FDA Chooses Option 1: Premium Cigars Now Face Same Restrictions as Cigarettes

As of May 5, 2016, the FDA chose Option One in their new deeming regulations, effectively destroying the premium cigar market.

cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-ruling-threatens-cigar-industry-18788

cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-and-cigar-regulation-how-did-we-get-here-18796

Premium cigars will now face the same regulations as cigarettes -- including a mandate that health warnings must cover 30% of the packaging. In addition, any cigar blend not on the market before 2007 will require FDA testing, a lengthy process that may take up to a year and will cost manufacturers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-user-fees-mean-more-costs-for-cigar-companies-18844

Basically, this means cigar smokers can expect to see 10%-50% of cigar brands on the market, especially smaller boutique brands, to disappear. As for those companies that can afford to get their product to market, cigar price is expected to double or even triple.

cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-user-fees-mean-more-costs-for-cigar-companies-18844

Manufacturers will also no longer be allowed to hand out free samples at cigar shows.

Why is the federal government allowed to impose these laws without any say by the governed?

>tl;dr
youtube.com/watch?v=z137iswJGVA&t=0s

The cigar industry in America is now dead. Cigar prices will double, beautiful cigar boxes will now be covered in warning labels, and small mom-and-pop shops will go out of business, and even massive manufacturers will be forced to drastically diminish their product line.

Other urls found in this thread:

cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-ruling-threatens-cigar-industry-18788
slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/01/cancer_risk_from_grilled_meat_is_it_time_to_give_up_smoked_and_fried_foods.html
cancer.org/cancer/cancerbasics/lifetime-probability-of-developing-or-dying-from-cancer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump?

and nothing of value was lost

Fuck off, poorfag.

Why do only poor people dislike cigars? Do they just not understand them, like liberals and firearms?

im sorry I don't waste money killing myself like a stupid nigger

Not getting your cigars shipped to you directly from a Cuban front company. The fuck is wrong with you people

IF I WANT TO ENJOY A NICE SMOKE AND I HAPPEN TO GET HURT THEN LET ME GODDAMMIT! NO ONE GETS CANCER FROM SECOND HAND CIGARS, IT WOULD BE TO FUCKING EXPENSIVE

Cigars are for faggots anyway, real men smoke Marlboro.

Get over yourselves.

>implying we're going to defend your shitty nihilistic habit because it's popular amongst conservative voting old white men

Just get mouth cancer already. Sick of fucking addicts.

Spoken like a true ignoramus. Cigar smokers barely have a mortality rate above non-smokers because you do not inhale the smoke. They have a marginally increased risk of throat and mouth cancer, but not by much.

And as far as pipe smoking goes, the Surgeon General's study wasn't even able to find any evidence that moderate pipe smoking leads to any increased risk of cancer.

Cigars and pipes are a non-issue that is only consumed by a very small minority, and yet the FDA insists on fucking it all up when there is absolutely no public health concern.

Even if there was, quit being a bootlicking faggot. If I want to kill myself and have fun doing it, that's my god damned right.

They only want to keep us alive longer because they can't tax us when we're dead.
This might surprise you but there are cigar manufacturers not based in Cuba, you know. Quite a few actually. And that's not the issue. The issue is that a lot of US based cigar manufacturers are going to be forced to discontinue a lot of brands or possibly even go out of business because they won't be able to afford the FDA testing.

damn

fat rich guys must be pissed

Okay, bootlicker. See if you're singing the same tune when they start to regulate My Little Pony or your hentai cartoons, faggot.

You can't like what you've never had.

Most cigar smokers smoke cigars very rarely, it's kind of a special occasion thing. After you make a really good deal, the 4th of July, a bachelor party, that type of thing.

I have known a couple people who smoke cigars regularly but I think that's more rare.

>beautiful cigar boxes will now be covered in warning labels

I seriously have well over 50 boxes from working in a tobacco shop for years. Gonna make a pretty penny from this shit.

>Smoking the leafy jew
>Smoking at all
Degenerate as fuck

This is perhaps what I'm most rustled about. Cigar boxes, especially limited edition runs, always have some really neat box designs, sometimes with awesome artwork and banding. And now half the fucking thing is just going to be tons of warnings repeated ad nauseum even though it's all fucking common sense at this point.

>abandoning his culture because of Jewish fashion trends

full plebeian

does this effect my black&milds?

Who cares? Smoking is fucking stupid. Anyone who smokes is a retard.
>The cigar industry in America is now dead
Good, it's a horrible industry.
Everybody who isn't a retard dislikes them. Because they're shit.

Finally, the battle was over and FDA stood victorious.

But for one fat slut from Arkansas, it was too little, too late.

>you do not inhale the smoke
I keep hearing this and it still makes no fucking sense. Futther proof smokers are fucking retards.

How is it a horrible industry? Because people like to smoke cigars every now and then on special occasions? You sound like an autistic dweeb.

Most cigar smokers don't smoke every day, and even then, there isn't that much more of a health risk than non-smokers. 90% of cigar smokers only smoke them occasionally, and there is absolutely no increased health risk from this.

Quit being a faggot. If you actually think the government should be allowed to legislate like this and ruin people's hobbies that aren't harming anyone else, you're the definition of a bootlicker.

This is just an attempt to keep their tax sheep alive a couple years longer.

>he settles for american-made cigars
smoke cuban or don't smoke them at all

You're a fucking idiot. You realize you don't have to inhale into your lungs, right? You pull it into your mouth, taste it, then push it out.

You're talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about. Kinda like liberals who propose sweeping legislation about firearms when they say shit like "30 caliber ghost clips"

>smoking
>culture
No, mate.

Considering the tobacco industry was one of the first American industries, yes, it is your culture you fucking burger.
Non-Cuban made cigars consistently rank higher than Cubans these days. Cuban quality control is shit. Not to mention all of the capitalist cigar makers left Cuba after the Revolution and took their skill with them. These days, about 60% of the highest rated cigars are coming from Nicaragua.

Hey OP. Exactly what is wrong with the FDA regulating this shit? Is this opposition to the FDA in general, or is there some specific FDA thing that is obviously stupid?

A quick search on FDA option one revealed nothing but bitching.

And you smoking shills are always coming here spreading your shit. Why? Nobody is buying.
>You realize you don't have to inhale into your lungs
If you're breathing it you're inhlaing it.
>taste it
Why? It tastes like shit.
Nah, it's just typical tabacco shill bullshit.

>reading through the comments
>Yea, well I am a liberal, lefty, Democrat who voted for Bernie last month and will vote for Dr. Jill Stein in November and I have to laugh at the ignorant Trump supporters in this forum whining about their "freedom"......
>instinctively say to myself "oh shut up you fucking kike"
>haven't even looked at the name of the commenter yet
>midway through mouthing "kike" I look at the name and burst out laughing
ALWAYS RIGHT
ALWAYS RIGHT

Black market cigars?

You're so stupid it physically hurts me

Good, smoking is for faggots.

Why exactly should the FDA "regulate" cigars?
For hundreds of years they managed to be produced just fine without "regulation", but now for some reason wrapping leaves together has to be scrutinized like they're researching new goddamn anti-psychotic meds

Smoking the tobacco jew.

Maybe true of low-mid tier but premium Cubans remain superior to premium Dominicans, Hodurans etc

Nuh uh, cigars are cool and sophisticated. Don't you want to be cool and mature and smoke cigars?

being a nigger

No clearly he should smoke dope instead like the rest of the millennial faggots.

>18 year old stoners walk around getting high in public to treat their "glaucoma"
>fat old men get arrested for smoking a cigar
looks like you need a new hobby, gramps

Increased regulation is a communist tactic to raise the barrier of entry to industries and consolidate a market into a monopoly. Even if the state doesn't own the monopoly, it's much easier to control and influence a single entity or few entities than thousands of smaller firms. Once you start allowing lobbying, you don't even need to have state-owned industries in order to centrally plan anyway.

That was more a rhetorical question. I know why they're doing it.

Smoking anything is stupid. If you think breathing smoke is a good idea you are seriously retarded.

nice dubs, just trying to educate the kike puppets in this thread

We already destroy plenty of Central American industries, may as well wreck economy some more

I don't think you understand how the US government works anymore. Everything is bad for you and you can't have it unless it's been made by a company that has made a sizeable financial contilribution to those in the government. Then it's okay.

>Why is the federal government allowed to impose these laws without any say by the governed?

The FDA will do what the congress allows them to do by law.

Don't like it, then in the next election vote for some moron that cares about degenerate smokers.

>I don't think you understand how the US government works anymore. Everything is bad for you and you can't have it unless it's been made by a company that has made a sizeable financial contilribution to those in the government. Then it's okay.

Case in point: the pharmaceutical industry.

you can smoke all the cigarettes you like filthy goy

It sucks but it is what it is. The pipe industry is also facing a similar ass-fucking.

Seriously why come here with this shit? Nobody cares about your disgusting habit. "Oh, wah wah, my cigar boxes aren't going be pretty. Oh no they're going to cost more". Nobody cares.

will this effect cigarette stocks at all.

>smoking anything is stupid
proofs?

I wonder why they're so desperate to hit nicotine products so hard? Maybe nicotine has a positive influence over testosterone?

Same thing applies to the FDA regulating banannas. And if it's not the FDA, then it's the ATF.

Is there a significant difference between the FDA and the ATF here?

cry moar vegan

Wow, great wordplay. You know what I meant, dumbass.
Y'know there are other better ways to get nicotine than smoking, right?
>he's not a dumbass smoker like me?
>I'll call him a vegan haha, that'll show him

Smoking is degenerate anyways.

No skin off my back.

But I am against this anyways because it's government meddling.

Wild ass speculation: Nicotine companies are HQed in deep red states, and that's where I bet their HQs are too.

A partisan executive branch could shift money from red contributors to blue by making tobacco more annoying and pot more attractive.

Jesus, this election has really ruined Sup Forums.

I remember when we could have nice cigar threads and discuss smoking.

Now it's all
>lol bruh 420
>smoking is bad, dr. goldstein says so

I doubt that. I could be wrong but it seems like they're targeting the vape industry and as a result, also attacking cigars and pipes.

>A partisan executive branch could shift money from red contributors to blue by making tobacco more annoying and pot more attractive.
Interesting how pot makes you docile and dull, while nicotine makes you angsty and alert...

Hmmm... Really makes you think

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
NOT MY OLIVA MADUROS NO
FUCK DAMNIT

>I remember when we could have nice cigar threads and discuss smoking
That never fucking happened.
>smoking is bad
Yeah, how could breathing smoke be bad for you? That's just ridiculous, anything against your stupid habit must be a conspiracy.

>ITT ~ under agers who were brainwashed in school to hate everything tobacco related, acting like smokers are too stupid to/don't realize smoking is bad for you, cheering on the destruction of a traditional American industry and hobby.

They just want no industry to be safe from getting raped by them. Its like the mafia, everyone must pay "protection".

So why exactly do you think simply exposing yourself to smoke is bad, but consuming meat that has been deliberately left to soak in smoke to the point it tastes of smoke is good?

Do the carcinogens you're so scared of magically become harmless simply because they're soaked into a delicious cut of brisket?

Face it, you're a fag.
You don't actually have opinions of your own, you just mindlessly repeat what the Jew media tells you.
slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/01/cancer_risk_from_grilled_meat_is_it_time_to_give_up_smoked_and_fried_foods.html
Better give up barbecue goy it's got cancer in it! Someone should tell the FDA so they can inspect your asshole with a microscope every time you cook a hamburger.

my friend obtained an authentic cuban from his uncle when we were in highschool
it tasted like delicious raisins
that is all i have to contribute. i dont smoke

They're so vocal about it too

What the fuck is the point of smoking tobacco? It doesn't get you high.

my shot in the dark, tobacco taxes are huge revenue makers in a lot of places (see PA). Less people are using them now than ever before, and they're trying to make up lost tax revenue by upping taxes on the addicts and people who a wealthy enough to smoke premium cigars and not worry if they go up a few cents

>He's never felt a nicotine buzz.

yes

So obama want to fuck up the cigar industry too, fucker.

Even if I usually don't smoke american cigars, it's a shame

tobacco SJWs are created by the jews

It makes you so cool and mature. Don't you want to smoke cigars and be cool?
And it's tradition!

The only people i see smoke cigars anymore are edgy teens and 20 something millenials

>shitty nihilistic habit
Why is this allowed again?

maybe get a white collar job

I feel like I see new FDA tobacco regulation shit stories like this multiple times a year, every year.

Why don't they just ban it and get it over with? These regulations are bullshit and they know it.

Because the banning of alcohol, tobaccos sibbling, went so well.

Fuck the government. These changes are absurd.

I hear you. I smoke a pipe and these new FDA regs are going to kill me. America was my last great hope.

Pipe tobacco in Canada is literally 10 times what it costs in the states and anything flavored is banned, welcome to the NWO brothers....

In addition to that, here's a link showing the probabilities of developing various cancers in our lifetime:

cancer.org/cancer/cancerbasics/lifetime-probability-of-developing-or-dying-from-cancer

This doesn't mean people should go out and smoke but it does highlight the fact that we're likely to get super dick cancer regardless.

Also government get out reeee

There is absolutely no way for someone under the age of 40 to smoke a cigar and not look like a complete cunt. Many have tried.

Like BMWs, Rolex watches, fake tan, women called Tracy, personalised number plates, mock Tudor pillars, playing golf and holidays to Marbella it is for people who keep their money in clips and think Ray Ban make good sunglasses.

Have you ever smoked cigarettes? They fucking suck. Why wouldn't they smoke Cigars?

can you afford any of those things?

>implying cigars are better than cigarettes
That's funny.

Yes. But why would I want to?

Cigars are horrible. I can appreciate why you might smoke them if you lived in Paraguay or somewhere like that, but for anyone else it looks ridiculous. It's not "classy", you look moronic.

What do cigarettes have to do with anything?

People who smoke tabs tend not to bore entire rooms of people to death with tales about their cigarettes, unlike cigar smokers. They also don't think they're Gordon Gekko despite working in a call centre.

You'd rather buy a pack of Cigarettes as opposed to buying individual Cigars, smoke several of said cigarettes to get the same amount of nicotine as smoking one Cigar, Risk getting Lung, throat, and mouth cancer as opposed to just throat and mouth with cigars, and smell like Cigarette smoke (distinctive smell that lingers) when you're finished as opposed to just just smelling a little "smokey"?

No, I'd rather not smoke at all because I'm not a retard.
>cigars don't have a lingering shit smell
C'mon, man.

t. menthol smoker and vegan

No, I don't smoke at all because I'm not a dumbass like you.
>vegan
Where the fuck is this coming from? This insult makes no sense in this context and has no relevance.

>No, I'd rather not smoke at all because I'm not a retard
I honestly don't give a fuck. Are you like a vegan, you want a medal?

Shut up you edgy fucking retard.

>mfw i come here knowing this place is full of teens, and i still let it get to me.

>not smoking is edgy
What the fuck? How the fuck is not smoking edgy?

No gives a fuck whether you smoke or not. Its acting like a living Teen anti-smoking ad every time someone mentions smoking that makes you an edgy faggot.

Go smoke some Black & Milds nigger.

>Y'know there are other better ways to get nicotine than smoking, right?

I use Swedish snus, same amount of carcinogens as a cup of coffee. No smoking.