Parks and Recreation

Can we talk about Parks and Recreation? I see it recommended here all the time but never any threads about it, which I think is a shame. It's one of those rare shows that actually stayed consistently good the whole way through and made sure to end before it overstayed its welcome.

I don't get the appeal. What's so good about this show?

It's funny.

Did anne and chris leave on their own or were they removed from the show? either way it was a good decision, they were the two worst characters on the show
then again that was the same season they added the angry gay stereotype character. What a fucking atrocity, they even had the nerve to give him an ending in the finale

Huh? Chris was one of the best characters. He's no Ben or Andy, true, but he was up there. Rob Lowe is a god.

Chris was a one note character and was terrible fuck you

At first he was, but he gained a lot of depth over the course of the show, much like Ben.

I absolutely hate that gay character. Literally the most awful, forced character I can remember in any show that I've seen. It was so out of place and contrived. God I fucking hate that guy.

Leslie became so unfunny when they gave her character development.

I don't understand the point of that character either, which is strange since Parks and Rec usually had pretty good characters. If it was supposed to be pandering he sure was a weird way to do it.

Leslie and Ben > Pam and Jim

Andy and April > Both

Billy Eichner basically plays the same character in everything he's in. He's usually enjoyable, but the character didn't really mesh with the general vibe of Parks and Rec.

so true tbqhfampai

Oh, so it's a running joke of some sort. I didn't know since I hadn't seen him before, but that explains why he's so unfitting.

This. I just don't get it. He was so brash whereas most of the other characters are somewhat low key and comfy.

>low key
Tom Hiddleston should have been in this show.

It's a watered down version of the Office for women.
The racially ambiguous brown woman is a lesbian, or bisexual or something.
Amy Poehler is also sexually ambiguous.
Will Arnett started banging broads left and right when he bought into his own Bojack bullshit, Poehler dumped his ass for it and for awhile her and overtanned woman were fucking while Arnett fucked everything under 24 that looked like it could move.
Note how none of the male characters are overly manly, and the ones who do have masculine characteristics are caricatures at best and inept at worst; meanwhile, the women are perfect angels that do no wrong.
It's a weird fucking show that informs millenial women that men should be good looking goofballs with exagerated male characteristics and women are perfect no matter how big of a cunt they act like.
Also, Aziz Ansari is the biggest faggot in this show. He stabbed his girlfriend 20 times once with an ink pen back in 2012 or so.

Poehler and Rashida Jones really were fucking? I always thought there was a spark between them. Just some really great chemistry.

They were totally fucking. Jones is a confirmed bisexual and Poehler dumped Arnett towards the end of this show or after.

But why would a chad work at local government when they can get a real job