The Bizarre Reason T.J. Miller Considered Doing The Emoji Movie

>T.J. Miller explained: When they said they're making an Emoji Movie I was like, 'What?' So I almost went to the pitch in a way to hear just how the fuck they were going to make an Emoji Movie. And then whenever people ask for me specifically, it is kind of a slightly left of center choice comedically ... At least I know the director is making interesting choices. And then they really just felt that, Tony [Leondis] was like, 'I'm familiar with your work, and I just think,' it was really important to him that this was a heart-warming story. It had to be really funny. He just said, 'I am familiar with all of your work, and I just feel like you are the one guy that can really, really pull this off.' And once I'd seen how kind he was, and Kate [Miller] really got along with Michelle, we both just got such a good vibe from them.

>But while the above quote reveals that he was ultimately convinced to work on The Emoji Movie because of director Tony Leondis, and his interesting take on where to take the film with T.J. Miller in the lead role, the former Silicon Valley actor made it clear to the director that this process would include a hefty amount of improvisation. This was something that Tony Leondis was more than happy to include, though, as T.J. Miller recalled:

>I sometimes do this preamble, when I am about to do something: 'Now you are aware that I improvise, and often I will not say any words in the script.' And luckily by now people know that that kind of comes with the package. But they were really open to that.

Give me one reason why this movie will be bad?

TJ said its interesting so have faith

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_nfdzMhmrA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there is four reasons in the OP image

It's literally wreck it ralph but with emojis

>this was a heart-warming story

More like a bank account warming paycheck

I went out for beers with TJ Miller once and someone came up to him and asked for his autograph. As he was signing the piece of paper the guy asks him "Hey, why were you in that fuckin' Yogi Bear movie, man?" and TJ looks him in the eyes and says, "They offered me alot of money. I'll be in anything if they give me enough money, just wait."

Didn't have any idea he meant this at the time.

So he took the part because they were offering him a job? What an exciting story.

I bet they actually wanted to make a Memes Movie,but dubs guy was to expensive.

Because the comedy will more than likely be dated. Thats why other films like Wreck-it Ralph or Toy Story can get away with being films about games and toys, because they'll be around nearly forever. Emoji's are things people use as a standby effect to add more into a conversation via phone or computer.
It probably will be decent, but it'll be dated as fuck.

pretty much this
but hey I was wrong about The Angry Birds movie so who knows, this might not be fucking awful

Did you see TJ Miller's painfully terrible HBO special? I wouldn't trust his comedic sensibilities.

How much would Pepe cost?

1 gf

youtube.com/watch?v=o_nfdzMhmrA

How long can you last Sup Forums?

The moment they got to the firewall
But I must say it doesn't look half as bad as I was expecting

Why does ELO have to be in every ahit trailer?

Please, it's made under Sony, that'll never happen.

that's what I was thinking when I read it. you definitely weren't drinking with him though.

>Make movie about faces meant to convey different expressions
>They all have the same smug face

The real reason

btw anyone hear that rumour about TJ Miller?

>Wow the poop emoji is voiced by a dignified and respected British actor
>There character doesn't need to be funny you are just supposed to laugh at the absurdity of it

Hipster millennial were a mistake.

>Hipster millennials

will hate this

>'Now you are aware that I improvise, and often I will not say any words in the script.'
What a fucking cunt

>hipster millennials

If you think anyone under the age of 35 has anything to do with making this film you're retarded. Don't confuse bad attempts to appeal to the youth for the youth themselves being annoying

So this confirms that he was fired from Silicon Valley because he wouldn't say what the writers had written and would go on constant stupid rants trying to be funny and wasting everyone's time?