Monday Cable Ratings

>July 18th
The Loud House: 1,937,000
Steven Universe: 1,551,000
Star vs. the Forces of Evil: 560,000

what went wong? did everyone just give up watching DXD after the manlet crashed and burned the channel's flagship cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gravity_Falls_episodes#Season_2_.282014.E2.80.9316.29
showbuzzdaily.com/
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-7-19-2016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get fucked /sveg/

>Disney XD show going up against a Nick and CN show
doomed from the start

Disney XD isn't a basic cable channel and so always gets much fewer views than Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

0.56 is about average for an episode of Star.

/thread

People assumed that the new season would be shit because the old season was pretty shitty, so they didn't tune in
I'm glad I did because it was actually a lot better than last season

I'm not American but I'm pretty sure that those ratings are all incomparable because DXD is subscription only and people only get CN if they have cable? Everybody gets Nick don't they?

Time slots and channel availability.

>did everyone just give up watching DXD after the manlet crashed and burned the channel's flagship cartoon?

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Disney XD killed Wander over Yonder

but shouldnt steven universe get the most viewers than? after all its aimed at a wider audience. talking about their waist size of course.

Pretty much this

No show on DXD will ever have as many viewers as a CN show simply because you have to subscribe to it

.56 is actually, believe it or not, good numbers for DXD

Star is literally the only reason I would want to get DXD. They really need to move the entire show to the regular Disney channel.

>Star is literally the only reason I would want to get DXD.
Then it's working.

GF at its most popular was getting about 2 million viewers on DXD, Svfoe's rating are decent but it's not a big hit

ratings don't mean much

I mean they don't give out Oscars based on box office numbers

the quality of a show is more important than its popularity and sadly popularity and quality don't appear to have any type of direct relationship

That's also because Gravity Falls had almost an entire season air on Disney Channel first before switching over to the other, so fans may have migrated with it.

Star had exactly one episode air on Disney Channel (and that months before it officially began, as a "preview") and everything else was entirely on DXD. In some sense it'd then be sort of "obscure" to the general public, especially if the viewers of Gravity Falls watched DXD for that and only that.

Spongebob out performed them all

Ratings don't really mean much.

Actually I was wrong, the whole of Gravity Fall's first season got to air on the main channel over the course of more than a year.

actually, the last spongebob premiere was beaten by a loud house rerun.

It's still doing better than Wander Over Yonder did.

I just read the Monday ratings on Zap2it and Spongebob was the highest-rsted kids show.

;-;

That's true. Disney should've aired season one of Star on DXD. Missed opportunity, honestly

it was a very small difference, also, TLH is beating Spongebob in the adult demographic surprisingly enough

how exactly do the collect demographic data on these?

I'm kinda surprised considering Spongebob is actually going back to it's roots ever since the second movie came out.

But Disney only airs cartoons that star Mickey Mouse on their channel.

How is that surprising? People are eager to see a good Nickelodeon cartoon that isn't Spongebob for a change.

Loud house: cute smart shota with lots of loli sisters.
Steven U: cute tubby shota with charming loli girlfriend.
Star vs: awkward teenagers.

The people have spoken. All hail shota and loli.

>but shouldnt steven universe get the most viewers
>actually thinking this

Have you seen their schedule lately? The only cartoons they air on Disney Channel that aren't edutainment shows are those Mickey shorts.

Or, ya know, they spank it to the girls.

If you think the average viewer is masturbating to cartoon lolis I think you have been spending too much time on Sup Forums

Then what else is it? It can't possibly be good.

RECORD HIGHS LUNA SAVING THE LOUD HOUSE

I'm impressed the loud house is doing so well. It is easily the weakest of the three.

Would you dumb fags stop fighting with each other and pushing your cartoons into each others threads to fuck with people? There's no reason to fight and start shit with other fandoms. Just be happy there are three (if not more you guys don't talk about) cartoons on the air right now.

>There's no reason to fight and start shit with other fandoms.

damn nigga thats a good joke

>who could be the main demographic of this kids show?

Doesn't Star eps as of now air in the morning? (10:30 est iirc) for that time slot and for DXD in general those numbers are pretty decent.

Star vs just isn't that great of a show

I had to find this out the hard way
At the place I volunteer they have a TV with cable and I was looking forward to watching the monday episode live, but they didn't have DXD...
Switched to CN and it was teen titans go for 2 hours

>didn't get the joke
>posts a picture of Luan

how ironic

sure pal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gravity_Falls_episodes#Season_2_.282014.E2.80.9316.29

Except for the very last episode, any time Gravity falls got more than 2mil viewers, it was because it aired on regular Disney instead of Disney XD.

Gravity Fall's whole first season was on regular Disney, so it's had wider exposure than Star has.

I think it's doing pretty well on DXD, since they ordered a 3rd season of the show before the second season even premiered.

So with the latest ratings for Loud House, it's officially the #1 show on children's television. Most recent new Girl Meets World and Spongebob episodes both came in at 1.8 million.

Steven Universe is still #4, unless you count Descendants: Wicked World as a show (I don't since it's a collection of specials and shorts), in which case Steven Universe is #5.

What was the pint of the spoiler?

Doesn't it get high ratings?

Star's already confirmed for a third season.
I wouldn't worry much.

Where do you get this information from?

showbuzzdaily.com/

Steven Universe does the best in ratings. RS and AT trail behind and then theres the rest of our "new favorite shows"

It's interesting to note how rapidly Disney Channel has collapsed. The average show on that channel used to hover between 1.5-3 million, with Girl Meets World regularly pulling down 4 million or more. Ratings have plunged like 50% in just a few months, their new show Bizaardvark is barely doing a million and the new movie Adventures in Babysitting, despite being hyped to the moon, starring two of their biggest stars, and being their 100th movie, was the lowest rated DCOM in a decade.

They're specifically talking about the adult demographic.
Consider the age of the demographic, and it's most likely just people wanting a nice, simple cartoon set in a familial setting. At that age, you're just leaving home or just leaving behind your "childish things" and moving on into actually being a depressing albeit nonfunctional adult.
Seeing the Loud House being an actually good Nick cartoon harkens you back to the days of when you were younger and you loved to watch nick, and it being about a wide variety of kids, you also relate to each character in a different capacity, either through similarities of personality or through also having dealt with family members.
Of course, that's just a possibility.

I'm pretty sure Star is Disney XD's vehicle for girl related merchandise.
If only they had merchandise out.

All three numbers are actually solid to fantastic. Both Star and Steven Universe are doing as well as they can expect, while Loud House is cementing itself as the new animated anchor show.

Loud House gets an additional boost from skewing younger. The older viewers for Steven Universe and Star vs are more likely to watch unofficial sources.

Hold it you dummy, we got something that'll blow that shit out the water

LOUD HOUSE ALWAYS WINS

Loud House is popular with older people also

Probably. There's no point to subscribing to that shitty premium channel for only one passable show.

Gravity Falls on XD easily made a million views at least per episode.

Modern cartoons are aimed to hipsters and neckbeards. The staff think more on tumblr than on the children

Yeah not like the show running on the main Disney channel for 2+ years helped with that or anything.

>Loud House is popular with older people also

Not as much as SU, RS and AT

>RS and AT
zombies
>SU
shilled heavily by SJWs

Can anyone stream the overnight success episode and post the link

its on the /tlhg/ in /trash/

I'm sure if everyone watching the show on a format that isn't a Nielson Box'd TV contributed to the ratings, SU would be higher than TLH, but those people don't count for shit when it comes to the jews running a Television network.

As it stands, more people that matter watch TLH, the quality of either show is irrelevant.

What's happening with Star is just brutal, though.

Damn I hate the trash threads but I must for the sake of watching

>I'm sure if everyone watching the show on a format that isn't a Nielson Box'd TV contributed to the ratings, SU would be higher than TLH
too bad you have no proof

Yeah I have never watched SU on CN.

showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-7-19-2016.html
>July 19th
The Loud House: 2,279mil
Steven Universe: 1.55mil

SU SPECIAL GOT FUCKING DESTROYED BY A CLYDE EPISODE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It started going to shit once Toon Disney started cutting off shows until eventually it just turned into DXD. It also didn't help that DXD had a CN Real-tier lineup whenever it was released. Then whenever they started to add actual quality programming they decided to cut the channel from most major cable providers for some fucking reason.

regardless, SU is more critically acclaimed.

So what the user says has weight.

I can't wait until 10 years from now when people will be posting in "how I found my fetish as a kid" threads and over half of the thread mentions this.

>critically acclaimed
SJW love anything that pushes their agenda

No shit I have no proof, those people can't be measured and don't count because of it.

You've got the reading comprehension of your waifu.

Shieeeet.

There was a Sup Forums shitposting thread about that episode being hyped just for the gay dads, but I don't know if that happened before or after the episode aired so I'm not gonna guess as to whether it affected the ratings or not. I'd be pissed if the only reason it got great ratings was because gays, though.

S A V A G E

As a browny, i do not believe in race mixing so this shit sorta triggers me

What's with the Luan and SU pictures

>So what the user says has weight.

so does the fanbase

>SU is more critically acclaimed
By who? Tumblr? Tards like Mr. Enter who jizz if a show has even the slightest hint of continuity?

its not Disney XD, which isn't basic cable
either way it seems Disney XD can't have a cartoon that lasts more than 2 seasons

>ratings don't mean much
Ratings literally mean everything.

the gay dad episode aired today, ratings for that wont be out until tomorrow

wtf is RS?

they literally mean nothing about the quality of a show

the only reason Loud House Fags talk about them are because they are the only good thing about their mediocre show

>I'm sure if everyone watching the show on a format that isn't a Nielson Box'd TV contributed to the ratings, SU would be higher than TLH
>No shit I have no proof, those people can't be measured and don't count because of it.

love this logic

Why are you guys in so much denial?

Why don't you google around and take a look at SU and TLH's wiki.

Oh, nevermind I didn't watch anything this week and I figured it aired already, but that's what I get for listening to taking information from Sup Forums.

Star vs. TFOE already got picked up for season 3 though

>they literally mean nothing about the quality of a show
It matters to executives, who are in charge of cancelling your favorite shows.

>comparing wikis
>one for a cartoon with 3 seasons
>one for a cartoon not even halfway through the first season

okay now this is desperation.

>using a webpage literally made and maintaned by autistic fans is proof
Holy shit this logic, why don't you crawl back to /sug/ where you belong

>I'm sure if [people that can't be measured] contributed to the ratings...
>...those people can't be measured...

Consider NOT just hunting down anything that you even consider might be against TLH and shitposting about it.

>Twice in one thread
kek

>take a look at SU and TLH's wiki
>a fucking wiki
>critically acclaimed means something

(((Critics))) giving it praise for an agenda doesn't mean shit you fucking faggot. We're talking about ratings.

yeah but in that case its the relative ratings to the other shows on that network that matter more than their rates compared across networks

Steven Universe could lose to literally every show on Nick every day, but if its the highest rated show on CN they aren't gonna cancel it

you're right

Shows like family guy will always get better reviews that say R&M, metalocalypse or morel orel

And that means that Family Guy is better, in fact, it may be the best animated show on tv for it's targeted demographic

Also, TLH can never aspire to be as respected as SU has within the community.

You guys aren't children and don't work for nick, if you think that people watching your show is more important than the quality you have a serious problem

And that goes for any show

>get better ratings than