Forget Death Note. One best live-action adaptations of anime/manga is on the way

Forget Death Note. One best live-action adaptations of anime/manga is on the way.

youtu.be/ihc964sRt8M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALj5MKjy2BU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>one of the few that makes more sense in English
>use Japanese actors
God damn it!

looks good and I'm glad that they are asian

Looks like shit just like the Jojo movie. Why can't Japs into anything above direct-to-DVD production values?

How is this a WB movie. Looks made for TV

Why are asians so afraid of admitting that most anime characters look white? For fucks sake isnt FMA based on Europe? People really can say Von fucking Hoenheim is asian?

That being said this will literally be shit. No asian adaptation of anime hs ever been good.

Acting and visuals looks crappy and fan-made tier desu. I'm excited to see who they cast for the homunculi though.

Bad costume and make up design plus however they color grade their footage looks like an episode of the Power Rangers

I liked this one.

>pretty boy in a wig
>India-tier CGI
Why won't Japs just die

>asian actors
No thanks, I have standards

does this adaptation include goosh goosh?

The jojo movie stands looked better than I expected desu

Because its being made in Japan for the Japanese.

Ghost in the Shell didnt do well. All live action animu is shit

Money Laundering

i don't think that's the case so much as they're releasing a japanese movie to a japanese audience and it's easier to find japanese people who can speak fluent japanese than it is to get actors of the proper races that look the part and also speak and understand japanese perfectly. do such people exist in japan, absolutely, but consider that very few of them are likely actors.

>draw your characters to look like unrealistically western looking models
>"we should make a live-actio-..."

>fake wigs and a modicum of semblance

For an extremely xenophobic culture...they sure fuck themselves over.

this is just hokey chinese cgi.

And word from Anime Expo 2017 is that the film is good. There was a screening of some sort there. We all know anime fans are quick to tear a hack adaptation apart (see DB and GITS).

Nothing to do with color grading.

It's just shit tier lighting work which makes it look like a tv production.

protip : if something looks cheap in 99% of the cases it's crappy lighting

>We all know anime fans are quick to tear a hack adaptation apart (see DB and GITS).
so they only complain about the ones made by westerners

> I'm excited to see who they cast for the homunculi though.
Curious to see how they're going to make this work

I enjoyed the films wish it didn't have to reduce the characters and story so much but I understand why.

> "In this work, I’m using a technology that was used in Hollywood movies such as The Avengers. We’re using a lot new techniques that were never used in Japanese movies before, I would like to boost Japan’s CG level with this movie." - Fumihiko Sori (director)

It's going to be great

>Why are asians so afraid of admitting that most anime characters look white?

They arent.
Retarded white weebs dont want to admit that their japanese gods worship white people aesthetics because fuck drumpf.

>cuck being cucked out of his film industry by niggers and women
>starts crying because japs are keeping their actors
Sad bitter little cuck has nowhere else to go lmao

WE

I'm extremely triggered that these Aryan characters are being played by nips

much better than letting Hollywood cast it.

lol

fragile white faggots are so funny

This one is pretty good, but why do they need to insert pretty boy actors everywhere? He's a samurai, does he need to be a pretty boy? It's not a part of the story

He was pretty in the anime.

Korean filmmakers should start making live action animes

youtube.com/watch?v=ALj5MKjy2BU

are there ever ugly characters in anime that aren't just demi-faceless fat hentai rapists?

goddamn its been years since I watched this. This and Attack on Titan or whatever its called are the only animes I've watched. AoT movie was okay but translating THIS into live action is weird as fucking shit

why are Japanese so goddamn incompetent when it comes to live action?

>AoT movie was okay

>No thanks, I have low standards

Not really, he was just a dweeb.

>why are americans so goddamn incompetent when it comes to live action?

I don't know.

what sort of thematic or moral quandaries and tales could you weave into fma that fits into a movie length format and keeps the movie from just being a knock-around gook magic action flick?

look like a bunch of weeaboo cosplayers fucking around on a B movie set

"Since the original story consists of 27 volumes, I cut it down in to two hours, but we will stay faithful to the manga. I can’t tell you much details yet, but I think that you can guess what will be the main story based from the cast that was already announced. Since I’m a big fan of the original myself, I don’t plan to change the setting, the world view, and make a different story, so please don’t worry about that. Of course we will have the philosopher’s stone coming out [somewhere in the story]" - Fumihiko Sori (director)

>looks good

You have to be 18+ and not a fucking retard to post here

>why am I a weaboo faggot?

I don't know, maybe your mother took anti depressants when she was pregnant with you - it's been linked to autism.

>>why am I a retard white fatso?

Fast answer: because you are american.

>turn a character white in the movie
>whitewashing!!!!

>turn a character asian in the movie
>yaaass queen slay!!!!!!!!!

A criticism of brotherhood was how parts were cut down. I don't see those parts getting a good treatment.
Has best Hitlers actor been shown?

When you leave it to Japs to adapt anime, the result still varies from mediocre to shit, but at least it resembles source material and the cosplay is good.

Live-Action anime adaptions have always and will always be bad. The majority of anime series won't translate well to live action and those that are popular enough to warrant an adaptation definitely will not.

The effects don't look too bad, alphonse looks pretty good, and edward looks like actual shit.

The first live action Rurouni Kenshin was
very enjoyable, the second and third, not so much. Some of the fights were OK.

This movie reeks of "1 town syndrome". I really wish they'd just make these movies set mid-series in the middle of a conflict than focus on on low-tier 3-Act drama that hand holds you through. Don't like the casting on Ed, and not just because his wig is silly.

>not sticking to stories that take place in Japan with Japanese characters

I understand the cast being Japanese, but damn they look stupid as blondes. It's really distracting.

There's literally multiple lines in the anime/manga about how kenshin is a pretty boy

Where it was filmed?

>Japanese gods worship white people
Lets not go overboard

I like kenshin's adaptations

If would be just as silly with white people.

Because this shit is basically high budget cosplay theater, and not meant to be a real film adaptation. Sadly, they just don't play that way in Japan.

Japan lacks this thing called Western actors. Even worse, it lacks Western actors that speak Japanese

It's a movie made for a Japanese public (because it would flop hard outside of it because only a minuscule % of people outside of Japan knows FMA), you have to make it in Japanese

FMA(2003)>FMA Manga>Naruto>FMA Brotherhood.

Objective shitty opinion

Just. Fucking. Stop.

It's like watching a retarded kid with a gun.

>only a minuscule % of people outside of Japan knows FMA
You're joking... right?

>Nearly everything about the Death Note movie looks like shit.
>But they have Willem Dafoe doing the voice of Ryuk.
Were Netflix allowed to only make one good decision before being contractually obligated to make everything else terrible?

Is anime getting popular, or are they only looking at the stuff on Netflix and claiming it's the best?

Looks terrible

>jojo movie
what????

>blonde asians

>seeing a lanky jotaro
man fuck part 4s art style I want a live action movie with buff Jotaro

EDUARDOOO ERRRICUUU

>the one anime adaptation that was definitely supposed to be whitewashed
Edward Elric - the whitest name possible with long blonde hair
Though Colonel Mustang I agree might've been Asian based on how he was drawn

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. FMA is obviously staged in a fictional Europe. It even has non-middle east and non-chinkland.

I can see Death Note adapted into a movie, but FMA's plot is too long and convoluted.

>there will never be a (good) live-action Evangelion movie in your lifetime

I agree
>obviously takes place in not-germany
>90% of people are caucasian looking
>alchemy in the show is based on European alchemy and occultism

Attack on Titan was thoroughly criticized, by both Easterners and Westerners, before and after release.

Anno already made a good one himself with Shin Godzilla

Mustang was supposed to be of Xingese descent IIRC, so he was part asian.

Plus, actual asians from !china actually gets involved, and have a pretty big role too, so it's extra fucking weird.

Jesus, I forgot how much Bones made Ed a pretty boy in 03.

Fujo money I guess, but fuck.

They could dub them

Hey hey shit. That's a terrific-looking Al.

I hope you die in an unbelievably painful way.

Looks like shit because gooks can't act and it has a cosplayer's budget.

I liked the Space Battleship Yamato movie.

they're just by default japanese, the same as if you watch any anime in any country, kids will not try to look into the physiognomy of the character and say "oh, this the writer was suppose to say is black, white or japenese", that only happens in America and their include all race bullshit

>live action jap movie

Oh looks it's terrible, what a surprise.

Asians do admit anime characters are white looking. They make them Japanese in local, live action adaptions because that's what is available for actors. Also, goku is white, as are all universe 7 Saiyans besides gohan and goten (half white/half asian). Universe 6 Saiyans are asian.

The FMA characters are explicitly white, that's why they have blonde hair. Blonde hair = gaijin in anime. There are asian characters in the show

Anime is the equivalent to low level super heroes that while not well known, have a solid following. Hollywood thinks they can turn anime adaptations into the next super hero movies, but it will never happen due to 1. anime being too weird/hard to adapt and 2. they will adapt the wrong series. If hollywood wanted to do anime right, they'd do series like Macross, Gundam, or Lupin the Third instead of stuff that either can't or doesn't need a live action adaptation, like Dragon Ball or Death Note.

Suga best boi

>we're gonna make a universe based off of europe (particularly the dutch because we like them more than the rest because they were nice to us) and have it distinguish itself from the asians in the other continent in our universe filled with really asian-looking people that are clearly much different than the blonde german whites in the anime but as soon as we make a live action we're gonna make it about a bunch of japanese teenagers

Hair looks red not blonde, the fuck.

they exist, albeit rare.

>be japanese
>make an anime that is basically the opium wars with superpowers, western nation invading oriental asian nation trope that is mostly modeled after China

so we've got an anime about europeans and chinese people, this is why making a japanese live adaptation totally misses the point.

>Shin Godzilla
Why not thigh Godzilla?

This.
Brotherhood is shit because of how it starts and ends.
Be thankful FMA 03 got you into keep watching the ebin reboot closer to le source material (the openings are cool though).

>plus however they color grade their footage looks like an episode of the Power Rangers
Maybe because most of power rangers footage is japanese to begin with you colossal idiot

>Japanese
>actors

>ching chong
i'm out