"Pick up your own damn calls, Kirk"

Can I get a yas queen?

I'd rather not dismiss this series so handily, nor would I care to dismiss it using metamockery of facebook or whatever memes. This is a poor Trekthread. Almost as bad as DS9 threads.

The Forced Diversity Trek. Haha. Nah.

>there's a complete laundry list of legitimate reasons to shit on this series
>the production is a fucking mess, with broken promise upon broken promise coming from the producers
>basically the entire show and cast have been changed from what was initially announced, completely fucking up long-established lore and timelines in the process
>if you say anything bad about this show you get accused of racism/misogyny

Maybe I should just stop watching new shows and movies. Maybe I should just be happy rewatching the great old stuff.

Maybe you should stop ironically detaching yourself from everything, including the sentences you write, and wait for the episodes to be published so that you can judge them based on what they are rather than the rabid desire to hate everything different plus minimal information.

rofl

the original star trek was the forced diversity trek, this would be par for the course

We know what they will be because virtue signalers can't help themselves but attention whore. It'll be shit.

Piss on anything post nine eleven, traditional programming only.

Forced diversity? Get out. There's no forced diversity there. There's interracial kisses. This shit's going to have fags, mudslimes, and stroink wymen the likes of which would make maRey Sue blush.

There's a fucking Russkie on board during the height of the Cold War.

>Russian, black, asian, a "alien" jew who is the second hand man of the ship

If the OT was released today, /poltv/ would flip their fucking shit

forced diversity then:
>oh hey a black chick
>oh hey an asian

forced diversity now:
>"well as a strong trans independent xer I believe the holo deck should never be used by the white members of the crew until they go through virtual sensitivity training and understand that it is NOT ok to be a cowboy which is THE but oppressive male power fantasy against indigenous people in history"

>I never liked Star Trek, I was just okay with it because those social issues didn't touch me directly because they were dated

God damn you people whine so much. You haven't even seen an episode and you're crying and rolling around on the floor already.

Please tell me how a Ruskie on board is the same as faggots, trannines, stroink female negroes and mudslimes?

No, that's a day at the office. HOW is a Jew, Ruskie, asian, nigger as bad as, A faggot, a trannie, a stroink wymen who needs no man, and a mudslime?

I remember reading some dumb shit's article of how Star Trek is finally giving women justice, or some shit. What is Janeway? Society's gotten shittier.
When this shit show bombs it'll be our fault, they'll say. Because we're afraid of fags, stroink wymens and trannies and shit.

True

She identifies as a white man. In the future being a black woman who identifies as a white man is the most progressive combo possible.

The difference is, in classic star trek you could recognize that the nations and races had put aside their differences and worked together for the advancement of science and humanity but is never discussed BECAUSE it is something that has been moved past.

In a new one it will be the focus of the characters. It will be their identities and conflicts and motivations and get in the way of every encounter.

At the height of the cold war a Russian individual working with an American (by proxy) would have been nearly unthinkable. Russians had actual legitimate propaganda (albeit less severe than german/japanese during WWII) targeted at them to try and make America hate them. The McCarthy era witch hunts had people hunting down communists and fostering intense hatred for them. As disgusting and mentally deranged as trannies are, the sheer amount of hatred they get is NOTHING compared to what Russians would have been seeing around the time TOS was airing.

>Please tell me how a Ruskie on board is the same as faggots, trannines, stroink female negroes and mudslimes?
Well, they had to adjust for inflation. The two situations are analogous because society was more conservative back then so what would be considered normal to us was more scandalous.

>it will be
>it will be
You seem like a paranoid whiner.

You're just a weak little bitch boy how about that. Go eat some tendies.

You can't compare allowing some foreigner in your ranks something that is as edgy as faggots, trannies, stroink negro wymen who needs no man, and literal openly praticing mudslimes. At worst, that'll be like having a north Korean who has a picture of one of the great leaders successors in his bed room.

Niggers kissing Crackers is not at all the same as degenerate same sex cock roaches, mentally ill trannies, and mary sue feminist who needs no man and mudlsimes.

Go back to your fidget spinner, summer reddit.

in your ranks *to something that is as edgy as

nice bait, but the real horse shit is whether or not this is in the shitty abrams universe. if it is, i will never watch it

Abrams universe > TNG movie universe.