New52

So, I missed most of the new 52.

Was Batwoman any good?

Any series with particularly noteworthy art?

Batwoman had okay writing and great art, but stop when you reach the writer change

Flash also had okay writing and great noteworthy art, and also stop when you reach the writer change

Gotham Academy had great writing and great art
the latest arc called Yearbook is just alright though, so you can skip it and join in with the relaunch coming up

All New All Different Batwoman that needs no man and is a lesbian too.

People only praise it for the art and because is not made by Marvel

Never been a huge fan of the flash, but might check this out.
I read some of Earth2 when it was being published, but got bust with other stuff and forgot about it. Might go back to it.
>People only praise it for the art
That is a-ok by me.

Are there any books that have small ensembles anchored by a single hero?

Batwoman was good.

It got pretty dark too.

Like, dead kids and shit.

Is the Deathstroke book any good?

Don't bother going back to earth 2. Once Robinson left it went to shit.

the tony daniel one is amazing i love the art he now doing the art for justice league

Wonder Woman by Azz
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Aquaman by Johns
Multiversity
Omega Men
Prez
Justice League 3000
Flash
Also, I liked most of Justice League desu familia

First eight issues are legit good, then it goes to shit.

Earth 2 is shit after Robinson left.

Abnett only just started making it decent again.

Wonder Woman if you like Chiang's art.

Green Arrow by Sorentino.

Jae Lee did great work on Batman Superman, though the story is incredibly mediocre.

Aquaman with Ivan Reis looks phenomenal.

xD

This is the kind of mongoloid who actually likes Tony Daniel, look at him and laugh.

Most of the New 52 series started off with great art, then went to utter dogshit.

Batwoman was good up until the creative team changes. You'll know the change when you get there.

Swamp Thing also has great art pretty much throughout the New 52 run.

I also love the art in the ACO issues of Midnighter. Worthwhile book overall.

>manapul to booth
>chiang to finch
>capullo to finch
>jwiii/mccarthy to whoever the hell got on batwoman

>xD
>this pass as a counterargument

Why are Batwoman fans so arrogant?
They also get extremely autistic if you point out she is just a gimmick created to leech off a popoular IP

Well to be fair Capullo to Finch is New 52 -> Rebirth, but yeah those were all some real fucking downgrades. At least Action got to upgrade to Kuder.

But tony daniel is a good artist.

Fuck his writing tho.

>tony daniel is a good artist.
I think so, never read enough to comment

What was up with Yearbook? Did Karl suddenly decide to leave and they had trouble getting a full team together or something? I enjoyed that arc a good bit, but it was a strange to suddenly turn into an Anthology book.

Batwoman is great.

Can't fault the art, that's pretty gorgeous, I just have little to no interest in a lesbian ex-soldier being discount Batman.

Are there at least well drawn sex scenes?

DEMON KNIGHTS, probably the best book out of them all.

Noteworthy art?

Animal Man

Batwoman

Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

Red Hood & The Outlaws

>Rocafort was wasted on Lobdell's shit and Teen Titans
The fuck was DC thinking

>Red Hood & The Outlaws
Hehe, OP here, I actually enjoyed that. Never finished that either, maybe I will.

Errrr... Sure.

I thought that the art in the Flash was good.

And then Booth came along. Along with Venditti writing.

How the fuck do they still have jobs

Anyone have any inside info on Alice and Flamebird? reappearance announced/hinted?

>gimmick created to leech off a popoular IP
They actually did everything in their power to differentiate her. She literally had nothing to do with Batman until she crossed paths with him while already doing vigilante work.
Which makes it all the more dumb that DC seems hellbent on making her a member of the Batfamily. She literally had no ties to them other than "fights crime, lives in gotham"

>She literally had no ties to them other than "fights crime, lives in gotham", and "dresses like a bat"
fix'd

Green Arrow with Andrea Sorrentino has great art and the writing was good.

>Once Robinson left it went to shit.
And when Abnett took over it became decent again.
Skip everything in between, but give the recent arc a try.

If you've read Hitman, you need to read All-Star Section 8.
And a new book, Six-Pack and Dog Welder - Hard Traveled Heroez, is coming soon.

>she has nothing to do with Batman! she is just called Batwoman and operates in Gotham!
>she is a totally original character with no ties to Batman! REEEEEEEE!!

literally OC Donut steel level of delusion

If you'd actually ever read a comic with her in it, you'd know that was true.

If you start getting curious about Convergence, skip the main book and only read all the tie-ins.
The main book is shit, drawn out to ridiculous length, following the worst written characters at the time.
The tie-ins ranged from surprisingly good(Blue Beetle by Lobdell) to goddam amazing(Justice Society of America), with interesting match ups and situations.

Ones I read recently and enjoyed
>Teen Titans
>Red hood and the outlaws

Batwomen was really inconsistent
It would be great for a while and then in one page something would happen that completely tanked it for a few issues.

Also holy shit they overused 2 page spreads look at the page counts on comiXology there tiny.

>Are there any books that have small ensembles anchored by a single hero?

>In a way mera is an ensemble rotating around aquaman. (There's going to be a lot of supporting cast in his rebirth series)
>Justice league dark sometimes had a bit of a focus on one of the characters for a few issues.
>Oddly enough demon knights had a very even balence of exposure of the characters. (Still worth checking out though one of if not the best title of the new 52)
>Sword of sorcery (the retardedly named amethyst book) was sort of building to a largish cast.
>If you can just pretend that it's another character named harline quinzel who spent a bit of time with the joker rather then the classic Harley we know and love Harley Quinn has a great ensemble.

Oh also all star section 8 but that was dcyou rather then new 52

Convergence was far better then multiversity at least

Well if you can handle the slaughter of Starfires character I think you will indeed enjoy Harley Quinn as an ensemble book.

Batwoman was great. Art 9/10 Story 7/10
That is all

Ok. Getting Demon Knights in the meantime.

DCYou is part of New 52, jesus, I can't believe people still can't wrap their heads around this.

Enjoy user its really good.

Bruh, the guy you're responding to may be a fag, but Kate got the idea to become a vigilante when she ran into Batman at a low point in her life. Then her dad decided to support her decision and and gave her the Bat motif presumably just because she's was going to be running around Gotham. She may operate seperate from Batman, but her origin isn't.