Ok Sup Forums serious talk...

Ok Sup Forums serious talk, how many of you thought for even one second during this episode that they were about to fuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GwtThbpa!Qxy5hjo9VhfRIiIP_jf8gGN0WRMWu8QyoRa0tLjzKhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Me. I thought it would have been a really interesting plot turn that would have replaced Pearl's salt with romantic tension. After all, if Pearl could fuse with Greg then it would basically be saying that she's more emotionally in line with him than Rose was.

inb4 murdercock

Fuse? No

Kiss? Kinda

Greg can't fuse, he's a human.

Regular Humans and gems cant fuse

I think it would be incredibly fascinating if the two got romantically involved. I've never really seen two romantic rivals really fall for each other before (mostly because LGBT characters in children's cartoons were not a thing before this and Korra)

I really really want Rose to be revealed as evil as fuck.

Shit now I really wish they had fused

Can't get past how weird it feels

I thought they were about to make out.

/But not really. I was uncomfortable just the same.

>Believe me, I've tried. A lot.

Time for Greg to claim another victim. He won't rest until he fucks every rock woman into his own child.

I didn't, because I'm not dumb enough to think Greg could develop Gem-related abilities just because his son is one.

But in a good way, right?

to be fair wouldn't they be in line because rose?

I don't think she's evil but it wouldn't surprise me if she was as amoral as a Diamond.

but we have no evidence thus far that a full gem cannot fuse with a full human... other than the word of the gems... who I might add are occasionally wrong...

This whole episode was so uncomfortable to watch. The scenery and colors were on point though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there's some emotional healing going on here

But Greg and Pearl...

It's difficult to express my feelings coherently

But their common link was Rose, and now it is Steven. I feel that their love lies with her memory and her legacy, not each other

Steven can fuse with Connie. Most chalk that up to being a gem-hybrid only thing, but that isn't necessarily the case. I can think of alternative explanations.

First, gem-human fusion may require a substantially stronger bond than gem-gem fusion. It explains why Steven can fuse with Connie and why Rose would think that the act is impossible. An insufficient emotional bond between Rose and Greg would have made the act impossible, and we don't know how strong their relationship really was.

Alternatively, fusion likely requires a similar mental state and that could be a difficult thing to pull off between two completely different makes of sentient being. Steven would be able to fuse with humans because his innately human biology means he can easily adjust his mental state to match that of other humans. Greg might not have been able to do it with Rose because Rose would be unable to understand the emotional, mental, and biological components of human love. The story might change depending on the exact nature of the emotional attachment, making PxG a possibility.

Where can i watch this episode???????????????

I mean Rose and Greg tried pretty hard

its kinda impossible to prove a negative, I mean how do you know that humans in real life can't fuse together? just because it hasn't never happened doesn't mean its impossible maybe people just aren't doing it right yet

Wish there were more speaking parts for this type of episode.
Pearl's song and right after when Greg walks out were the strongest parts.

Likely, but it would definitely complicate things. There's no way they could fuse and not start questioning their feelings for one another.

ROSE IS A SLUT

PEARL IS AN OMEGA ORBITER

GREG IS PIMP KING OF THE CAR WASH

Remember when egg cup was about to kill pear?

I NEED TO KNOW WHERE I CAN WATCH THIS EPISODE

Uh, no? Not at any point. Greg's fully human, and it's alreay been established that he and Rose were unable to fuse. That's one reason Steven's so special, because his hybrid status allows him to fuse with humans, which no other gem can do.

But they did fuse.

That's not to say I'm demanding the two of them remain celibate loners till the end of time

I just don't think they're meant for the same net of fish

kissc nigga

I was afraid they would kiss, but I'm glad they didn't because that would be dumb. Never thought they would fuse, that would be even dumber.

mega.nz/#!GwtThbpa!Qxy5hjo9VhfRIiIP_jf8gGN0WRMWu8QyoRa0tLjzKhQ
See if this link works.

The fusion portion doesn't require both people to have gem abilities. After all, Stevonnie is a thing.

I think the being half-human thing helps Steven and Connie get "in sync" easier for fusion, and that the reason Greg and Rose couldn't fuse is that they weren't in sync about something.

Steven is as close to a Gem-human fusion as is possible, and he's the reason he and Connie can fuse.

Have you ever watched Cardcaptor Sakura?

Is that one of those animus that seem really innocuous and low stakes then suddenly throw super heavy shit at you ?

That would imply that Steven being human changes the rules for gem powers. Steven is basically a composite organism, like a lichen. Steven is completely human but can draw upon gem powers because he is interfaced with Roses gem. He shouldn't have any exclusive abilities.

For some evidence, it's been hinted by Matt Burnett that Steven dies if he is ever poofed. He cannot regenerate from his gem, which implies that he is not completely integrated with it.

Not that user, but from what i remember the kids in the picture want to fuck the guy with the glasses and he's really a magical angel, so the kids end up fucking

>That would imply that Steven being human changes the rules for gem powers.
It absolutely, objectively does. No other gems can fuse with humans. That's been established.
>He shouldn't have any exclusive abilities.
And yet he seems to anyway, at shown by his unconventional shape shifting. No other gem has been shown to create other beings with wills of their own growing on their bodies.

And I think it's ultimately because you're wrong: he's not just interfacing with rose's gem, he IS Rose, to a degree, as in the manifestation of her new "body" is a structure interwoven through all of Steven's biology.

>pearl is going to kill steven so rose can come back from her slumber.

Actually since gems just live really long, they can wait out Stevens life cycle...

Speaking of Biology, Steven was way out of line and possibly off his rocker when he said "AND MOM"

I was legitimately a bit creeped out.

Well there are theories that she is a sociopath. She had Steven because that is the only way she could reciprocate the love given to her

This episode was the final confirmation that Rose and Pearl were never a thing:

>I was fine with the men
>Who would come into her life now and then

That's kind of heartbreaking to me. To be so infatuated with, well, her owner, evil so long after her death, even though her feelings were never reciprocated... I mean, it's in her nature, sure, but it's fucking tragic.

Fuck you Sucrose ;_;

Imagine how mad tumblr people will be if they end up together (they are already flipping out on people shipping them, saying it's lesbophobic or some crap like that)

I don't remember the dude wanting to bang him. It was more like hero worship with a side of "who needs crazy dames when you got dudes to do dude stuff with".

As gay as that may sound I'm implying no sexual interest.

They're probably just crying about how they think everyone's going to ship Greg and Pearl... It's kind of pathetic how Tumblr acts..

>possibly off his rocker
Or was he? Or was his intention to bring the tension between Greg and Pearl over the subject of Rose into the forefront, so it could be directly addressed and begun to resolve, rather than the cold awkwardness that's been between them in the past?

nah I don't buy it. Steven has a shitload of powers due to his gem and you say that he can fuse with humans because he thinks like a human and not because he is half human? for once that his human side give him more power (relatively) than a gem, we could somehow recognize it

>No other gems can fuse with humans. That's been established.
Not quite. It's been attempted and failed. Rose stated it was impossible, but she didn't write the rules of fusion and likely doesn't fully understand them herself.

>create other being with will of their own growing on their bodies
Likely just a byproduct of having a gem hard-light construct coursing through every cell in your body. His gem powers will inherently have some quirks because they drag his living tissue along for the ride. Though, for the sake of argument, Steven had to come out of Rose, implying she managed to create a living being with its own will attached to her body using genetic information from a human. She also created a bunch of other living things, like Lion.

Though for the sake of argument, it's likely possible that Steven can fuse to a human and a gem, which in a sense would accomplish the same goal. It may also be possible for him to subsequently excise himself from the fusion, leaving a gem-human fusion with no hybrid remaining.

>Oh boy those feelings are complicated

That's what he claims, but I don't know man. Mentioning the fact that you're technically carrying around the technically active consciousness deficient quantum computer that is your mother around with you is a weird way to push the subject.

Yes, Gems are tech based, not magic.

Steven has the ability to control his biological age. He's been shown to revert himself to both an old man and an infant. He is as old as he feels like.

As a result, he's effectively biologically immortal.

>Steven fuses with Greg
>Steg (look it up) fuses with Pearl

>Likely just a byproduct of having a gem hard-light construct coursing through every cell in your body.
That's what I said.
>the manifestation of her new "body" is a structure interwoven through all of Steven's biology.

get you eastern shit out of our western Sup Forums.

Of course there were no sexual interests, both of them were elementary school kids. But it was definitely classified as the same attraction the girl had on the glasses guy.

What if Steven is the secret to Gem reproduction.
He's as strong as a Gem, but with all sorts of neat human eccentricities. So there's no telling how him reproducing will go. He could possibly make little gem hybrids of his own, granted without actual embedded gems. So there you have the key to Gem reproduction without having to destroy planets in the process.

Holy crap, those were unequivocally the best musical numbers in the entire series thus far.

Bravo. Bravissimo.

LOVE IT

No. But I heard the shippers and it makes me sick. Greg is too pure for Pearl.

>He could possibly make little gem hybrids of his own, granted without actual embedded gems.
Could he use his cat-fingers style shape-shifting to reproduce by budding, or do you think his creations would die once separated from the Rose Quartz gem?

(Ignoring Empire City, right)

I think you would have to be a fool (and/or super inebriated) if fusing didn't enter your thoughts.

I should have said romantic interest.

Says that while watching SU

hah

source

Steg is gonna have 3 legs instead of the usual fusion four arms.

Rose created gem-based life before. Then there are things like the Crystal Shrimp where we don't know where they came from or their purpose.

Oh man. This is hitting me right in the feels.

maggiekarp2. tumblr

Kek.

ᵇᵉˢᵗ ˢʰᶦᵖ

Last I checked SU was a western animation.

What proof do we have that Rose created those? They could be a Homeworld-native parasite or something.

That's because the attraction they both had was them being baby wizards that wanted to suck the magical moon man dry of all his power.
Same reason Sakura's brother was fucking him.

I didn't mean to imply she created the Shrimp, I was talking about the Moss and the Bramble

>those noses

>rose literally killed herself to have their child
>we dont know how strong their relationship really was

See, unlike most people seem to I have basically no sympathy for Pearl here. She had centuries to make a move. Literally centuries.

I have a simpler way of phrasing my point. The gem is woven into Steven, but Steven isn't woven into the gem. Everything that Steven can do is strictly gem powers. The resulting quirks of it derive from the fact that manipulating his hard light construct also manipulates the cells attached to them. There's no reason to believe that the influence of his powers on someone other than him would be affected unless the nature of Stevens fusion with Connie is a literal, physical fusion where Steven basically just shoves his cells into Connie's. This would be a bit too grotesque for a kid's show.

I WANT MY PERIDOT AND I WANT HER NOW!

Well... yes. But everything else was crazy top-shelf.

This was kind of corny but ended up being pretty sweet and I don't even go for that stuff too much.

Maybe what I don't like about the musical is that they are too literal telling their emotions, like they literally are explaining their emotions to the audience.

But what I really liked about this episode is the idea of leaving all the hate behind and becoming friends with a person that you hated.

fixed

what if she did and Rose was just playing her for a fool. Using her love and devotion and promising her love in return but then turning her back once a human male was involved. She probably implied she had feelings for pearl but in all actuality saw her as nothing more than a good friend.

Perfect

No reason why gem fragments couldn't be brought into the mix. They have powers, they just don't have any sort of stability. A human host would fix that.

By Garnet's definition, this was a fusion same as Greg and Rose's.

You need two to tango. Greg had a giantess fetish and the emotional infidelity was likely on his end.

Though I think the alternative explanation was more cogent.

Rose was neve Pearl's owner. Rose was the first gem to recognize her as more than "Just a pearl." That's why Pearl was so in love with Rose and so devoted.

I also think Rose became Steven because she realized that she was the only "rock" so to speak. Everyone relied on her for answers and help, for meaning but no one could learn to be independent without her, especially Pearl and that is unhealthy. But Steven...Steven's a child who needs guidance and suppot...putting the shoe on the other foot and making the Gems stand on their own two feet.

This is especially conveyed in Pearl and Greg's dance. She was always the one being dipped or being lead and she dipped Greg, showing for once that she could lead on her own without having the others for emotional support.

but that is exactly what happens. it's just steven's gem understands how to manipulate physical matter after all the years of being attached to him. and understands human organ systems as well so it can arrange everything properly.

>EVERYONE GETS GEM POWERS

oh my fucking god this is so stupid it almost works

The townies all get a gem fragment that they bond with, developing powers to help fight against Home World in the Second Crystal Gem War.

oldfag here to tell you that you're a retard.

sometimes Sup Forums is the only place to have a real discussion on Sup Forums-stuff, it's always been that way.

we don't do it often, but when we do, we have the most interesting discussions about it, so fuck of with your "exclusivity" newfag mindset.