Does anyone else really really hate Youtube now...

Does anyone else really really hate Youtube now? Its becoming this place for long winded nerds and idiots and people who ridiculously opinionated about useless things, the video quality has plummeted and sometimes it feels like videos have gotten so long its writing checks its ass can't cash, with extremely repetitive music meant for 3 minute videos stretched to 10, or 20, or cult brainwashing videos being marketed as 'how-to'.

I'll just post some examples:

The Neverending but Profitable Beauty Bloggers (pic related)

Faux-Intellectualism Dressed In Cliche Smart Person Thoughts

youtube.com/watch?v=3MT71ZJpMkA

youtube.com/watch?v=sPIispN_4Co

Extremely Stupid and Bigoted Content
youtube.com/watch?v=MCdGpUKx87A

Political Cancer
youtube.com/watch?v=o_SbhAjewtc

Youtube Drama
youtube.com/watch?v=-Vyvv7P6Ldo&t=209s

DOES THAT NEED AN HOUR AND 5 MINUTES? I mean really get a grip.

Am I wrong or what, what went wrong and can it be saved? Maybe its time to close this site down honestly, its time has passed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/wdtvlive42/videos
youtu.be/3ZZIx3X_-VI
youtube.com/watch?v=yGG73AhCIRk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MY DAD'S A CHEF YOU THINK THAT'S GREAT

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

>Does anyone else really really hate Youtube now?

I fucking can't stand it. I can't stand the talking head shit. I can't even watch it any more.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I probably don't care. I'll tell you what my gripe with youtube is though.
>be listening to album
>ad starts playing half way through
>ad keeps playing
>ad keeps playing
>finally get up, the ad is 28 minutes long
>hands are filthy from work
>press "skip ad" with nose
>fucking youtube amirite

get adblock what are you 11 years old

If you don't like someone's content, why don't you just watch someone else who makes what you like?

i can't stand half the internet

>old people/infants on the internet problems

>Hey guys, do you want to see the new epic Stephen Colbert video?
I have literally never watched one of them yet they are suggested to me every fucking day. In fact they're on the front page constantly in spite of having low six digit views.

I'm mad at all that shitty normie content making bazillon views somesometimes, but I just don't watch it

i haven't seen an ad on youtube in years

Oh fuck off.
You only have yourself to blame if you get mad about something on YouTube.
No one, NO ONE is forcing you to watch it. Turn it off it you don't like it.

what's an alternative video site

Bump for subject matter

Like music, most of it is shit, but there's still amazing stuff being made all the time, it's just mostly niche.

You do realize the site's not the problem, you are.

Turn to a different channel on youtube.

whens the new youtube layout

they can't resist changing it for absolutely no reason

Youtube is amazing. This channel for example is literally a goldmine:

youtube.com/user/wdtvlive42/videos

Sup Forums doesn't care about that

they're subscribed to their waifus, and jerk off to their videos. lot of them make ASMR videos. they make a buck off beta lonely virgins from Sup Forums (which are just /r9k/ crossposters). It's pathetic. It's absolutely pathetic.

adblock/YouTube Red/buying the album/pirating the album

Willy Wonka edited to look like a horror movie, a woman opining on whether one can be too nice, a guy listing rap lyrics which can be interpreted as homosexual (how the fuck is this bigoted?), a news program, and some other guy talking about an event he went to.
It's not like The Young Turks, or AVGN are over a decade old or anything. It's not like vlogs were ever a thing, or that Tobuscus wasn't making his own parody trailers over half-a-decade ago.

Youtube is made by all kinds of random people like you and me, not hired by hollywood. If literally none of those people are creating content you like, then maybe you're just impossible to please.

youtu.be/3ZZIx3X_-VI

>Not being into woke YouTubers.
SAD!

can we talk about our asmrfus

Survival Lily is entertaining and I learn something
youtube.com/watch?v=yGG73AhCIRk

I just wanted to make some stupid videos as a goof and garner an audience of maybe 15 people, but I'll just do it on vid.me instead because youtubers are so insane they assume everyone wants to be super popular and have youtube as a career
pic related is a youtuber who browses Sup Forums and he's trying to build a youtube career by reading Sup Forums posts about channel awesome, if that's the point you reached in life you might as well give it all up and hang yourself

Daily Motion is pretty good

That's why I hate it. I literally could not give a fuck what any of these people have to say about anything.

>what went wrong?

That's the problem, it was never "right". A long time ago youtube was just a vehicle to upload copyrighted content (music, Howard Stern, movie clips, etc). Then you got people doing things like recording stunts and pranks. Then it became lots of reviews of whatever.

Now it's just someone sitting in front of a camera ranting, or playing a video game (which for some reason people enjoy watching).

It's literally fucking cancer.

l o w e f f o r t c o n t e n t

>still up
All news related threads are now related too
thanks Sup Forums janny

Explain the Superhero videos. Those are the fucking worst.

You forgot the one thing that redeems youtube: Listening to you're waifu describe ancient canned food and the interesting history and facts about it.

If they're doing shit in a single room with 1mil+ jump cuts it's shit

If if it's food travel videos where they interact with the locals and show how the food is made it's youtube kino or in a single room with minimal jump cuts and actually talking about something without a poor attempt at a family guy cutaway gag or if it's something that I like

People spouting their opinions about stuff is not the only content on youtube. There's fight videos, sketches, pranks, video games, asmr, dancing, music etc..

All shit I don't care about

this.

pretty much anything with food is worth watching tbqh, even videos with really annoying hosts, because you still get to see food.

another underrated genre is waifus surviving in the wild

All I know about is Steve and that one finnish guy who made ES and sausage macaroni.

Youtube is just a place to upload any videos. It has literally every kind of video you could want, including some tv shows and movies. If you don't like any of it then you simply aren't entertained by videos.

I can't browse it anymore. All my recommended videos are SJW swill like Family Guy, John Oliver, or the Kardashians, despite me watching none of those things.

I only use youtube to listen to obscure black metal demos and watch old b-horror movies.
*tips*

guess you better kill yourself then, backwards conservacuck.

imagine being this gay

Terrible liberal based moderation

go cry about youtube some more, precious snowflake.

>le TRIGGERED, special snowflake? trololol xD
Why do redditors have to ruin every meme?

Absolutely. I remember when I would go to the homepage and there was a wide range of content, it really was for the average joe. But once you could make money of off it, then it became the cancer that it is today. Clickbait, let's play, fast cut edits, current events people in front of the camera talking a lot but saying nothing, reviewers with dumb gimmicks, reviewers who talk about everything about the product except the actual product in depth, etc... all in a race to produce quantity not quality. There's still good content but you just can't randomly come across it like it used to be.

she did a video where she trying different robe, she soooo fine, dammmmmmn.....

>There's still good content but you just can't randomly come across it
That's what makes me sad. Touching or using Youtube in any way is just disagreeable in general because I know that there's an invisible window between the good content which I enjoy and other instances of good content.

>try to search some video or song
>20 different nightcores
>no original
Only problem i have with youtube

nice

>with extremely repetitive music meant for 3 minute videos stretched to 10, or 20
Didn't YT up the need for videos to be longer in order to get ad revenue?

No but the longer it is the more ads you can stick in your video.

Thank all the retards who dont use adblock.

There is some great stuff on yt, but most of it is shit.

Its turned into the same thing as every other form of media.

Zero educational content unless you're a complete beginner.

When I found out there were people making a good living by buying children's toys and opening them up while filming themselves.

I have no words for how that makes me feel

Watched her vlog in Vancouver Island while on acid

I was so worried for her and started to try and give her tips.

>now
fucking underage

good goy

>there are still people who haven't heard of Adblock
>these are the people you share a board with
christ

jealous?

He's clearly talking about youtube on his phone

I watched that Sargon interview on Rogan. Good lord is that man full of himself and these petty arguments. Who gives a shit about what different channels on youtube are bitching about.
I only watch youtube for creepy videos or public lectures by intellectuals.

its full of indians spamming videos and liberals being salty. i never followed any youtubers anyway but dunkey and idubbz guy are fun to watch.

I just use it for music and old, out of copyright movies. Sometimes a breastfeeding video too.

Sargon also kept meme speaking and it was getting pretty aggravating. The look on Sargon's face when Joe said something like just go outside, was hilarious. Dudes a fucking shut in.

>there are still people who haven't heard of uBlock Origin
>these are the people you share a board with
christ

>clearly
Don't use words you don't understand

The fact that Sargon was 3hours long and Bill Burr is only 1hr is a facking joke

You're watching the wrong channels.
Get better taste

Who this? Who this?

That's pretty funny.

I'm depressed at how disconnected I am with normal society

Half of the content on YouTube is low grade, lowest common denominator crock. Be it the "watch me play a video game and make shitty jokes", "lol being a nerd is so cool" or "cute girl talks about literally nothing" videos I just feel sad that I cannot help but get angry that these people are making money. Smosh, PewDiePie, etc are all fucking horrible

The only YouTube channels I subscribe to are CGP Grey and Zero Punctuation

>The ability to add or edit annotations ended May 2
>What’s changed? As announced in March, YouTube turned off the ability to add or edit annotations.
>Why this change? Annotations are outdated. They don’t even work on mobile devices, which represent 60% of YouTube watch time. And annotation usage has dropped by 70% as creators switch to cards and our new end screens.
You know, I've been okay with Youtube's bullshit for a long time but this crosses the line.

>I'm depressed at how disconnected I am with normal society
>watches reddit wick and all other meme pleb garbage television shows

>Hands filthy from work
>Press skip ad with nose

Implying he's using his touch screen phone while utilizing a real world skill, most likely mechanical.

>What are you, some kind of dork? ADBLOCK ADBLOCK ADBLOCK ADBLOCK

Didn't know tv was full of neets and autisits.

Burr's on all the time, that's why I think it's no big deal. I can't imagine Sargon will ever want to go on again. That fucking advanced civilization topic made him look like a fucking idiot.

>Didn't know tv was full of neets and autisits.
Sounds like you don't belong here.

Since youtube was taken over by google it has been shifting towards a tool to be used by corporations rather than an indipendent content site. Same has happened with LITERALLY every prevelant social media site. It now targets children/teenagers as they watch the most ads, watch videos to the end and watch channels the most consistently. Bigger youtube Ecelebs are just now extensions of the site figureheads and pander to the will of the site. Youtube knows that shitty vlog style content gets the most ads watched as its the most frequent content in terms of videos and minutes watched so it relentlessly markets vlog channels on its featured segments. and de-monetizes long form content (like animations/video essays).

It has happened in stages over the years like a slow boiling of the frog and people have just become apathetic to it due to years of youtube edging slightly further and further, pushing boundries of what they can get away with and people have just become exhausted with complaining about it and eventually put up with it.

The worst part of all of this is that youtube is ruining the next generaton. I have a little brother who watches nothing but lets plays. He has a friend come around the house maybe once a week but youtube has completely replaced his need for social interaction similary to how this shithole has replaced mine. except i discovered this place when i was 17 in 2007 and had most of my social skills and he discovered youtube when he was 3 and isnt developing any social skills at all. Having a vlogger or letsplayer constantly talk to you is like having a virtual friend where you dont have to respond or get challenged with the actual hardships of social interaction. Its really fucked up and i guarantee that there will be a surge of men in 10 years or so who dont reproduce (similar to japan but for different reasons) because of the effect things like youtube have had on this generation.

Its different for women, i can expand if anyone wants.

If there was an alternative that could compete with YouTube it would have the exact same problems you nonce.

But they were unnecessary. The only thing people used them for were "oops I now know info in this video is wrong!" Or using them to take up the entire screen. Who gives a shit

I've only used youtube to watch music videos, weird indie diy stuff, and a few podcasts. I don't even know what any that shit is in the OP. Most of the recommended and trending stuff on youtube is absolute shit. I don't have to click on it, to know this.

Annotations were always as obnoxious as shit.

So use firefox and adblock on your phone, dipshit. The device being used changes nothing

Well, that´s your own fault matte. The whole point is you can choose what yo watch so how about you try and don´t watch shit?

Some channels are pretty useful way to get quick reviews, overviews or information about any topic, even obscure specific ones.

You can totally avoid most political or retarded topics... except SJW and PC shit. The fuckers are everywhere.

>Skip ad with nose
At least read the entire thing before going full retard, okay lil buddy?

>Didn't know tv was full of neets and autisits.
Get the fuck outta here.

>He doesn't move his mouse with his nose
Unbelievable

Don't they demand shekels for adblock?

> reddit wick and all other meme pleb garbage television shows

wat?

Admittedly I don't know much about Sargon. Has he any experience/education in history/politics? Looking at his wiki he seems all over the place, what with flirting with the idea of Sanders over Trump/Clinton. Backing Le Pen (and as myself being half French is fucking joke) and backing Brexit

Why are there so many fucking redditors here

I'm preparing to do a set of book reviews and upload them to YouTube. That's it. I'm pretty sure there isn't a market, but if I did one every two weeks I think it'd be a fun way to promote books I've recently read and enjoyed. I was going to do "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman followed by "The Closing of the American Mind" by Alan Bloom. I'm currently reading Rousseau's "Confessions" and that could also be a good book to talk about. Point is, I'd like to make these for fun, and if anybody watches them, great. If not? There's plenty of others with dead content circulating out there.

Internet is just the new television. You have every choice in what content you choose to watch or create. I don't watch the things you described because they're not something I enjoy. I haven't found any dedicated book reviewers so I've decided to try my hand at my own videos. Make content you enjoy, OP. The tools are there.

No.

>being mad at shit that doesn't directly affect you
How to spot a brainlet.

>implying that things that affect society dont affect you

Whos the real brianlet?

You do realize that the internet is what sets the zeitgiest for the next generation right?

Youtube has always been useless normie aids that people play when they're eating a snack.

You fucking newfag.

None. He's just a dude with a YouTube channel who gets most his base knowledge from wikipedia and other fellow YouTubers. That's the problem with a good bulk of these YouTubers, they don't actually have to know what the fuck they are talking about. Him and this other guy named ArmouredSceptic are constantly getting shit wrong and shift views to what's popular with their base. They're just chasing that Anti dollar.

Sargon's thing is to usually say "I don't know enough about it" when asked about something he spent full videos talking about. He goes out of his way to avoid actually discussing shit since he just spouts wiki articles without having any understanding.

>You do realize that the internet is what sets the zeitgiest for the next generation right?
I don't even understand what you're talking about so it doesn't really matter to me.