It's a "grandma is actually badass!" gag

>it's a "grandma is actually badass!" gag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMe_i8PcObI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kind of on a side note, what is it with so many female characters in cartoons knowing karate or some kind of martial art? Like when a group of characters get into trouble and all of sudden the girl character saves everybody by judo-chopping the bad guys like it's nothing.

>The professional hitman/assassain dies in his moment of triumph because he'd rather gloat than finish the job.

I cannot describe how much I hate this. It's like a big "FUCK YOU" to the audience.

I kinda think my grandma's badass.

I'm sorry if yours is shitty but the fact that mine can even walk kinda amazes me. Had a hard fucking life and still managed to raise some decent kids too.

Well a lot of women take martial arts self defense classes, but it's not an excuse for every woman all the time.

It's the annoying gimmick girls are strong and can take care of themselves, or the "oh wow, didn't expect this girl to be badass" turnaround.

Part of why I hate the badass grandma trope.

Probably following the trail of modern Daphne Blake.

OP never had a slavic grandma

You keep your mouth shut OP. And my apologies for the thumbnail, it's 5AM and I'm too tired and frankly don't care enough.

To be fair OP specified grandma and not babushka.

Yes, yes they're the same thing, shut up.

>I've trained my entire life & dedicated my entire being to being a trained killer who has taken the lives of innumerable men
>oops i died cuz i let my guard down to make a joke

You're missing the point, I guess you can call your own one or someone you saw, but in media it's annoying almost all of the time.

Because girls are badasses. Deal with it.

>It's a "grandma is a dirty thief and liar" gag

Punch a girl in the tits and she's down for the count.

Gee, someone has shit taste.

>it's a "the badass is actually a grandma!" gag

To be fair, there are plenty of real world examples of badass motherfuckers dying to inane completely avoidable bullshit.

Nobunaga basically had Japan won and he went and publicly and repeatedly insulted a major retainer of his after getting his mother killed.

As it turns out, said retainer became very pissed and burned his ass to the ground.

>you have shit taste because that means you make that face and one of my favorite jokes from this comic series
you keep going

isn't that a "masked character revealed" thing?

>retainer
uh... how does a retainer do all that?

Yeah no, I'm with that guy. If you're dissing Bone, you DEFINITELY have shit taste.

I literally can't even tell what you're trying to say. Are you Russian or something?

>It's a "badass is actually kiddy/girly" gag

>it's a "grandma is now hot" gag

>it's a innocent looking character can fuck you up and the go back to normal smiles gag
probably the main piece of shit joke that's around often, it's right in with the rest of the big offenders in the new powerpuff girls series that I've noticed from what people have posted, Bubbles will get bad, fire in her eyes and all that crap, and then go back to "teehee"

You mean when they revert back to there younger selves or something

>It's a "Grandma is a cheating bitch" episode

Grandma Ben is the exception.
Would it be autistic to make a thread for both Bone and EEnE?

No, you just wind up seeing them in lingerie.

Whom do you call "gag"?

If you can't understand that, you're retarded.

I've never met a girl who even took self defence classes. Seems unlikely.

>it's a goth girl character

wow, i see so many butthurt guys over girls being strong on this site these days, what's the difference between a guy being strong and a girl being strong? that a guy can't gloat about it anymore? i'm not even baiting, i know you all will think so, but im not, honestly the "women strong tropes are cringe!" posts seem to be bait moreso

Fucking Madagascar, gah

mothafucka you will not talk shit about Aunt May

>it's a girl power scene
>everyone applauds in it

>someone you're sitting near applauds or you see a post online congratulating the scene for existing

I read it in her voice.

>the smallest or youngest member of the family is the smartest/strongest/most cunning/whatever
I hate this.
I hate this so much.

USMC-user here. I've seen the spectrum of fighting chicks while I've been in. Some (Read:95%) women can't fight their way out of a paper bag, but some can go a lot harder than you'd ever think. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a 5'4", 130lb female Sgt tapping out a 6,2", 210 lb guy.

Of course, what turns a story of "girls rule, boys drool" in any normal cartoon into "oh yeah, that makes sense" is that the woman was a black belt, lifted like it was cool and the dude was pretty inexperienced in MMA. If a chick is somehow throwing around men twice her size who have probably gotten at least a learner's course in grappling, then she had better look like Rhonda or it just looks ridiculous. I'm looking at you, Natasha "Oh I had terrible experiments done on me to make me inhumanly strong, lightning quick badass, but Marvel will never elaborate on them or show me using my abilities in a non-combat setting like they let all the men do because they simultaneously can't show women in distress but also don't want me to lose my feminine charm with the 16-30 male demographic despite the fact that they don't really give a shit and just want to see me do badass shit like knock a punching bag off the ceiling god that would be cool" Romanov.

>women
>strong

Alright mods I'll bite, what the fuck did you do that for? I was just fucking around with him about saying he was wrong. Come on, don't do that.

It's not a matter of women being strong. People around here love strong women. Both physically and mentally. And honestly it's not really a big deal in cartoons or comics because it's easy to suspend disbelief.

But too many writers nowadays are going "We need to make this woman strong, let's have her beat all the men despite not having any backstory for being so and then forget about her powers when it comes time for the main character to rescue her!"

Or maybe I just have a muscle fetish, who the hell knows.

#KeepStrongWomenStrong2k16

>muscle fetish
gross dude

>Character then never does this again

>its a dumbest, silly, joke character is actually the master mind behind everything/evil

if im not wrong only yin yang yo did it right actually explaining the situation

youtube.com/watch?v=MMe_i8PcObI

That is somewhat realistic. No matter how good you are all it takes is one lucky shot to kill you. In both fiction and real life the most sure fire way to get yourself killed in a fight is assuming you're so much better than your opponent that there's no way they could possibly beat you.

My problem is this dumb trope is played with characters that are suppose to be PROFESSIONAL KILLERS. Sometimes they're played up as super-dedicated bushido-esque warriors trained from birth who essentially just LIVE TO KILL. They should know better than ANYONE not to let their guard down for the sake of a taunt. Killing is their JOB.

The trope is always used as a lame cop-out for the protagonist to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. It's fake suspense.

>Oh no! The hero is defeated?? lol jk

Nobunaga gave Mitsuhide (the retainer in question) about 13,000 men to help defeat the Mori clan but instead he took all those men took to the temple Nobunaga was staying at and burnt it to the ground.

Hubris, senpai, it's one of the cornerstones of storytelling.

>They should know better than ANYONE not to let their guard down for the sake of a taunt. Killing is their JOB.

Yeah, but it's situational, user. If you're pissed off enough at someone you're gonna let your guard down. Feelings get involved in all kinds of shit.

>it's a "elder/mentor can still kickass" episode

Oh don't give me that.

There's a difference between telling a story and pulling a cop-out. The whole thing is just fake suspense. It's like a writing crutch. A prepackaged resolution for the hero that relies entirely on making the antagonist willfully unreasonable.

Yes, it's tiresome. Grandmas need more kinds of representation.

Yo same, but Italian and not Slavic.
Anarchist grandma was best grandma.

Bump for more crybabies.