imagine Brazil as this sort of jungle country with cities in the jungle hills always happy and playing football.
If you remove the "always happy" part, this is spot on.