Would you be open for a continuation of Quantum Leap?

It all started when a time travel experiment I was conducting went...a little ca-ca. In the blink of a cosmic clock I went from quantum physicist to air force test pilot, which could have been fun...if I knew how to fly. Fortunately, I had help. An observer from the project named Al. Unfortunately, Al's a hologram, so all he can lend is moral support. Anyway, here I am. Bouncing around time, putting things right which once went wrong. A sort of time traveling Lone Ranger, with Al as my Tonto. And I don't even need a mask. Oh, boy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bHV9nIZUut0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm sure they'll eventually reboot or make a continuation of that somehow.

On Showtime directed by David Lynch. And he every new body he leaps into is some interdimensional horror entity each stuck inside a different nightmare purgatory room which phases in and out with local midwest American donut shops.

I think that if they do make a reboot or whatever, they should try a bit harder with coming up for the science and reason behind the leaping. Like, instead of the whole "good deeds" bullshit, every person he leaps into is destined to die prematurely unless he can change something, just like the first episode.

James Franco leaps from body to body in order to help people score weed. The people he helps have cancer, are trannies, manic-depressive types, virgins and so on.
Once he helps them they solve their particular problem and he fucks off.

He is helped by a perky hacker girl that immediately pulls up the target person's life as soon as he's in.

Over time it turns out all the targets of the jumps are somehow related, but this is never fully explored.

Written by Lindelof.
Netflix.

I unironically love this stupid corny ass show so I hope not.

It'd probably be some ridiculous paean to SJWism what with the leaping into females and immigrants or whatever

>tfw you will never own a jive ass metallic jacket like Al

How about this: People find the mountain where the original Project Quantum Leap was. Due to Sam's changes in the timeline, the Project wasn't ever done, but the mountain and Ziggy are somehow protected from changes in the time stream.
The main character (Leaper) isn't a super-genius goody-goody like Sam, and has realistic urges with people he meets in his leaps. He's got good problem-solving skills, and IS smart. He's just not Sam-smart. His Watcher has to remind him that fucking in the past will cause all kinds of hell with future kids running around. It would be a reversal, with the horny Leaper and the more-prudent (or -prudish) Watcher. The characters would have plenty of other traits, though. They wouldn't be one-note.
During the series, Leaper would interact with some of the people Sam met, and would help them out. Occasionally, Bakula could guest star as Sam, when Leaper and Sam actually leap into two people who interact with each other. This series would have an added benefit of Sam's knowledge of what the hell is going on and why Leaper is leaping where he does. The only episodes I say have to happen is that first, Leaper has to help out Admiral Calavicci or Beth or one of their four daughters. Dean Stockwell, of course, guest stars.
The other one would be more controversial. Leaper has the opportunity to stop 9/11, but can't because it would fuck things up in the future (Worse than allowing the attacks to happen.)
The series would cover say, 1980-2020, since Leaper was born way after Sam.

>tfw you're probably right

I'd watch this version absolutely

they already brought it back

If it was brought back it wouldn't have the 90s kitsch of the original.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHV9nIZUut0

I wish it didn't get fucked over by the writer strike.

like when he leaped into a black woman? or how about when he leaped into a man with down syndrome? it was full blown PC but it wasn't void of it either

>a little ca-ca
Still gets me, hahaha

>I unironically love this stupid corny ass show
Same. I would hate a reboot. The old series is enough.

>Scott Bakula
>Buddy from the future that gives him hints.
>Nobody ever gets to meet or see his future buddy but him.
>Tries to make corrections to events in the past so that the future will turn out better.
Basically, the plot of Star Trek Enterprise.

>a couple decades into the future compared to the first Quantum Leap
>Main character named Dan is working on a project called the Phoenix Perogative
>something goes wrong whiles he's in the machine
>he leaps into a man in a mining town
>His hot girl friendtalks to him through his head and possibly hologram
>"Dan as far as I can tell you leapt into a man named Sam, it says that he decided to keep leaping forever. You must use his body to tell the bartender that you want to go home."
>Dan does this
>Sam finally goes him back into his body
>Sam then helps the new main character through the series, also with the help of his hot girl friend, whom he had feelings for but never said anything, and can never touch her again

Even with all the dumb corny shit it's still an amazing show, the writing and stories in some of the episodes are incredible even today.

GOAT comfy show desu.

that black actor pops up in things from time to time. He plays a psych doc in Legion most recently, and I'm always like that's the retard from that Quantum Leap with the ABC rap from 25 years ago.

>Would you be open for a continuation of Quantum Leap?
Yes, definitely. It's something I would really support.

perfect blend of heartfelt drama, light sci-fi, and occasional action. Only two regular characters, and new locations and characters every episode to keep things fresh. Top comf.

The ending had me in tears as a teenager, I used to watch the re-runs of this show on British TV religiously.

DELET THIS

:_;

I thought you were saying Blacula, like a black vampire.

I'd rather shoot myself than watch this