Was reason why Quasimodo couldn't get with Esmeralda because ugly people shouldn't get with beautiful people?

Was reason why Quasimodo couldn't get with Esmeralda because ugly people shouldn't get with beautiful people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xP8cM6QRkA4
youtu.be/Hp2opDzx1-o?t=9m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=F-wtxyUbHmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She just didn't like him that way.

That and I think his excuse was he wanted her to be happy and free(ish) and knew he couldn't do that for her with his appearance and lifestyle.

Yes. People will try say it was because Quasi didn't treat her as an equal and put her on crazy high pedestal, but it was cuz the guy was fucking retarded deformed that he didn't get the girl.

I personally feel that Quasimodo should have ended up with Esmeralda.
Even when I was little I felt like it was a dick move when she ended with Phoebus.
Not sure why but just how I personally felt about it.

Felt the same, though in retrospect it's a hard and real lesson you probably have to learn as early as possible to avoid throwing yourself at hopeless situations.

See also: Shrek didn't end up with beautiful human Fiona. Instead she turned into a perma-ogre, and the "only pretty people end up with pretty people" message was reinforced, even while they tried to slather the whole "inner beauty" angle on it.

As awful as the sequel was, it did at least give him a cute waifu to make everything better.

Yes.

I'm going to die alone and scared

Not me, I'm going to die alone and defeated.

That would have underminded the message. He was a good person because he helped her even if she wouldn't bang him. In contrast to Frollo, who wanted to kill her because she wouldn't bang him.

>She just didn't like him that way.

because he was ugly

They really played up the rejection.

I think it's because you often see the hero of the story end up with the love interest, but here he didn't. Normally there's some moral about inner beauty winning out in the end but you don't see that happen with Quasimodo. Compare with something like Beauty and the Beast where the "ugly" one does win the relationship but only after he's transformed back into a human. It's jarring because the romantic relationship is often made out to be the prize.

Women are sluts, more at 11.

It undermined the message of accepting inner beauty regardless of outer appearance to have her end up with some pretty blonde jackass. It should also be pointed out that in the books, Phoebus was an antagonist and watches Esmeralda get executed with no remorse whatsoever.

>Frollo, who wanted to kill her because she wouldn't bang him.
Actually Frollo wanted to kill her because he wanted to bang her.

>Notredame encouraged being a cuck
>Pocahontas 2 encouraged being a slut
>Beauty and the Beast encouraged bestiality
>Hurr strong wimmenz need no men Frozen/Brave

Superior animated movie coming through.

Phoebus wasn't a jerk or anything, he had the right to get horizontal with her. Quasi should be happy the movie didn't end like the book does.

I can die alone and wasted?

She and Phoebus both treated him like a person. You don't need to give him the girl to get acriss inner beauty.

Quasi was a hero because he wasn't in it for any personal reward.

Disney Phoebus is also a different character than the original Phoebus. You can't use what one version did to throw mud on another.

Now here is a riddle to guess if you can
Sing the bells of Notre Dame
Who is the cuckold and who is the man?
Sing the bells, bells, bells, bells
Bells, bells, bells, bells
Bells of Notre Dame

wew

Phoebus was a huge dickwad in the book. Phoebus only lusted for Esmeralda and Esmeralda fell in love with him because of how good looking he was. But he was already in a relationship and didn't really love her. Quasimodo loved Esmeralda for showing him kindness when he needed it.

I always liked this adaptation inspite of its flaws because it at least had the same theme as the book (unlike disney's Tarzan). Quasi doesn't end up with her in the book because the whole point of the story is that he is rejected by society and is a tragic character. People hate him because he is ugly, and the author wants to show that is wrong (there is of course more to the book than that but you get the idea). They make quasi accepted by the people at the end of the Disney movie which I think was probably a more important happy ending for him than just getting the girl and while it goes against the book, it's not as bad as it would have been having him end up with her. At least that's just my opinion.

Because nice guys shouldn't automatically assume they get the girl because they "did her a favor".

What is different thematically about Tarzan?

it's because he was poor

Why doesn't his skin match the other gypsies?

>Quasi was a hero because he wasn't in it for any personal reward.

He wanted that pussy, mang.

He was actually stolen and his gypsie mother wasn't actually his mother.

I do wish the disney musical of Notredame got an international release. (It only got released in Germany.)

Phoebus was still a good guy that time around but remember that point where Quasi thought Esmeralda was dead? Yeah she stayed dead, and Quasi killed Frollo for it.

Then he took her body away, presumably to die in a similar way to how he did in the books. The reprise of 'The Bells of Notredame' was much sadder too.

youtube.com/watch?v=xP8cM6QRkA4

This is apparently the full musical. Hope you guys enjoy it!

To be honest, nice guys don't get shit and i'm not even talking about those "nice guys" that are only nice because they think they'll pussy that way.

Niceness is cute and all, but it's more often than not merely a weakness to be exploited. People don't give any value to that is given freely. All you show by being nice is that whatever you're giving has no worth, you've no worth. Like a beautiful beach rock to be thrown away back at the ocean.

>I just fucking realized this got an international release just under two years ago.

Fuck me, I'm stupid. Go google that then.

Tarzan was about a man discovering who he really was and what it means to be human. There isn't a villain (unless you count the ape that killed his parents maybe), it's mostly about his self discovery and his cool adventure. In the movie they decided to make Clayton a straight up villain, while in the book he's just Tarzan's blood cousin and the dude who wants to marry Jane and is pretty nice and chill. The movie shoehorns in this crap about killing gorillas is wrong which has nothing to do with the book at all. Also Tarzan gives up Jane because he knows even though he's a human, he'll always be wild and can't really provide for her. I mean this is changed later in the book's many sequels but still, it was kind of important. The changes just bother me more than the changes in Hunchback.

That sounds good, though

>Dat imagry of Quasimoto cradling her body in this scene.
Damn.

youtu.be/Hp2opDzx1-o?t=9m14s

And for sake of reference, those extra voices are the gargoyles. In the theatrical release, they are seen as the imaginary friends they were supposed to be in the animated film. They also are an extension of his emotions, encouraging him to kill Frollo at the finale.

This last moment of the song though, damn.

It's why I just like the book so much better. I hope that doesn't sound snobby!

Chel was definitely a slut, dude. Not even mad. I'd hang with her. Sluts can be pretty cool, provided you're either cool with casual fucking or not into them that way at all.

Gypsies are not people.

all the disney movies are propaganda to create a generation of betas and cucks

why is too clichè.

In the book (and the musical adaptation of the book, as mentioned) Quasimodo was actually the son of Frollo's brother Jehan, who was expelled from Notre Dame and shagged a gypsy chick.

the musical treatment of the gargoyles was gr8, not to mention the extra songs they added:
youtube.com/watch?v=F-wtxyUbHmc

he was so ugly and retarded.
NotreDown

Both the original book by Hugo and the Disney movie are tragic stories that prove the world is unjust and unfair, but the difference is the Disney one tries to pretend that everything is hunkey-dorey at the end when in reality Quasimodo would probably end up killing himself (or Phoebus) in the Disney movie ending.

Disney pussies out on a lot of their old story / novel / fairy tale turned movie endings. They did this shit with the little mermaid, too. Ariel gets to transform into a human with no cost if she completes x task, whereas in the fairy tale, it's implied that to be a human when one was born a mermaid is an endlessly painful task, and on top of that typically in the tellings of the fairy tale she doesn't get with the prince. And then there's the nonsense in the Disney version about how Ursula is conspiring against Ariel every step of the way, completely ignoring the fact that again, one of the points of the fairy tale was that it's Ariel that sabotages herself, by trying to be a fucking human when she's born a fucking mermaid.

this shit is probably why we have so many damn trannies and queers these days who blame the patriarchy and men for their problems. they go to sea witches to solve their problems, don't read the fine print on the deal with the sea witch, go out and try to be something they're not and desperately chase after "straight" men because they believe it will validate them JUST LIKE ARIEL AMIRITE GUISE

disney is an honorary kike, I don't care if he hated them.

all this shit is one of the reasons the Lion King was so good. No pussyfooting here, boys.

That's how real life should work too.

Sounds like a good life lesson.

>You need more than a inspiring story and brave heart to get people to fuck you

Realistically, would you want to bang a gimpy, deformed hunchback? No you fucking wouldn't.

Even ugly people don't want to bang other ugly people. People always aim higher than they can handle and they deserve to end up disappointed. Know your place.

>retarded
In the novel yeah, but in Disney canon for some fucking reason Frollo brought him up to be one of the most educated and intelligent people in France. He's socially inexperienced, naive, and very sensitive, sure, and quite rattled from years of psychological abuse, but far from retarded.

Source

Being decent to someone else shouldn't be an effort that needs rewarding. There has to be something more to draw a person to someone. Both men and women are attracted to someone who is ambitious, has a good sense of humor, and if not attractive at least makes an effort to make themselves look presentable. Acting clingy or putting on a nice act to get into someones pants will usually result in failure.

I love that movie but El Dorado was the very embodiment of pussy whipped and hoes over bros.

The moral of Road to Eldorado is dont be gay

You know Tulio could have just banged Miguel, right?

Comes along with being deformed I guess or his father was a white redhead and therefore won the genetic lottery in color skin and hair at the cost of everything else

>because he was ugly

Yeah, probably. Life is kind of shit like that, pal.

>>Beauty and the Beast encouraged bestiality

Pff, he turned into boring prince man at the end. She didn't even get to see that beast dick. Lame. LAME.

Not only was he deformed but he also had the mind of child.

It's just the way the world works.

In hellfire he said clearly stated if she won't be his she'll burn. But he was ashamed of his feelings for a gypsy

Human Beast is the true ugly form, though.

Is that Kubo?

The translation used in the musical is vastly superior IMHO to the one used in the German dub, too.

>men attracted to someone who is ambitious
If a woman is ambitious, she might be ambitious enough to find somebody better. Bad idea, friend, better to stamp out all of her personal ambition if anything. Keep your holes on lockdown.

Better to be emotional abusive and limit all that person's options so that they remain isolated and dependent on you. Much better and easier. Safer too.

shiet

Damn!

kek

Disney can tell kids all the lies of follow your dreams, and you can have everything you want, and always be yourself
but they can't tell you an ugly person can find love

In the end Frollo was right. The world doesn't have pity for the ugly and deformed.

>MFW in the sequel movie they use Quasimodo as a babysitter for their kids

rekt

GodDAMN

Remember these were based on books and while Hunchback deviates from the source material in almost every way, Quasi does not end up with Esmeralda i the end. He actually starves to death over her grave after Frollo burns her at the stake while Phoebus watches with a hard on.

You shouldn't marry the first person ever to be nice to you. It's poor form.

the problem is: he isn't just ugly, he is hideous
no matter how much you love a persons personality and can look past a persons appearance, there is a limit to how much you can do that

She accepted him as a friend despite his appearance. That was pretty much enough.

>No pussyfooting here, boys.
>pussies out on killing Scar BUT CONVENIENTLY the hyenas to it for him, so the hero doesn't dirty his hands but the villain still gets his just deserts
Yea, sure.

JESUS

>Hunchback is my favorite Disney movie
>Rewatch it yearly
>Still haven't seen the sequel out of principle
fuck Disney sometimes

Jesus fuck, Sup Forums, what's it like to be so far up your own ass?

Did you find John K?

The older live-action Hollywood version also gave it a happy ending.

People from the English-speaking world generally seem to care more about happy endings than people from some other European countries. Like Italians, for example, are fine with tragic endings (see: opera). And the French don't seem to mind them. But it's hard to sell a tragic ending to the Americans and British. (In England for a long time they performed KING LEAR in a rewritten version with a happy ending.)

Just like real life.

In the real version, she dies then he rapes her corpse

Damn, that's a 1000x worse than "my wife's son"

It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast's problem, where they turned the ugly guy handsome. In this version, they turned the pretty girl ugly.

Women are shallow. Water is wet.

Politically correct critics have ruined the idea of "the nice guy" forever, but in the '90s I never really liked the trope of the nice guy who is entitled to get the girl because he's nice. In real life people go with who they want, and they can't make themselves love you just because you're nice.

So I kind of liked that Quasimodo didn't get the girl. Yeah, she prefers a pretty guy just like he prefers a pretty girl. It happens.

holy shit, this made a massive leap in logic halfway through

But aren't these all true? I vaguely recall the Prince falls for another girl in the Little Mermaid, and the Mermaid kills herself at the end.

Quasimodo does kill him at the end of the novel. The Guard Captain watches the gypsy girl get hung, and he's like "Meh, bitches."

It's...kind of similar.

Damn that shit still hits hard after all these years, poor fucker.

>mfw NTR is my fetish

But this isn't NTR. They were never together in the first place.

Because no one deserves to get involved with a gypsy, not even a deformed deaf outcast with no friends.

Excuse me?

ugly people have no place in this world
ugly people have no right to be happy
ugly people exist to elevate the average and the pretty

Fat People suck the most.

But he still helped her even after it became clear that he would never get it.

>ugly people exist to elevate the average and the pretty

You're welcome.

They're Spanish, they'd never think of such thing.