You know what my mother used to call me? Dangerous. "You're a dangerous girl". She was right. I am dangerous

>You know what my mother used to call me? Dangerous. "You're a dangerous girl". She was right. I am dangerous.
>she gets killed immediately after saying this

What the fuck was Refn getting at here?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/433910/Neon_Drive/
youtube.com/watch?v=zEXQjc651Vk)
youtube.com/watch?v=fMHcWDesUFc
youtube.com/watch?v=zEXQjc651Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hubris before the fall
it's a classic Greek tragedy friendo

She didn't realize what kind of situation she was in

Is this movie worth watching?

Its pleasing aesthetically and soundtrack is good too. Its worth seeing for visual trip alone. Wish I had seen it in cinema

Yeah that didn't make sense
The trailer made it seem like she was a killer. As in that she was a struggling model who murdered other women to get ahead or she bathed in their blood or something
A better film with a similar theme would be "Starry Eyes"

>Two years ago, I woke up depressed one morning. I wasn’t born beautiful, but my wife was. And I thought, “I wonder what it’d be like to have been born beautiful.” And of course, there’s a sixteen-year-old girl in every man. This is a way to do my version of her. It made sense going from Drive, which was the height of masculinity, and my own fetishization of a hero, and even Only God Forgives, where Ryan’s character is my own male obsession deconstructing itself and emasculating itself, trying to crawl back into the womb of the mother. And now, I am reborn as a sixteen-year old girl. In the end, beauty was what I was making a film about, and the only person I knew around me who was beautiful was my wife.

Refn actually said this.

Based on this and Only God Forgives, I think Refn likes to give people certain expectations of what his film is going to be and then the actual film just goes in a completely different direction resulting in something completely non-standard. Perhaps it's a critique of the Hollywoodized nature of films where you can see all the tropes and plot points coming from a mile away.

because she was like a little cat, didn't know what danger is

Probably one of the few films where I didn't like it that much but would still recommend seeing it for the great soundtrack which was used awesomely.

elle thread

Am I the only one who finds both Elle Fanning and Judi Dench attractive?

yes

literally /ourguy/

Arrogant.

yes, not a bad movie at all

Superior Neonfu.

yes, I spent last 4th of july watching it in theaters drunk as fuck and the visuals blew my mind

>Drive, which was the height of masculinity
wew

I wonder how will he self insert himself in the final installment of the Autism trilogy. Can't wait desu

I was really upset when I watched it that the twist wasn't that she was actually gonna be a serial killer. ButI've gotten over it

The line is referencing her newfound narcissism which makes her feel invincible even when surrounded by three blood-thirsty cannibals

It's for show. He said the 16 year old girl line at literally every interview/talk for the film he did and always paused for laughter from the audience.
There was one quite good interview where he explains that he's an entertainer. He's good fun, but not as autistic as he pretends

>Autism trilogy
>Drive, Only God Forgives, Neon Demon
Did you mean to say tetralogy? Because it's already a trilogy. You could also count Valhalla Rising.

the autism trilogy very clearly refers to the trilogy started with Drive and continued with Only God Forgives wherein Ryan Gosling plays a very violent autistic man
You'd know this if you weren't a fucking newfag

ewww

Autism trilogy refers only to Goose/Rfen collaborations

But he does not connect the trilogy by Ryan Gosling. Refn himself said that the characters connected are One-Eye (VR), Driver (Drive), and Chang (OGF).

that's another one

ewww to your bad taste, bella is superior neonfu

Anyway, Elle Fanning is clearly a female version of Ryan Gosling.

No it's fucking shit

Just because the response is planned doesn't make it insincere.

what movie is this?

Kong: Skull Island

Just because he understands his position as an entertainer doesn't mean he's not actually the way he is.
He doesn't actually sit down and write material like he's a fucking comedian or something. All that shit about having a little girl inside of him is genuine, he's just playing it up for the audience.

We all filter our personalities to a certain extent. When you're having dinner with your grandma you probably don't discuss dragon dildo's as you would on Sup Forums, but that doesn't mean you're putting on an act when you're talking with your grandma, neither does it mean you're putting on an act when you talk about dragon dildo's on Sup Forums. You just filter stuff appropriately.

Also, go watch his early interviews, and the 4 hour long interview he did with that Danish TV channel. He also lost his virginity, to his now wife, in like his mid 20's. He's 100% certified autismo.

Gojira vs. Mosura (1992)

Neon Driver

Can we just be happy and choose the 4 girls?

That's actually eerily close to the name of this awesome looking game.
store.steampowered.com/app/433910/Neon_Drive/

Anal vore is a huge part of who I am and I'll be damned if I won't share that with my loved ones

nice visuals, but basically the game is the same as pic related

Way hotter than Elle

True but those games were pretty damn addictive. I had a Power Rangers one when I was a kid. Fun stuff.

saw it at the pictures and it was pretty fucking mesmerizing, I did however 420 it up before I went in and being the lightweight I am, got fucked out of my head from like 2 draws

>preferring cold, mean-looking "hot" over ethereal "beautiful-cute"

terrible taste

>peaking at the age of six
wew

>Also, go watch his early interviews, and the 4 hour long interview he did with that Danish TV channel. He also lost his virginity, to his now wife, in like his mid 20's. He's 100% certified autismo.
I did, that's part of the reason why I say what I say about him. Funny you should mention that interview, considering the ending of it...
But I don't doubt that the story has some elements of truth to it. I'm sure the film was written as a response to his insecurities about beauty. But he's very aware of how he comes off is what I'm saying.
He knows that it makes him sound autistic when he talks about the 16 year old girl, he knows that audiences like his "quirkiness" and he plays to that.

There's quite a good interview where Gosling interviews him for TND and at one point Ryan reads out the exact wording Refn had written for how he wanted Ryan to ask him a specific question
(it's in here somewhere youtube.com/watch?v=zEXQjc651Vk)
I'm not saying they necessarily colluded to have Ryan read out the whole thing. But knowing Ryan, there was definitely an element of self-awareness. (Alternatively, it could have just been a joke to make Ryan laugh)
But what I'm saying here is that Refn didn't write it genuinely having that level of pretentiousness

Does that make sense?

>He knows that it makes him sound autistic when he talks about the 16 year old girl, he knows that audiences like his "quirkiness" and he plays to that.
Different person, but isn't he basically saying the "I wish to be the little girl" line that us weebs on Sup Forums have been saying for years?

Second for Starry Eyes. Great movie.

>That cunt face.

What a truly smug and detestable cunt. I truly hate her.

I just can't get over Elle's pig-nose and translucent skin tone

Wow, she was even cunty as a child.

Fuck both of you. In the ass.

Basically. He says it with self-awareness of how it sounds though.

(On a slight tangent, since Drive I think Refn must've become aware of Sup Forums considering we talked about it nonstop, it became a huge meme, it wasn't a 'hugely' mainstream hit, and Refn has a huge ego so would naturally become interested in any community that praises his work.
And since then, he's basically been /our guy/. So I don't think it's at all implausible that he's been exposed to Sup Forums "culture" and memes. And this is somewhat backed up by the way he collects custom robot figurines that he posts on instagram, and the "real lolita shit" line in TND. Plus Elle Fanning has been worshiped by certain posters on this board since long before TND, along with Christina Hendricks. So I think it's entirely possible that we heavily influenced the film)

literally and objectively wrong on all accounts

No fuck you. She is seriously one off the biggest cunts in all of Hollywood. A truly unlikable, detestable smug bitch.

CUNT
U
N
T

You guys are fucking retarded and have no business calling yourselves movie fans.

She's dangerous because she's beautiful and that means she can pretty much do anything she wants and get anything she wants while seemingly being innocent. The line is more a revelation that she's self-aware, is all. The climax of the film, in a way.

>Crooked facial features
>Dumbo ears
>Fat face
>Horrible skin tone
>Cunty

Based on what, bitch? Get a life.

>calling someone you've never met who acts completely bubbly in every interview she's ever done a 'cunt'

toastie roastie detected

>Funny you should mention that interview, considering the ending of it...
>But he's very aware of how he comes off is what I'm saying.

Sure, I'll agree with that. In fact, I'll say he's extremely self-aware, almost to a Machiavellian extent. He's a decently intelligent man.
But where does that 'I have a 16 year old girl inside of me' even come from? To us internet shitposters it's an unremarkable phrase, but for an actually grown man to say something like that; it must have come somewhere from the inside.

But sure, I'll definitely agree. He very much 'filters' the things he says to cater to an audience to create a certain 'aesthetic'. I wouldn't say he puts on an act in the sense he is perpetuating untruths, but he's very much magnifying certain aspects of his personality, while omitting others, but I think all of it is genuine, regardless.
The 'girl inside of me' stuff is sincere, but when that's all he talks about, and even plays it up for the audience, it obviously creates a certain character that might not be representative of the totality of him as a person.

this is so painful to watch

>right in front of his wife he's shoving his tongue right down an underage girls throat on national television
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Why does Refn look like a turkey?

>spends 2 years making a film just to see Elle Fanning naked and then kiss her in front of his contemporaries
is there any question that he's /our guy/?

>alpha male taking what's his is painful to watch
Beta detected.

There's nothing wrong with kissing people in Danish culture. You're just an uncultured American.

she was 18

>shoving his tongue right down an underage girls throat
if you wanted to tell us you've never kissed a girl and have zero knowledge of the mechanics of mouths and tongues when kissing, you could've just said so. Why all the pageantry?

Yeah I'm socially a 16 year old girl at heart. At least I'm also a man with intellect and charisma. Imagine being a conscious woman and always being past your prime?

>the only person I knew around me who was beautiful was my wife.

No way man it's fucking rad

this

>im so pleb I couldn't understand the movie

Is Refn's life the epitome of don't let your dreams be dreams?
>befriending the goose
>fugging Elle
>make weird art films that no one likes without giving a fuck and still making money
I love and hate this man, simultaneously.

Refn and Goose is such a weird combination. It's like a modern day Turner and Hooch.

Feel free to explain, guy who can't even spell "I'm."

What was the deal with the upside down Triforce? Is Refn showing us that he can, in fact, Triforce?

lmfao you fucking got him with that 'i'm' burn lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
DUDE BRAINWASHING YOUNG MODELS INTO SERVITUDE USING FAME AND ATTENTION LMAO

Can you make it any more obvious that you're him?

wew you got me there, I dont know what to say now

Can you make it any more obvious that you're him?

BTFO
T
F
O

youtube.com/watch?v=fMHcWDesUFc

Patrician or pleb?

He's right, though, fag.

but im am, just got rekt

That's what I said, I need you to make it even more obvious.

>youtube.com/watch?v=zEXQjc651Vk
This might be the best interview I've ever seen. Gonna have to create a thread about it later.

nice, but you're still a pleb

That's rich coming from the guy who can't even spell I'm.

WOOW

i know. when i watched that movie i thought for sure she was the one that was going to fuck people up. i was actually shocked that she died so quickly and pathetically.

what is it about eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow makeup that's so attractive. I feel like such an animal on a nature documentary when I'm smitten by an attractive girl that is wearing what is tantamount to an animal marking itself to be fertile and is actively trying to attract a mate

They look like a nice family.

I don't know but you could be a League of Legends character designer because every fucking female character in that game has eye shadow for some reason. Even the 8 year old girl.

What about when they take the makeup off?

no touchd mi lady

>shoving his tongue right down an underage girls throat
I fucking knew he was an ayy lmao, fuuuck

>Neon Demon
>Semen Demon

one of us
one of us
one of us