>ISIS destroys ancient Assyrian sites in Hasakah
>ISIS destroys ancient Assyrian sites in Hasakah
>Syrian Army deploys 100 tanks, 400 BMP’s to Aleppo
>Syrian Army advances in east Hama capturing several villages
>2,000 iraqi fighters to arrive in southern Aleppo front
>Syrian Army attacks northern Aleppo under Russian air cover
>Turkish soldiers save wounded US intel agent on Syrian border
>ISIS attacks US-backed rebels near Iraqi borders
>Reminder: Al-nursa to rebrand itself and “break away” from Al-qaeda in hopes to gain western support
>UN Yemen Envoy Announces One-Month Recess for Peace Talks
>Houthi forces advance 10km deep into Saudi territory: Mujtahidd
>ISIS falling apart inside Iraqi city of Mosul: US
>ISIL Terrorists Capture 3,000 Fleeing Iraqis: UNHCR
>Libyan forces storm ISIS bastion at Sirte
>Ahmadinejad to Obama: You still have time to fix ‘bitter past' & return $2bn to Iran
>Indian forces arrest more than 1,000 protesters in Kashmir
>Saudi-led coalition air strike kills 9 civilians in Yemen market

>NEW SOUTHFRONT 8 August
youtu.be/d4DsNYTVyfs

>Newest Interviews with Assad
youtu.be/kb_Lq1VrTxM
youtu.be/VynWkRJPoeY

PERMANENT MAPS
>Live hohol with ticker
syria.liveuamap.com/
>Interactive military map
militarymaps.info/
>Syria conflict map
cartercenter.org/syria-conflict-map/
> Syria Civil war
www.edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html

RECENT MAPS
>Aleppo City Aug 5
i.imgur.com/a/5oQWe.png
>Manbij Aug 5
i.imgur.com/bK9Z1VV.png
>Darayya Aug 5
i.imgur.com/ZYrCX1N.jpg

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

almasdarnews.com/article/joint-syrian-russian-air-strikes-destroy-jihadist-convoys-aleppo/
youtube.com/watch?v=pdZgkGI5h0A
southfront.org/harakat-hezbollah-al-nujaba-sends-2000-fighters-to-assist-syrian-army-in-aleppo/
southfront.org/isis-leader-flees-after-robbing-treasury/
twitter.com/jackshahine/status/762721838325755905
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-07/putin-senses-syria-victory-that-ll-cement-assad-confound-u-s
youtube.com/watch?v=SeZF3NE55ZE
ndtv.com/indians-abroad/india-says-to-bring-back-workers-facing-food-crisis-in-saudi-arabia-1438452
ft.com/cms/s/0/da076830-5d77-11e6-a72a-bd4bf1198c63.html
aranews.net/2016/08/british-special-forces-battlefront-syria/
bbc.com/news/uk-37015915
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brunete
twitter.com/sommervillebbc
presidentassad.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=90&Itemid=435
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for al-Jaafari

First for moderate bakeries

Daily reminder to ignore shitposters and jihadi shills.

>Houthi forces advance 10km deep into Saudi territory: Mujtahidd
delicious

>Joint Syrian-Russian air strikes destroy jihadist convoys all over Aleppo

A military source reported to Al-Masdar that Syrian and Russian warplanes continued to plow southwest Aleppo targeting jihadist convoys and mobilization points.

A large Jaish Al-Fateh convoy was destroyed in the vicinity of the Ramousah Artillery Base resulting in the destruction of five armored vehicles while another convoy was wiped out leading to the obliteration of seven armored vehicles manned with anti-aircraft weapons. On Zorbah axis, 11 armored vehicles and transportation cars were destroyed, and another 14 armored vehicles on the Saraqeb-Aleppo route.

almasdarnews.com/article/joint-syrian-russian-air-strikes-destroy-jihadist-convoys-aleppo/

,000 iraqi fighters to arrive in southern Aleppo front
this is bad no?

I believe that's 3 days old, god knows where the houthis have pushed to and how much saudis are defecting because they hate the royals now.

Depends which side you're on, good for the SAA, rather bad for the Sunni Jihadis

For the rebels

>break two-day old """siege""""
>create visible corridor for airstrikes and artillery to aim at

brilliant

I miss the old southfront narrator

Ok, I usually stop by every few weeks so I just guessed it was more (((moderates))) moving in

Hi

I never looked at it like that, but that sounds pretty brilliant

If there is one crooked house that deserves it, it's them. The whole middle east is a mess, and they still haven't paid for 9/11.

It's weird. Don't they have a battle to fight against ISIS in Iraq itself?

Also, foreign fighters (aside from Hizb'allah of course) have been remarkably shit

>...and let the rebel tier be sour

ISIS is almost done for in Iraq, peshmerga is right outside of Mosul as we speak. Iraq gov has a bigger problem in the PKK after ISIS is fully routed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pdZgkGI5h0A

>tfw no qt christian lebanese anti-imperialist gf

Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba Sends 2,000 Fighters to Assist Syrian Army in Aleppo

Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba (HHN) has announced that it had sent some 2,000 fighters in order to assist the Syrian army in the battle for Aleppo.

The HSN is an Iraqi Shia paramilitary. It emerged from the Iraqi paramilitary Asaib Ahl al-Haq (AAH) in 2013. The group is led by AAH co-founder Sheikh Akram al-Kaabi. The HHN receives training, arms and assistance in military planning from Iran.

southfront.org/harakat-hezbollah-al-nujaba-sends-2000-fighters-to-assist-syrian-army-in-aleppo/

Latest Latakia map

I now consider Latakia as actually a habbeding. Kinsabba was pingponged before hence my initial skepticism; but these gains are actually starting to get somewhere.

>fighters

Are they really, or is it just some Shia militias with their fathers AK?

Nah, that looks like a dense residential area. That's a nightmare to secure and would probably take weeks of close qaurter fights.

Hopefully they will shake Idlib area a little bit. After the fireshow we done and after most of the Idlib rebels went to Aleppo. Idlib countryside looks like a decent target.

>ISIS Leader Flees after Robbing Treasury

The ISIS leader who was in charge of Baitul-Mal (the state’s treasury) has reportedly stolen a sizable amount of money and fled along with a number of militants.

Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) official from Mosul said in a statement on Friday that IS Wali (manager) of Baitul-Mal along with three other militants have fled the state to an unknown location after they took out a large amount of money and other valuable archaeological pieces from the state’s treasury known as Baitul-Mal.

IS later executed six guards of the treasury building on charge of facilitating the robbery, the statement added.

southfront.org/isis-leader-flees-after-robbing-treasury/

I don't know that much in detail

The SAA could never advance there, that's just residential block after residential block. Western and South-Western Aleppo are the best areas to stage this kind of thing. Honestly though, I think establishing the siege at that point was clearly premature and they weren't prepared for the counter-attack, so the SAA will take its time before it tries again. For now targeting that corridor around Ramouseh and supplying their parts of the City through Castello Road is probably good enough. Pair this with securing Ghouta etc., which would free some more forces and things would be looking pretty good.

They are pretty good, have beat ISIS in Iraq where Iraqi "army" failed.

You have to remember they are basically Iranian units, and somewhat battle hardened from religiously cleansing Baghdad..

I see, interesting. I guess they will come in from the South and deployed around Ramouseh?
Still though, didn't JAN announce they were sending another 5k fighers to Aleppo?

>Syrian air force destroyed militants convoys moving from #idlib to #Aleppo.

twitter.com/jackshahine/status/762721838325755905

>Reports of military preparations by all Islamic militias in #Azaz, for a major offensive on #SDF controlled areas & #Efrîn, north #Aleppo.

Why would they do this?

Where are they even getting them at this point? If they are still pouring in more troops, that sounds like a bit of a risk. Exposing their base in Idlib.

>SAA makes major advances in #Latakia after massive redeployment of enemy forces to #Aleppo

diff map here too

>major

lel
that's your answer I guess

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-07/putin-senses-syria-victory-that-ll-cement-assad-confound-u-s

PUTIN WANTS TO PUT ASSAD IN CEMENT

That is relatively major for Latakia m8

This is far beyond Kinsabba pingpong now

>a colour for truce

Even so, there's not a lot to be gained there. Aleppo is where the war is being decided, not the edges of Latakia.

anybody knows what is written top right?

Lets get down to business.
youtube.com/watch?v=SeZF3NE55ZE

>my life for souria
>YA BASHAR

The best maps have truce colours - itd be lame to ignore it

Truces are active for example in some West Ghouta areas, northwestern corner of East Ghouta, south of Zabadani, a pocket in SW Damascus, two towns west of Homs

Of course, youre right, Id never claim otherwise

>that production value

Pfff, they can learn something from the Sunni Islamist groups whne it comes to video editing

>PKK
>Iraq

I know their HQ is there, but I haven't heard of the PKK causing problems for Iraq. Do you mean the KRG trying to gain independence?

kurds liberating manbij matters/doesn't matter for SAA ?

I think the Barzanis are in opposition to them

Nope, not really. Kurds will most likely push west to unite the cantons

That picture is at least 5 days old.

kek @ Ivan's Twitter
that palestinian Liwa al-Quds commander with the Glock shirt got a medal awarded by Russians

Sure it does, IS getting rekt is always good. IS have attempted a few counteroffensives (minor north, major west and south of Manbij, and one further southeast across the river) which has kept many of their fighters occupied from potential deployment in east Hama or Homs

repost

the saudis are in trouble so it seems

‘Bring us home,’ plead Filipino migrants stranded in Saudi Arabia

Thousands of Filipino workers stranded in Saudi Arabia due to a massive layoff triggered by a slump in oil prices have pleaded to the Philippine government to expedite their repatriation. Some have not been paid for months and have been forced to scavenge in bins for food, a migrant support group said. Manila said last Friday a team would be sent to the kingdom, which has about 1 million Filipino migrant workers, to provide humanitarian and legal assistance. The team, which will arrive on Wednesday, will focus on those “without food and in dire need of medical care and other support services”. (Reuters)

also

>India To Bring Back Workers Facing 'Food Crisis' In Saudi Arabia

ndtv.com/indians-abroad/india-says-to-bring-back-workers-facing-food-crisis-in-saudi-arabia-1438452

proof, if any was needed, of just how fucking SMALL engagements in this war really are
I worry, anons
what if this is the true face of modern warfare? desperate infantry skirmishes with occasional indirect fires?
is concentration of force simply impossible in the information age?

He looks autistic. Also, how many Shi'a are there in Palestine?

They've been trying, that's why they've been fightng, Kurdistan is not only a thing but has the most NATO/Israeli/US backing out of anyone in Iraq/Syria/Turkey(now that Erdo's gone rogue)

Hey everyone, what did I miss yesterday?
Also
>inb4 t*rk in Germany
Thank God I don't have any relevants here. T*rks in Germany are fucking cancer...

almost all Palestinians are Sunni and so are the lads in pro-government groups like Liwa al-Quds, Palestine Liberation Army, PFLP-GC etc

on holidays?

Trouble? No. They simply do not care.

Kinda

Looks like some Syrian /fit/-poster

ft.com/cms/s/0/da076830-5d77-11e6-a72a-bd4bf1198c63.html

>But the offensive against President Bashar al-Assad’s troops may have had more foreign help than it appears: activists and rebels say opposition forces were replenished with new weapons, cash and other supplies before and during the fighting.

>Two other rebels, who, like all those interviewed, asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject, described cash and supplies being ferried in for weeks. They and others believe the money and supplies came from regional backers, including Saudi Arabia and Qatar, and were sent in trucks across Turkey’s border with Syria.

>“A lot of money has gone in the last month to get all these [rebel] groups to play along [co-ordinate],” said one opposition figure based in Turkey. “That’s the only way you get these guys to work together — you have to pay them.”

>“That is not a crappy rebel group. That’s a well-trained force. They were landing 10 shells within a 100m square radius,” he said, asking not to be named because he suspected there was Gulf or Turkish involvement. “You need someone to train you...in a way someone who understood military doctrine would.”

>Two other opposition figures said one of the Islamist forces aligned with Fatah al-Sham had received outside training in recent months

Dog bless ameriga :D:D

>nitro tech
>r8 muh gains brahs

i went googleing nitro tech

>This advertisement brought to you by Mitsubishi

>“That’s the only way you get these guys to work together — you have to pay them.”
Now imagine taking away their collective enemy Assad

Total. Fucking. Chaos.

won't the gov forces attempt to retake it in the future? or war with kurds would be practically a suicide ?

Those guys had a major role in the Southern Aleppo Offensive and lifting the Nubl and Zaraa siege. They don't run away in battle. And if you see some beheaded "rebels", it was likely them

Shiiet

WHERE THE FUCK IS MINNESOTA?

But Gulf states are built on the backs of expats, if it stops being rewarding for other nationalities to slave there then it will all slowly crumble

If the Filipinos and Indians start leaving Saudi en mass it'll cause real problems for the Saudis. They've made it so that most native Saudis can make more money being unemployed than they ever would working the menial jobs the migrants do.

The Saudi economy is completely reliant on a high oil price and enough migrants to effectively act as slave labour, a million of those not-quite-slaves leaving could bring real shortages in builders, cleaners etc

>#Aleppo From legendary Col. Suheil Hassan, the #Tiger, to the militants: You are now our guests & you'll see the hospitality of your hosts

so is syria at the olympics?

Even native Shia?

Will Duterte do anything about this?

>You live in a time where the Philippines and Saudi-Arabia could be involved in an international conflict

epic

All the buildings will melt away in a decade anyway.

>British special forces at battlefront in Syria

British special forces have appeared for the first time at the battlefront against the radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria.

At least ten soldiers of the British special forces appeared on four vehicles heavily equipped with weapons at the anti-ISIS battlefront in the vicinity of the Al Tanaf base in southeastern Syria, according to pictures released by the BBC on Monday.

“The pictures, which date from June, follow an attack by the so-called Islamic State (IS) on the moderate rebel New Syrian Army base of Al Tanaf on the Syria-Iraq border. The British soldiers appear to be securing the base’s perimeter,” the BBC reported.

aranews.net/2016/08/british-special-forces-battlefront-syria/

video with more pix here

bbc.com/news/uk-37015915

Don't the brits use different vehicles?

BASED

> SAS pulling guard duty on the "moderate" "rebels" base
ahahaha one of their most humiliating moments I'm sure
but at least they're shooting in the right direction for once

I'd rather see them descending into chaos as Syria builds up

If they clear out North Aleppo quick enough, they have a pledged neutrality, so it can alleviate some dudes from northern aleppo front.

It's the images given by the bbc
link here on some page it's stated

"British Special Forces on the ground in Syria are fighting the Islamic State with heavily modified Toyota-based off-roaders"

that's funny man!

Wait, the BBC reported this?
What the fuck?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brunete

Read this, it's literally the battle of Aleppo

I'm not sure about that but they're only about 10% and I think most are concentrated in the East of the country so the major population centres in the west would still be severely short of labour to utilise

On suicide watch.

yeah

bbc.com/news/uk-37015915

twitter.com/sommervillebbc

SITE WITH BRETTY MUCH ALL OF ASSAD'S SPEECHES:

presidentassad.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=90&Itemid=435

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brunete
History repeats itself!

No ideea! Hope he's alright
good night /sg/

Alrighty gents.

This is the key to retaking the artillery base and surrounding countryside. Not to mention prevent a further loss of territory. The quarries are elevated positions and as such provide important fire control over the surrounding countryside.
The artillery school lies at a similar elevation, however the road between the artillery school and the quarries lies much lower, And that is the road the """"rebels"""" have to use to supply their soldiers in Eastern Aleppo.

The other reason I would focus here is because it lies close to SAA supply lines and is mostly open ground. The """"rebels"""" have shown to be very poor at fighting in open ground or defending in it. As such this would likely be easier to take than say the Ramouseh district.

From the quarries is where the SAA can then launch further attacks on areas such as Mushfirah and the elevated countryside around it.

These areas would likely not be as well defended as the artillery school, the 1070 apartments or the Ramouseh district. As they aren't the areas from which the headhchoppers are launching attacks.

Remember the cardinal rule. Attack where your enemy defences are weak, not strong.

WWIII soon

If SAA retakes the border because of the Aleppo battle, it will be a great trade. Without the Turkish border, rebels are done.

hard going over open ground...

Im off folks, keep it comfy and tell the shills to fuck off.

Till next time.

>tries to invade a country
>ends up getting invaded back

>tries to fuck up everyone's oil economy
>ends up fucking up their own oil based economy

Saudis are idiots.