Has a moment in television or film ever hit you way too close to home?

Has a moment in television or film ever hit you way too close to home?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6X2dCkOI6LY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sAB4JFh4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA
youtube.com/watch?v=ar5Cmd-7Og4
youtube.com/watch?v=ozq3_cWia3s
youtube.com/watch?v=IaGW3qVjI4I
youtube.com/watch?v=pjpxZz3kp0c
youtube.com/watch?v=l9LOKUiY0Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=WHGXfRicXSk
youtu.be/hWXVfXN8eS8?t=40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have to have a gf first in order to get dumped

youtube.com/watch?v=6X2dCkOI6LY

2.but i cbf posting them.

What happened to me was almost exactly what happened in the OP.

I learned that people change, and sometimes you are what they're changing from.

Having a gf isnt all that its cracked up to be

steve was such a piece of shit.
but fiona going full slut wasnt good either.
poor girl

Definitely not this one. He was a bitch who hooked up with a whore.

Fuck man I hate kids so fucking much.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sAB4JFh4Q

If this doesn't hit you, nothing will..

What's the movie?

Literally, literally me

That made me a little bit sad

The Champ (1979)

Amazing movie, one of the favorites.

Problem Child: The Next Generation

Jesus. That hit me VERY close to home.

youtube.com/watch?v=ar5Cmd-7Og4

Not exactly sure why, but this hit me like a ton of bricks.

Yeah I know not precisely 100% relateable in literal terms, but uh, numerous parts of this episode make me cry like a bitch. Only ep of Star Trek that does that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ozq3_cWia3s

First 20 seconds of this youtube.com/watch?v=IaGW3qVjI4I

>I need something that's not you
Shittiest excuse ever, I don't like hearing it because it means the person wasn't worth the time to begin with, lying to spare someone's feelings isn't something functional people do. I tell it straight and like to hear it that way too.

If I ever have an autistic kid I will just ditch it on some orphanage
If my wife doesnt want too, I will ditch her and flee to some 3rd world country that doesnt exist on a map

>flee to some 3rd world country that doesnt exist on a map
that really limits your options, either the Islamic State or Transnistria I guess.

>Tfw Jimmy was actually telling the truth about cancelling Dubai amd settling down with Fiona
>Tfw he told his partner to say he was an asshole and lied to help Fiona move on

So this is what happened right?

The intro sequence from The World's End. "We knew deep in our hearts, life would never feel this good again. And you know what? It never did."

I had some incredible times between 16 and 22. Adult life has had good parts and bad parts but the things that happened to me, it will just never be as good. All my best moments are behind me.

Abkhazia looks nice

I would say this movie also hit me a little, but more on the level of identifying a bit with Pegg's character. Not so much being a drunk loser who's desperately trying to relive his "glory" days, but feeling like your friends have left you behind in a way, and not feeling as accomplished as you'd like to be. The Cornetto Trilogy seems to have a running theme of stunted growth.

Decent choice, but heavy presence of USA and NATO NGOs, I think Transnistria would be a safer bet Tbh

Fuck this movie for making me cry. I felt on topmof the world back in hs and college. I felt i could do anything. Now im a fucking drunk mess shitposting in a cambodian pottery foru

The Babadook

They did a good job with the cast.
I can still tell which of the young kids is supposed to be who, and I haven't seen the movie since more than 2 years.

I think if i'd ever have children i'd end up on the news as one of those guys who strangled their child and hid it in his freezer.

Funny thing is, everyone "successful" lead as empty lives as him, maybe except Andy

Just dont lose your chill

50/50 is the only movie to ever make me cry like a little girl

>Just dont lose your chill
Yeah maybe for a year, maybe for 2 years. But at one point i think i would snap.

That final fight in the pub though.
"How can you tell when you're drunk if you're never sober?"
"I don't want to be sober"

>does wants
so thats what happens when writers go on a strike
pajeets conquer another field

All of Eternal Sunshine

what movie is this?

>Has a moment in television or film ever hit you way too close to home?
Most of Bojack Horseman and NGE.

This will sound like the edgiest thing ever but I unironically related too much to the first episode of Dexter and stopped watching since it'd probably be bad for my mental health.

You were in that Simpsons thread, weren't you?

Shit forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=pjpxZz3kp0c

Pretty much anything from 6FU

Based Bernard.
I loved that dude

Llewyn in general just hit me. The cynicism and resentment, the feeling of being a nomad, thinking that you have some sort of calling that never gets answered as you continually circle the drain. This scene just crushed me.

a fucking smack would shut the cunt up

we've all got a gary king in a bunch of friends... and its usually yourself.

can cyborgs even have kids?

That is normal in Jew Zealand.

>I need you to
Why do Ameritards talk like this?

Oh you will snap. But you won't hurt your kids. The only time ive smacked my daughter in anger is when she let her month old brother fall to the ground while he was sitting.

>my daughter's brother
So your wife's son huh?

>The only time ive smacked my daughter in anger is when she let my month old other child fall to the ground while he was sitting.
Sounds way better doesn't it?

that's cause they banned this

>child is a little shit
>smack it
>child services take it away

Problem solved

Seems like it just teaches people to hit things they want gone

I learned long ago that only mentally ill people change. Remember this well.

I hate how they destroyed their relationship. Jimmy was right that Fionna shouldn't blindly be the kids guardian (and she failed them ever since), and they were good for each other together.

youtube.com/watch?v=l9LOKUiY0Dg
>It was supposed to be the beginning of my life.
>Nothing happened.

gus was far better and more stable
but dumb white thrash bitch has to ruin everything

also dat milfy sasha alexander

Eh, most people are too selfish to realise they can get pretty dull after some time and want to blame it on others

youtube.com/watch?v=WHGXfRicXSk
I cry everytime.

>gus, the addicted
>stable

He won't ever be stable, just like Fiona.

Whats going on there?

>gus
Oops, wait. Gus is the "husband".

You are semi right. He was too good for Fiona, but that he jumped so fast to marriage proves he wasn't that stable imo

youtu.be/hWXVfXN8eS8?t=40s
Starts at like 40 seconds.

how does it prove anything? he didn't do anything bad, it would've worked if fiona wasn't such a cockgobbling slut.

He barely knew her, pal. That's a impulsive, idiotic thing to do.

The relationship that offered the most stable future was with the cup boss guy, but ofc she fucked his brother then let Liam od on cocaine.

its impulsive but he would've held onto his end of the deal, thats the point.

its not the dudes fault that fiona doesnt know what she wants. he gave her a chance, that doesn't make for a character flaw. people do dumber things than that every day in real life.

>its impulsive but he would've held onto his end of the deal, thats the point.

Yeah, we don't know that. The same behavior that made him jump and commit, could lead to him divorcing her ass down the line.

Never trust someone that marries fast like that, user.

fiona defense watch strong I see.

notice how dude handled the divorce. that's rock solid character user

me in the backseat

>Wife Swap is an American reality television program that was first broadcast on the ABC network in 2004. In the program, two families, usually from different social classes and lifestyles, swap wives/mothers – and sometimes husbands – for two weeks.
>At the end of the two weeks, the two couples all meet together for the first time, and the wives, along with their husbands, discuss how they felt about the two weeks. This often descends into personal insults and has degenerated into violence at least twice.

Americans

I hated this film because of how good the Gary King story was and how bad the aliens shit was.

Llewyn is one of us

>Has a moment in television or film ever hit you way too close to home?

Yeah, my dad was a boxer too and he died after winning the championship.

Do you even know what this thread is about?

UK stole that show and did it so much worse too

>UK stole that show

Anglos

couldn't watch this show
i fail to empathize with them on any level because they're all human garbage
every single one, not just the dad

Didn't Andy confessed to Gary during that wrist bandage scene that his wife left him with the kids because "he wasn't there enough"?

Right
So all of them

Anything with cults hits way too close to home and i will admit that any talk of spiritual stuff lie chakras in tv and movies trigger me a little

I suspect you had a weird childhood

I'm French and there used to be a reality show that was exactly identical, just like almost everything else.

I am not trolling and I am serious with this question. How come there wasn't so many autistic kids before? It seems like that now every family has one autistic kid.

inb4 some hilarious comedian says I am autistic,I just want an answer

expansion of internet
expansion of introversion
etc.

how come you no longer see bunch of neighbourhood kids playing outside in the afternoons?

children are no longer forced into social situations and thus their social skills are underdeveloped. parents dont give a fuck because >at least he isnt shitting everywhere

I remember watching this part with my dad and felt ashamed because I knew deep down he felt just like Tony there.

Combination of overdiagnosis and retarded women waiting until 37 before having kids because muh career.

Too close to the bone user. Too fucking close.

>We suffer, slave, and expire
>t. uggo man/womanlet
Beautiful, good looking and/or handsome people don't suffer. They get off scott free most of the time with whatever they do. Get almost anything they want, most of the time at little to no cost. Can also be with anyone they want since they're attractive. You can't just make a remark like that and apply it in general to literally everyone. Be real here.

>how come you no longer see bunch of neighbourhood kids playing outside in the afternoons?

Too many nonces about

Seriously. You gotta take into account the fact that they don't call "retards" retards anymore. Legit mental retards are called "autistic" now. That plus the other reasons in the other posts.

PC culture is destroying way more than we think it is.