>>84620314

This got me thinking.
The new 52 constantine series did not exactly go over well.

Question is just how much of it are they going to retcon (or maybe a better question would be what aren't they ditching.)

give me a tl;dr of the new series
It was cancelled for being gay or something right?

The preview for Rebirth looked shitty too
John is used so much for never being used well

They gave John Sam Winchester origin, from the series Supernatural, in this comics, which was kinda funny in a sad way.

John should be in the Winchester-verse for lewd reasons

It didn't get cancelled, just got relaunched for Rebirth. It was actually pretty good, got better as it went.

And no he wasn't gay, he was bisexual.

They aren't likely to drop outright anything from the nu52 stuff so much as just never mention it again. Any characters from it at most will next meet John and just say "I know him" but without going into context.

Hellblazer was great on its own as a Vertigo separate universe book where you could explore more adult themes.

When they brought it into the DC universe proper they forgot that it was successful as an adult book. They dumbed down the material, tried to make another superhero book. This time with Magic!

It doesn't fit the character or the feel of the book that came before.

It would be like trying to take Gaiman's Sandman and make him a regular superhero. It's just a bad idea to begin with.

Lucifer, Shade and Books of Magic > Hellblazer anyways

Nah, man. The writers just fucking sucked and were trying to reinvent the wheel.

Danial Hall appeared in JLA before and that story was well written.

Most of the problems with Nu52 come from mediocre readers trying to reinvent the characters in some very stupid way. I mean, why would you turn Giovanni Zatara into Chris Angel?

Hellblazer was going to shit for the last 100 issues or so anyways.

>going to shit for last 100 issues or so
and about half of his OG 200 aren't the best either
still has almost 100 great issues

I really feel like my life is less for the lack of a Morpheus of the Endless vs. Superman mini

It was canceled to make room for his rebirth series.

John has been bisexual since about issue 80 of hellblazer.
His dcyou really picked up towards the end the final issue especially felt like classic hellblazer.

I think you can have him interact with the outside world it's can just be difficult to get it right.
Justice league dark was the wrong way to go about it.

I think the best basis for it is to remember that John is far better then most at traveling the various magical realms get people to shanghigh him into that.

His own book should be self contained though which is the one thing his new 52 series got right. (His dc you got it right to but that also got some other things right as well)

I think the decider of how heavily there going to avoid teamups will be in his sixpack and dogwelder issue I doubt there going to have many of them no matter what but if people don't like it there will be even fewer teamups.

I just want uncensored swearing again

It was tumblr.
It was written by nu males.
It was written by Americans. Very few Americans "get" Constantine.
Its held back by PG DC bullshit.
It had action scenes and John casting flashy magic.
It had John getting fucked in the ass by a big black married man.

It was awful.

>It had John getting fucked in the ass by a big black married man.
That was a difrent series.
Besides it ended the same way all Johns relationships do

It's possible I'm forgeting something that happened though I cant remember much of the storylines.

Everything post Vertigo is garbage.

Except for two exceptions. The Villain month 3D cover one shot. Constantine's was great with Dr.Fate.

And he Nu52 2 parter where Constantine and Swamp Thing met in a tiny village

I liked him in sword of sorcery

And you could easily argue that most of his dcyou was bad but issue 13 was incredibly good.

He was fine in I, Vampire

Issue one of his new series has Shazam being anal about John, so that's still there

Fun fact Kripke originally wanted a episode featuring John Constantine, instead they based Castiel's outfit on John's.

Still does not forgive him does he.

some people just can't let things go

I can't remember much of his new 52 what did they do to his origin

They just retconned it with the rebirth speical, its more or less the same as the vertigo one now

Wait is that out now I'm not seeing it on comiXology

It got storytimed here

Yeah I just read it.
Really shit the bed on the last 2 pages

Shade and like half of BoM were not better that any of Hellblazer before Milligan's run. No, not even Azarello's run.

Supes would have to be the Superman Thought Robot to even stand a chance, and he probably still wouldn't win.

Shade is GOAT tho.

>far better then most at traveling the various magical realms
Only if like 10 other people aren't available, and you need it done on the down low.

You're delusional. The whole thing was a Saturday morning cartoon of Hellblazer.