>inb4 nostalgia

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0
youtube.com/watch?v=IeM4lWhr39M
youtube.com/watch?v=WaFsWWJTXLc
archiveofourown.org/works/10190687
archiveofourown.org/works/7838134
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was so wel written, even my unlearned pleb child mind could tell it was a quality show

Why'd they make Arnold look so feminine

What about it was so well written? Am i just an autist/brainlet?

personally, I enjoyed it because it seemed a lot more 'real' and relatable (both as a kid and even when i watched it later in college) than other, sillier cartoons at the time. real, not-ridiculous problems, characters, and solutions with the correct amount of occasional cartoon insanity.

Obligatory Hey Arnold thread music.
youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0

This. The characters were great and it was much more grounded than most other kids cartoons. It also gains much more depth when you get older and realize that the show is basically about a bunch of poor, inner-city kids dealing with pretty messed up things.

I know you're baiting, but Hey Arnold was never that well written and most of the issues it dealt with were handled in fairly simplistic ways. The average American cartoon is much sillier than it, but this isn't a bad thing, as Rock's Modern Life and Rugrats are both much funnier and more relateable to real life, while Ginger is better at taking itself seriously and actually letting characters deal with shit.

Arnold wasn't anything special and I'd say it's a middling Nick toon at best.

IMO, you can't really compare Hey Arnold to the other Nicktoons, because it never really set out to be the same kind of show. It was more like Pete and Pete, a more mature drama that happened to have a surrealistic, quirky atmosphere that added some humor.

Oscar Kokoshka was the greatest fictional character since Leopold Bloom

Bumped it Football head

what the FUCK was his problem?

It was diverse and about the lower class without feeling forced

Fun fact: This show was based off of Seattle and Not NYC.

I heard that the creator got the go ahead and everything to make a finale special, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Any one know more?

What was his fucking problem?

Nostalgia

Griminess and the jazz music

>he doesn't like hey arnold
Beat it football head!

>IMO, you can't really compare Hey Arnold to the other Nicktoons

But I did, and I can, because it's weaker as a serious cartoon compared to Ginger and Avatar and even the sillier shows are capable of dealing with real life issues at least as well as it despite being even more surreal. It's downtown aesthetic is the biggest unique thing it had going for it.

As told by ginger is fucking horrible and ugly, you must a woman

>As told by ginger is fucking horrible and ugly

I'm not even denying that it is, it's retarded that it's so gross in spite of the subject matter.

Only episode I liked was the Trash Can Day one

where the 5th graders track down all the 4th graders and can them.

reminded me of war of the worlds or something. as the episode goes on less and less 4th graders are left.

Could have fooled me. It looks like he lived in Brooklyn.

Can I borrow five dollars?

The music
youtube.com/watch?v=IeM4lWhr39M

Normies

I was just trying to ask you where's the bus stop

he was afraid to leave his stoop

I don't want this to devolve into shitposting, but it did have doversoty done right, hell most of the shows of the time did. It celebrated differences while choosing to focus on what we have in common.

>that episode where Mr. Hyunh writes a song about burning down villages suspected of harboring vietcong

How the hell did Nickelodeon get away with it?

>just want the simple things
>like french fried northern dinks
wtf craig bartlett

Who was in the right?

youtube.com/watch?v=WaFsWWJTXLc

source plx

The Christmas episode is one of the best Christmas specials ever. Fight me.

STOOP KIDS AFRAID TO LEAVE HIS STOOP.

This. There's unique aesthetic choices, and then there's garbage. Ginger chose the latter.

>that episode about Phoebe farting

the original NEET

theres a new movie coming out November, I guess thats it

it was a different time

i cry evertim

People watched it for Rhonda

archiveofourown.org/works/10190687

archiveofourown.org/works/7838134

JUUUST