Wtf, anglos?

Wtf, anglos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anglos are weirdos, but hey, everyone who doesn't use this is a weirdo too.

I saw normal EU plugs in Südtirol. They seem to hate Italy.

>italian plugs are not improved europlugs
>g*rman plugs are euro plugs

eu plugs are shit
also lol
>chinkstralia

It is a sad chink

plugs are cute

>They seem to hate Italy

wh*Toids fear KARA BOGA

+ve
-ve
and Earth

Once again Britain sets the standard amongst u degenerates

Based three pin is superior in every way

Cool shit, now check this out, threeway AND fully compatible with EU .

It seems like this si the sort of thing the EU should have standardised

>mfw need a fuckign adapter to charge my phone on the continent

UK plug is objectively the best plug though

The real answer is that we are and will always be the special snowflake.

Well, it's standardised in the EU
I think they're going to do that for phone chargers next

France and Italy would love to be that too, but Germany doesn't allow it

It doens't look like it actually has earth.

Why does the UK one need a dummy ground prong?

Um sweetie, how can it be standardised in the EU if it doesn't include the UK?

You guys never really wanted to standardise your habits with the Continent

This, also can't wait for european standardized currency to be created.

UK socket has a shutter mechanism. You need to stick something into ground hole to open the rest.

That's a fucking piece of plastic m8 not earth

The UK plugs are perfect for prostate stimulation, that's the secret reason why they never wanted to adopt the common EU plug.

Someone sounds jelly his prostate isn't getting stimulated :^ )

Brit plugs are great
Aus plugs are really good (and china copied us)
US has fuck all voltage
EU powerplug is disgusting can hardly even hold its own weight

>EU powerplug is disgusting can hardly even hold its own weight

You can stand on these fuckers.

But why would you use the big earthed ones for things like a light? Why not use the slim ones to safe some space?

On some devices it is an earth wire, but on insulated products it's just a plastic tab.

This third tab also has the benifit of keeping the socket closed off when something isn't plugged in (by moving a small bit of plastic in the socket out of the way of the live and neutral slots) so that you can't just shove something in there and electrocute yourself.

Limey plugs are actually pretty clever

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

>electrocute yourself
>on 230V

Schuko giga master race

>muh fuse
Yes, it makes it safer. See this is a fallacy: "X makes Z safer therefore Z is safer than Y", but as you no doubt can see that doesn't follow. The statement that it makes them safer is true when compared to an british plug without a fuse, but not compared to a schuko plug. The reason being is that the British use a ring circuit, usually capable of delivering 32 amps at 240 volts, or just over 7600 watts. Way more than most sockets can handle without melting or catching on fire. So the fuse is there to make sure the house doesn't burn down in case of a fault, not to protect your appliances or humans for that matter.

Europeans opted for a radial circuit, whereby each group of sockets have their own 10-16 amp fuses at 230 volts, capable of delivering only 2300-3600 watt.

>muh ground
You literally cannot touch the live pins on a schuko. I don't know what the fuck he is on about, but you cannot. The socket itself is so deep that the pins cannot make contact with live while the pins are exposed.

>muh shutters
Most schuko sockets have shutters that require both pins to be inserted at once or they won't open. It's not really a feature of the plug so it's kind of retarded patting yourself on the back for manufacturers having the forethought of putting in shutters.

>muh rewireability
This used to be quite common for schuko plugs, too. It was found to be of marginal use to the consumer and increased risks of faulty wiring. The schuko plug is now double insulated, ensuring that under no circumstances will it become electrically conductive.

This is just British people being too stubborn and vain to admit that the German system is plain better.

I strongly agree with this post.

>This is just British people being too stubborn

I agree even more

At these voltages it's mainly the current you have to worry about. Even with that, you can definitely be killed via electrocution from a mains supply of 230-240V.

0.003A or something is deadly yes.
But if you're not a gigantic retard, you won't get that with 230V.

t. licked 230AC and 180DC more than once

>Why yes, I *do* have to pull the plug out to disconnect a single appliance

Most people non-gigantic retards also won't go sticking shit like forks into electrical sockets. The point of these features is to protect these mongaloids from themselves.

Darwinism is a thing for a reason.

>inb4 you get one
Mine where work related injuries and I'm now known as the human fuse.

I agree, but from a commercial and governmental perspective it looks pretty bad if Johnny Retard kills himself with cutlery and an electrical socket when you could have stopped it through design. We're not called a nanny state for nothing.

>We're not called a nanny state for nothing.
Can you start nanny'ing the weight of your girls soon? Because they look like walking Roulade with a crop top

cum+jap alliance
other plugs are used by subhumans

we use both A and D types though, not just D
earth? that's for fags

You can put a button on any socket of any type, it's not a feature exclusive to any one type. Not sure why you would, though. Most modern appliances have their own switches in form of a button or automatic ones that cut off power when not in use.

Switzerland had the best and most space efficient plug design, prove me wrong.

British plugs are the best plugs, prove me wrong

uk plug is unironically the best.

>ayy lmao in the middle

>because the sockets feature shutters that prevent children from inserting paperclips and getting a nasty shock
so does schuko
>what's more, if you pull the cord out of a british plug, it's designed in such a way that the three inner leads disconnect in an order that prevents death
sames as schuko