Scott Pilgrim

Hey guys, guess what time it is? Time for volume 1 of Scott Pilgrim. Why you ask? Because why not!

Also because O'Malley has announced today he's doing some new graphic novels set in Las Angeles and is doing the art himself, with a return to a classic Scott Pilgrim style. Fingers crossed for a Best SP Girl cameo there.

Show of hands also, who here hasn't actually read SP before? This comic is divisive as fuck on this board, new readers seem like they'd be a rarity.

Let's get this started.

HIPSTER BULLSHIT

I'm actually surprised lately by how the hate for this has died down. There's still detractors, because fairly there's a lot of things that can turn someone off of this as much as there is reason to like it, but the anger seems to have passed. Is it because tumblr is the new enemy of choice rather than hipsters, or did people just get less angry over time?

>Is it because tumblr is the new enemy of choice rather than hipsters
yes. because
>hate on Sup Forums
>dying down
you can't go 2 threads without it descending into a shitfest of reeing about tumblr and/or Sup Forums

By the way, I'm reading along too. This is a reread for me, it has been a few years, so sorry if posting speed sometimes slows down. Means I'm probably skimming the last few pages.

Also I'm not skipping any pages here (at least unless the cbz didn't include them and my copies of the first four books are unreachable at the moment to check). The numbering just jumps from 9 to 12

The guitar tabs are a nice touch

I'm pretty much with Kim here.

RATED T FOR TEEN

This is a really good comic, and not hipster bullshit at all

As a huge fan of it, it also is hipster bullshit.

>captcha presents a street sign with a big X on it
IT KNOWS

Wallace is completely right there also. Scott a shit. Knives deserves better.

And now we get to meet Ramona. Who is also a shit. She and Scott are made for each other

Other Scott has the right stance on Scott's weird bullshit

oh fug

Scott you really deserve basically everything bad that happens to you in this series. At least up till book 4 or 5 when the universe turns even worse.

Also this is our first introduction to the big ex he has a giant hangup on! I actually forgot we saw his band with Envy in this way this early on.

This your first time reading it?

Also, these lyrics are really dead on for the end of their relationship. It is implied to have been ugly. On both sides

I can't parse Ramona's reaction here. Is she feeling awkward about the head travel thing? Or is she just kind of into him too and they're both feeling weird?

I legit forgot these two existed. They didn't really make it into the movie like a lot of content, just for pure space reasons.

I always took it as her thinking Scott's "Am I dreaming?" was a come-on. Like, she's the girl of his dreams.

Julie has no off mode on her bitch switch

>O'Malley has announced today he's doing some new graphic novels set in Las Angeles and is doing the art himself,
I hope it fails.

I mean given how slow he works and how they're expected to each be 300+ pages, they probably will. I'll still check out the first one. I like his weird cartoon-anime style, samefaces and all.

Bacon makes everything better

This really dates when it is supposed to happen. Wasn't Amazon just an online book thing in the late 90s?

Scott, you are a waste of life at this point in the story.

It was a thing until the late 2000's, like 05 or 07 something like that.

I was in high school at that time and recall it was more than just books and CDs. Maybe that was just a weird artifact of his writing, fuck if I know.

>is this your right credit card info on here
Did they even proofread this before shipping or it's supposed to be a joke?

I've heard people say that before. It isn't good english but it is something people say.

Scott has a real way with women.

Inferior Canadian schooling on display here. I guess their special videogame battle classes make up for it at least.

>"hey, I ordered these books/cds online so I could talk to you, and even though I'm a socially inept dork, do you wanna go out?
>"fuck it, why not."

Wait till you see the line up of exes. Scott is a step up. I might do volume 2 tonight. We're more than half through this one and we'll see how I'm feeling at the end.

I've read the whole fucking series, dude. I have all the copies sitting on my bookshelf.

what this comic makes no sense

Sorry then. You are right, it is super creepy of him.

Really? The narrative is really pretty straightforward as things go.

No need for saying sorry. You didn't know, as we are mostly anons.

Magic doorway!

WHO THREW THE FUCKING POTION!? WAS I YOU, TOAD!?