THE GADSDEN FLAG IS RACIST

video.foxnews.com/v/5075239843001/dont-tread-on-me-symbol-may-officially-be-declared-racist/?playlist_id=928378949001#sp=show-clips

chron.com/news/nation-world/article/Gadsden-flag-9128843.php

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/4/gadsden-flag-under-eeoc-microscope-agency-unclear-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

NEW LAW PENDING claiming that showing the Gadsden flag in the workplace is racial harassment. Why are they treading on us Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fi/?gws_rd=cr&ei=BxSpV7i8EcP_sQHgtrTIBQ#safe=off&q=us flag racist
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is gathering information to determine whether the iconic Gadsden flag is racist and punishable under federal workplace harassment regulations.

>The impetus was a Jan. 8, 2014, complaint brought by a black federal employee who was upset by his coworker’s hat, which bore the flag.

>The individual who filed the complaint did so because the flag is allegedly an “indicator of white resentment against blacks,” specifically tied to the tea party movement, and that its creator, South Carolina statesmen Christopher Gadsden, owned slaves.

>everything right wing is racist.

Libertarians just voted for Trump, nice, that's all Johnson's voters onside.

>the navy is racis

the American flag is next white boi

no fucking way!

So it's one of these threads now

>being right-wing is considered racist in america

No way my wifu is racist

>I think the commission got this one right. When it comes to the meaning of symbols, social context is everything. Even symbols that have no direct historical connection to racism can change meaning over time. And if we’re going to have laws against workplace harassment, we have to prohibit all harassing behavior -- including harassment that’s overtly political.

>The Gadsden flag features a coiled rattlesnake on a yellow field over the famous motto. It is said to have been designed or at least promulgated by Christopher Gadsden, a politician and patriot from Charleston, South Carolina. He was a member of the Marine committee of the Continental Congress; the newly formed Marines were reported to have used some version of the image and logo on their drums in 1775. And Gadsden gave a version of the flag to the commander-in-chief of the continental navy to use as his personal standard on his flagship. In 1776, Gadsden gave a version of the same flag to the South Carolina legislature. Gadsden made his money as a merchant in South Carolina, and both owned and sold slaves.

>Further investigation is reasonable because the meaning of symbols does indeed evolve. The Confederate battle flag meant one thing to troops in the Civil War, another to postwar members of the Ku Klux Klan, and something different still -- or, really, a range of things -- to those who display it today.

holy shit they're actually going to ban it jesus christ

So will they tread on the people who wave this flag or not?

>today

Pretty much everyone today thinks it's a libertarian flag for government and other people to fuck off

It's not racist at all

This one is my favorite.

Well hello there

>don't tread on me
>gets tread on

It says right there on the flag to not tread on you and yet they do it. Rude!

didn't the Harlem hell fighters use this?

underrated kek

>fishpussy
shit taste. Even for a leaf

>may be declared racist
another day in a parallel universe

nuke yourself already.

At least they haven't gone after the "come and take it" flag yet

Need higher res version

/r/ing someone make a

"Dont tread on me or my wife's son ever again"

Yet being the key word.

Flag used against mexicans. yeah its going to come down in the next 50 years. Especially with the gun owner/NRA side of it.

Reminder that racism is a meme created by Leon Trotsky in the 1920s to turn Bolshevism into a race and call people who didn't believe in it (mostly rich landowners) racists. Racism is literally a nonexistant term used to take something away from you.

>flags are racist

>The "Come and Take It" flag is a clear symbol of the white male refusing to appropriate resources to less fortunate minority groups.

>Much like refusing to give up the cannon, the white male refuses to pay taxes and give to charities targeting underprivileged black children.

I have a similar one

oy vey goyim shut it down

Not shit edition.

helo this is snek

Libtard status: tread on.

Hivemind.

literally the worst modern flag in existence.

>Missing the best one

>That's right goyim, any symbol of rebellion is racist!

kek

Best one

Is the left just going to call every other ideology besides marxism racist?

BLM version

Can you blame them? Its worked so far.

Makes more sense with English flag

I got one saved but it's got a shitty white strip underneath. Too lazy to fix.

>besides

Modern anarchists already condemn their forebears as being privileged white men who could not see the full picture.

Thankssssssss-ssss-sis-sss.

>sips tea

>Too lazy

Ssssssss ssssss skt sssssssk ssssss ssssk.

>Modern
>First used by the Continental Navy during the War of Independence

Ahmed please.

Here m8, thank you

Stop treading on me, like really?
#ugh #Groanzone #BigGovernment

I presume you haven't seen these Liberian regional flags...

Isn't the Tea Party just against higher taxes & regulations? how is that racist?

Juan, war of independence was not long ago.

Post the Australian gadsden

>it's racist
I thought it was used by libertarians who strike me as the least racist political group.

How long until they go after the Mississippi flag?

Shitty regional flags.

US has regional flags just as bad. I wouldn't even mention them.

>the U.S. flag is racist

How long do you give it?

Reported for racism

You can't be serious

google.fi/?gws_rd=cr&ei=BxSpV7i8EcP_sQHgtrTIBQ#safe=off&q=us flag racist

Still got the bloody arm flag

I guess I'm proud to be a racist then

kill niggers! etc.

i know right. Time to spread this shit.

take this for example

They did in philly during the DNC, they had it taken down

>"Uh oh, cops haven't killed any niggers in a while. We need something to scream racist about, and quick!"

Fucking faggot liberals give me the diarrhea.

What a load of bulshit

>its creator, South Carolina statesmen Christopher Gadsden, owned slaves.
Uh oh, guess we can't have a constitution anymore.
Then again the people supporting this shit probably want that.