Big budget movie by one of the most popular korena film directors released on a uber popular streaming service

>big budget movie by one of the most popular korena film directors released on a uber popular streaming service
>released just last week
>almost everyone's already forgotten it already

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/449121/okja-pop-aye-childish-sentimental-propaganda
indiewire.com/2017/06/okja-hillary-clinton-reference-tilda-swinton-1201848249/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought the eye was a nipple and it was a fat man's torso from the thumbnail

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
what the fuck are you talking about?
Clearly you didnt forget it. Clearly you havent seen it being constantly posted for the entire past week.

Let me guess, you're still mad at netflix for releasing shows that trump doesnt like?

There has been at least two or three threads about it up on Sup Forums at any given time since it was released. A lot of Netflix subscribers are going to turn it off ten minutes in when they realize half the movie is in Korean anyways.

>bringing Tromp into it

Dunno if you're a nu-Sup Forumsdit falseflagging or an unironic reddito

>expecting the netflix normies, welfare niggers, and gen z kids to appreciate the work of Bong Joon Ho

google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/449121/okja-pop-aye-childish-sentimental-propaganda

>A lot of Netflix subscribers are going to turn it off ten minutes in when they realize half the movie is in Korean
Do plebs really do this? Even though the film is by the same director as Memories of Murder?

So did he do anything wrong?

it sucks and the hippy meesage is shit

>when theaters near me sell expensive popcorns and have so few screening a day, all of them Wonder Woman and Transformers, and they are only going to replace the two titles with Spider-Man and Planet of Apes
>Netflix bypass all their craps and keep putting out new titles that are not capeshits

Was that rape scene necessary?

from the way it's being advertised, you would think it's a heartwarming kid's movie.

I know what you mean senpai

Yeah I'm pretty upset that Netflix is buying all these movies just to keep them out of theatres. If you're not making an event or experience of your film it becomes more disposable.

I literally cried like a woman when the piggu parent's saved their piglet. Still eat meat though.

It was completely amazing, for almost the entire run, but they had to add one too many twists. At the end, as they're walking out of the slaughterhouse, Okja just suddenly eats a baby pig. Like, without that moment, it's a crazy adventure story, that gets really sad, but pulls out a small victory even when things are grim. But the twist makes Okja evil all along. It felt like they just had to make it edgy or something, at the last moment.

yes

You are shit at memes. "Was it rape?" would have been more appropriate.

>muh veganism
No one cares.

The pointless forced breeding.
The Gyllenhaal.
The main characters that don't even try to be sympathetic.

Cared enough to make a comment about it.

"On the nose" doesn't even begin to describe this movie, let alone Bong Joon-ho's other work.

It's not about veganism you brainlet

A lot of koreans are vegetarian faggs at least.

this is the most white girl opinion of all time

asians will never ever be vegan

What are you on about? Let's not just consider the country with the largest amount of vegetarians which is india, but there is significant amount of vegetrians through china korea and japan. Yea they also le eat dog XD, but many Buddhists are vegetarians.

Either way, this movie was propaganda.

I'm not meming, you imbecile. I'm asking what was the point of that scene? What exactly did the bull represent?

Here's what the film was actually about.

>Either way, this movie was propaganda.
This. It's appalling and dishonest.

holy fuck, this is actually blowing my mind a little bit

>blowing my mind a little bit
>t.brainlet

>A lot of koreans are vegetarian

Ever been to korea numbnuts? Apart from a few weirdo buddhists (low in number) everyone eats meat every day. He,, even restaurants which serve food that don't sound like they have meat on, they put meat on anyway, cos everyone fucking eats meat.

neck yourself you dumb fat fuck

people in rooms?

nevermind
i just read this
indiewire.com/2017/06/okja-hillary-clinton-reference-tilda-swinton-1201848249/
it's a tongue-in-cheek reference and of no actual value to the story

>rape scene
Then I must watch this now.

It's there full penetration?

>fuck it up with swearing and hippopig fucking to be a family friendly film
>animal cult terrorist are a bunch of faggots
>le Hillary president like character meme

he fucked up hard, if this was a child aimed film would have been better. Worst Bong movie by far.

No fucking shit, you dumb fuck.

YFW Joe Pesci will be in The Irishman and it will be a Netflix pic

It insisted upon itself

Right, like the train in Snowpiercer was just a train and none of that was making a broader commentary on anything either.

>when there are critics who wrote about that as an "holocaust reference"

>very much intentional by Bong Joon Ho
>no actual value

Didn't he jump out alredy from the project?

Should I go through the effect to pirate this?

I wouldn't bother unless you want emotional blackmail and strawman arguments against eating meat. Or if you want to watch a mutant pig get raped

What the fuck were they even pretending with this movie? It's too strong for little kids, and too silly for adults.

Not comparable. This was for a very brief moment, could be easily missed, and obviously wasn't the main point of the story.

The train in Snowpiercer was the entire setting and arguably the entire point of the movie

>Or if you want to watch a mutant pig get raped

You just alredy sold me the movie, senpai.

Or the dropkicking in Memories of Murder being just comedic violence.

>watch a mutant pig get raped
You can't watch something that happens offscreen. Plus discussing CG pigs breeding isn't much different than aruging with your imaginary friend.

>terrible propaganda movie
>but it's from the favorite korean meme director!
>omg what a masterpiece! such depth! such meaning!

>could be easily missed
>The train in Snowpiercer was the entire setting and arguably the entire point of the movie
Subtlety usually means relevance, especially when Snowpiercer was so on-the-head - the director doesn't want to repeat himself by ramming a message down your throat. You obviously have no idea what is or isn't the "main point" of any given film when you value its commentary at face value, and don't bother looking into it.

>he thinks he can discredit a director and his entire work with a few baseless buzzwords
Try again, retard.

t. triggered retard.
You aren't smart for liking these movies, simpleton.

You faggots really are triggered by literally everything.

I'll believe it when I see it.
There's been rumours that this won't happen.

Plus Scorsese is old and could die next week.

>strawman
Not an argument, sweetie.

As someone who is currently living in Korea, has lived here for 6 years, and has a Korean girlfriend, you are so wrong it's painful.

t. alt-right autist who thinks hes a soldier in a culture war sitting at his computer all day

even the fucking cups match in color

user Everybody can just die next week, even you

>d-dude movie is deep and really makes you think!
Yeah, such a great argument excuse me for just calling out your retardation instead

>War Machine was against Obama's administration
>Okja was against Obama's administration
>Both produced by Plan B

Is Brad Pitt, dare I say, /ourguy/?

As someone with a brain, you're wrong. It's obviously about factory farming. The main character has no issue with eating meat.

Don't give credit of a company to the boss

based english teacher thingken he's smart lmFao

she's kind of cute
look at those kissable lips

>The Host's girl > Okja's girl

I also think the director has a vore fetish

She was exactly like Hillary. Trying so hard to get the public like her even though she's doing horrible things.

You have to read subtitles, while I can tolerate that it turns a lot of people off because its a chore.

It also puts the need of animals above humanity, who are stated to be running out of food. While its certainly humanities fault for over breeding painting mankind as the bad guy turns a lot of people after they've had a chance to digest the story.

The whole "these superpigs will help solve world hunger!" thing was bullshit. The only time it's mentioned is when Mirando is giving press conferences that are already filled with other lies.

Being vegan and attending vegan events, I can tell you plenty of Asians are vegan.
Some for spiritual / religious reasons, some for personal reasons.

>Being vegan and attending vegan events, I can tell you plenty of Asians are vegan.

uhh, sweetie, just because there are asians at vegan events, doesn't mean plenty of asians are vegans x

What kind of bait is this, it's too retarded even for a bait

Gen Z shit eaters and breathers are truly subhuman.
They are literally lesser human beings.