Hypercrisis thread?

Hypercrisis thread?
Who is the Empty Hand, and is he related to the hand Krona saw at the Big Bang?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/17/grant-morrison-batman-v-superman-wonder-womans-pacifist-roots
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon
www76.zippyshare.com/v/PpdaHzBz/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Empty Hand is the opposite of the hand of creation, I think.

The hand of creation was shown in CoIE to actually be the Anti-Monitor reaching into the point of creation and the Spectre pulling him out. The image of the hand is more metaphorical than literal.

The hand of creation in DCU is the last death gasp of Galactus as he brings about the new world

The DCU runs off of readers' expectations for narratives. We get superheroes saving the day because we want to read about superheroes saving the day.

The Empty Hand represents what happens when we start artificially keeping those stories going when they are not fulfilling that positive purpose. When readers start craving the conflict of a story with no resolution, then the Gentry are allowed to flourish, and the Empty Hand follows.

For newfags

Hypercrisis is too real

The hand that you don't use to fap

>you killed my boobie spiders you jerk
Dude what

Does someone have the posts that user made connecting stuff about molecular structures to the structure of the DC multiverse?
Or how the map of the DC multiverse that Grant made lines up with something about chemistry?

Here you go, senpai.

Thanks user.

I thought the Empty Hand is just the hand that erases and the Hand is the hand that draws

I'm probably not the first person to notice but-
I hope I didn't just derail the thread

Fuck off Mousekeeper

YOU are the empty hand. Wen you close the comic, you destroy a world. you kill them every time.

He's a duplicate of Dr. Manhattan who was corrupted the same way Mandrak was, that's why Dr. M stole time and love as a way to fight him.

I was that user.

I noticed something looking through that.

It mentions how Krypton-88 is an isotope with 52 neutrons.

'88 was the year that Killing Joke was published, and the year that marked the beginning of Morrison's Animal Man run.

has grant made any sort of statement regarding his opinion on bvs?

5 seconds in google.
theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/17/grant-morrison-batman-v-superman-wonder-womans-pacifist-roots

>2015

Yes, that was the last Grant Morrison made a comment on the movie. Your point?

way I see it Doctor Manhattan's manipulations of DC's history as revealed by Rebirth will in turn be revealed to be caused by The Empty Hand manipulating him from the shadows, thus making true the claims from Johns that in spite of his actions Doctor Manhattan is in fact not the villain here

The pure scale of this threat is so baffling and interesting that it makes me want to see more but I know it's just some metaphor bull shit and we'll probably not get any more of it.

So I just started the first episode of Stranger Things and saw this. Is Demogorgun a name from something other than gentry or hypercrisis spread to this show?

>is he related to the hand Krona saw at the Big Bang?
No. The creation hand belongs to DOOM!

Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose. Less you know, better.

The fuck happened to the subtitles.
Here, same scene referring to Demogorgun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Hickman pls go

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon
Might be more in line with what Morrison was going for.
Time to learn more about the gentry known as Demogorgun.

>primordial god
>saying his name was taboo
Did the gentry have some sort of thing about saying their name?

In Prometheus Unbound Demogorgon is named as the child of Jupiter and Thetis. Demogorgun would then share the same mother as Achilles as well as the mother whose marriage led to the Trojan War.

>batman doesnt kill joker because its muh one rool
>in reality, he's keeping him alive so he can play cops and robbers forever
So batman is the empty hand?

And Milton mentions him in Paradise Lost as a being not of Hell or Heaven but an unformed region of chaos outside existence.
A primordial demon being that resides outside existence does match the gentry.

Other places it mentions Demogorgon in literature include Orlando Furioso, Moby Dick and Faustus.

He seems to be a ruler over fate in several works.

one hand holds the comic, the empty hand turns the page
the empty hand represents the market demands, the empty hand is a malevolent force because for a while now the market demands contrived drama, sensationalist killing off, desecration of what's pure, and general suffering across the board.

The empty hand is implied to have conquered Marvel's ultimate universe prior to Multiversity. the Ultimate universe was by design edgier than 616, nearly everyone was an asshole, Captain America was a small minded bigot, Hawkeye was practically deathstroke with a bow, Iron Man was so mentally disturbed his brain birthed an infinity stone, Spider-Man died, Reed Richards became a truly horrfyng supervillain, Ultimatum happened, and finally the universe was perma-destroyed in the last incursion. THAT is the Empty Hand. The Empty Hand is all the people who voted for Jason Todd to die. The Empty Hand is the force that compelled writers to have Joker cut his own face off, the Empty Hand is what compelled writers to treat The Killing Joke as being in-continuity. There are no happy endings, certainly no happily ever after, Heroes are only allowed to rest when they have lost everything that made them heroic in the first place, and even then only when people are bored of seeing them wallow at rock bottom.

"The end will come when I decree. Not yet."

>Reed Richards became a truly horrfyng supervillain
To be fair, this was only because Sue Storm came to him from the future and told him that if he didn't do all this horrific shit no one would survive the final incursion, and she was right.

Has anyone ever asked Morrison what he thinks about Hypercrisis fandom?

while true, besides the point. Reed and Sue, all the characters, only do what the writer has them do, and the writer (for the most part) obeys the empty hand, the 'invisible hand' of the free market that had been held back by the comics code authority.

There's probably something to be read into how the 'tide turning blow' struck against the CCA was Harry Osborn taking pills without their approval

[unintelligibly scottish britishisms]

>cackles maniacally
>throws a crystal ball to the ground
>it breaks, the room fills with smoke
>the smoke clears and Grant has been replaced by a cardboard cutout of himself, holding the unbroken crystal ball

Up yer clunge!

Also in some promo art of the suicide squad, Joker is accompanied by eyes with batwings.

Sadly i don't have it

It's also Neo-Nazi for 'Hail Hitler'.

I suppose we could own it as 'Hail Hydra'.

Multiverse. He destroyed a multiverse.

Also: you either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain?

It's all part of the plan.

Yes, but that was in another universe.

Several posts just disappeared. Guys, I am getting scared.

If I hear a knock on my door -

I need to start using Demogorgon

Nah that has been the Superman/Batman logo in the comics for over a decade. If Grant was referencing it he would have been more direct like he was with Superdoom.

That and they don't really look that similar to me anyway beyond batwings if you want to go unintended connections.

No need to ask. Multiversity itself reads as a commentary on it. All the "it's not the same when dissected" and "don't let comics take over your life" stuff.

Not that we listened.

Which ones? I don't see any greyed out deleted posts.

no you weren't. if you were you'd have the original 3.93MB file from before it was resized and posted.

www76.zippyshare.com/v/PpdaHzBz/file.html

Here is a pdf paper on Hypercrisis that was lost for some time then recently found. I recomend everyone who is interested in hypercrisis to read it.

It seems to have corrected itself now.

You were saying?

Dude stop trying to steal my work.

>Square Enix app game called 'Imaginary Range'
>It's about people using imagination as a collectible resource to alter the world and summon things
>Monsters look oddly familiar
It's fucking spreading.

^MM()MM^

Refresh the page.

Slave.

This is the hero we need. Colonel Sanders would beat the shit out of the villains, the HARD way.

Do we need more evidence? Commercial characters turned into superheroes. The heroic ideal corrupted into 'eat at Joe's'. A comic devoted to an escapee from 'Foodfight'.

The page auto updates. People still refresh?

There's still a timer on it. I usually get impatient and click to check on my own for new replies.

but there's an update button at the bottom of a page. you don't need to hit f5

Your pessimism is delicious.

he never said F5, just refresh

so to recap,
Wonder Woman has had her backstory and destiny fucked with
there's three jokers, and Batman is training a squad to fight against what Wally warned him about
Wally got the rest of the titans to remember him, doesn't seem to have a plan yet. is #2 out yet?
Speedforce is handing out powers like candy on halloween, Barry thinks its because he's soon going to need a lot of help, but someone named Godspeed is gonna start killing the newbies off
Chinese Bootleg Superman got his powers from a process awfully reminiscent to how ManHat got his, but without the putting himself back together bit
Gotham and Gotham Girl may or may not have gotten their powers in a similar way, all we know is it took a lot of money and an overseas trip
Green Arrow and Black Canary are reforging their stolen relationship
Earth is getting weird earthquakes, and there's like four different forces making zombie-like hoards around the world
and 'the monster men coming' is something so terrible its making people anhero

anything else directly or indirectly connected to Doc Manhattan and/or Empty Hand so far?

I think most of what you've said isn't meant to be connected to Manhattan. It will just be normal story arcs. Like the monster men thing is just the Orlando crossover.

We can still hypercrisis it together as meaningful connections but it's still important to not confuse that with what is actually canon.

Psycho Pirate is running around.

>It will just be normal story arcs.

Seriously a lot of that shit is just business as normal for the DCU.

basically I'm expecting a 'all those things done by those villains? IT WAS ME, I ORCHESTRATED THEIR MISDEEDS' thing when they finally get around to tackling the blue nudist, no matter how little sense it might make in hindsight

what was that theory from like a year ago about morrison and someone slese worming together suring secret wars to subtly tie dc and marvel together

Real men refresh the hard way.

They gave Marvel some "8" designation like how it is E8 in Multiversity.

E8 in Multiversity - Marvel Universe is the 8th incarnation of its universe.

>Marvel Universe is the 8th incarnation of its universe.
DC universe at the time of Multiversity was also the 8th incarnation.

are Ewing and Morrison even acquainted?

Wait shit that's not the full thing. I think the incarnations leading to the 8th with Multiveristy were:
1-original universe
2-multiverse and anti-matterverse from Kronos
3-1 universe after CoIE
4-revised universe after Hal tampering inZero Hour
5-the 52 universes made in Infinite Crisis and by Mr Mind in 52
6- the Flashpoint universe made by flash
7- the nu52 revised universe
8- the new infinite multiverses and return of old universes with Convergeance and Multiversity

If that's Dream he might paraphrase that statement, but not actually SAY it that way. It would be loftier.

That's Morrison. He wrote himself into the last issue of Animal Man.

Those things are weird the same way a lot of Yokai are weird or Night Gaunts are weird. Sounds scary, actually kind of goofy or funny. Although, Night Gaunts are more "actually looks scary, the way they act is surprising. Would you expect something that looks that way to treat you the way they do? (It's like if a Shoggoth was chasing you so it could sit you down and make you tea)

>posting in /hyp/
>hasn't read Animal Man

Yeah, but the Anti-Monitor already died like a bitch.

>TFW he says "Do you really think I would explain my masterstroke to you if there was the slightest chance of you stopping it? I did it 35 years ago"

Ah.

Nightgaunts tickle you, don't they? Freaks.

>see this youkai? it hides in your toilets and tongues your anus when you shit. pretty spooky, right?

>blaming batman

You're the one keeping Joker alive, you idiot, the same way you're the one who lets the Joker keep escaping from Arkham.

>The Empty Hand is the force that compelled writers to have Joker cut his own face off
I always knew Snyder was a supervillain.