ITT: Shows that were huge back in the day, but nobody talks about anymore

Ally McBeal captured the essence of the late 90s culture. It was the first tv show to introduce the concept of internet memes (dancing baby). Why has everyone forgotten about this show?

Ally went too skelly toward the end and drove normies off. Still remember this show was comfy. Unisex toilets where all the issues got aired out and resolved.

This show was huge and even had RDJ in it. Not sure why no one talks about it. I hear more about Buffy but at the time way more people like Ally McBeal.

I was gonna make a post about memes on TV, but then it occurred to me that this baby is the basis for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Murphy Brown is extremely critically acclaimed, ran for a decade, and I've literally never heard it referenced in any capacity except on Seinfeld.

LOVED the show. I even have some of the novels and comics (the comics are fucking beautiful and very realistic looking).

Then I bought the dvds to replace my vhs copies. Fuck that. They change all the music to generic crap. I'm so fucking mad.

that sucks :(

Something about copyrights on the music or something.

Roseanne

Boy Meets World

Cheers

the show had a good first half season, then it went up its own ass. Ally was literally insane with her delusions or fantasies or whatever but everyone kept acting like it's cute and normal.

BMW his on reruns all the time and Girl Meets World just ended recently. So are Roseanne and Cheers. Reruns on more than one channel all year, every year.

It's a Sam sacrifices his life so that his best and only friend al can reunite with his long lost soul mate episode

Kino as fuck

people talk about Roseanne, it's even getting a new season.

I don't like this show because my mom watched it on cable so every weekend I had to give up the tv for her

that was 2015. I was a NEET fighting my mom for cable tv

You still are

Was Ally MB the first show with the dumb ass "ghost" characters?

Ally McBeal was a prototype for LOST. Prove me wrong.

u jelly? ;^)

House

No.

It still hurts, anons.

Didn't age well.

"Dan Quayle!" Audience roars.

If you weren't watching WWF and WCW on Mondays instead of Ally McBeal, you don't understand late 90's culture at all.

I watched the first episode after that thread yesterday. Enjoyed it.

At first I was like hey this is generic as fuck but then I realized it's actually really good.

Prepare yourself for a long ride.

It's worth it.

I have the nolife for it.

Remember the scene where one of the characters eyeballs popped out of their head a la cartoon? Allayy McKino

I hated Ally McBeal cause fox repaced Heath Ledger's Roar with it. I was young

I wish I didn't have a full time job and a wife...I'd spend my days rewatching shit like this and Law&Order.

>>During filming of the first season. Calista Flockheart was known for whispering continuously to the walls of the set. It became so frequent that producers had to step in to speak to the actress. As it was unnerving both cast and crew.
>>As part of her contract renewal for the third season of the hit show. The studio had to allow Ms Flockheart the right to approve which walls appeared in each of her scenes

>Miss Flockheart became so engrossed as her role as sassy attorney Ally Mcbeal. That she even opened her own law office and represented several plaintiffs in court cases.
Although she lost all cases before her fake law firm was closed down by authorities.
One of her clients , Chad Connors said " sure she lost my case, But she was a damn quirky lawyer with just the right amount of sass" . Mr Connors case involved several unpaid parking tickets. He is currently serving a life sentence for his parking fines.

I never understood why people found this funny.

All of Cheers is available on Netflix. I've run through it twice because nothing else on earth makes me feel like I'm 6 years old again

it's too topical, nobody remembers what they were referencing

I think it's because Ally McBeal was primarily watched by adults while something like Buffy was watched by teenagers who are the adults now.

Nah, I've still seen Quantum Leap get referenced today. Murphy Brown and Ally McBeal are completely forgotten though.

lol

Group think. Enough people saying it's funny will "make" it funny. Same reason everybody hates Amy Schumer, even though 99.9% of comedians are just as unfunny as her.

she was cute in the first season, swear she still had a bit of puppyfat on her. I remember the first episode was a guy who was OCD about grabbing asses and he grabbed hers. I fapped to that.

30 rock referenced it more than once. "Murphy Brown lied to us!"

Isn't the joke how utterly unfunny it is?

Cheers was referenced in Fallout 4. Shit game, but it shows it was somewhat still remembered in 2015.

wasn't that felicity?

Really? Where?

Last season of Sunny had a bunch of hilarious references and a Scott Bakula song/cameo.

>ZIGGAAAAY

From watching the show i never got how it was supposed to be funny.

It was more like a sign that ally was going crazy. But maybe is just me...

Because it's the sitcom equivalent of The Daily Show and TWO SCOOPS. Watching it now, like watching a TDS episode made 15 years ago, doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't funny.

This.

It was only acclaimed because "muh Independent womyn" and the Dan Quayle thing.

Those types of show are always forgotten in years because who rewatches shit to feel good about your politics.

>This

Ah Hello fellow Reddit user! It's nice to see another person using upvotes on Sup Forums.

I remember by parents watched this all the time when I was little

I rewatched the entire show a few years ago. The jokes still hold up, but not the cultural references.

The actress is So Fucking hot has she ever done nude scenes?

Are you really going to argue that the ONLY reason people dislike Amy Schmuer is group-think?

But there is always re runs of this,what are you talking about.

it was a shit chickshow that memed and vanished once the meme was stale

underage &b

>Cheers
Shut the fuck up

Loved the Vietnam episode where Sam realised he could have saved Al from a 2 year stint as a vietcong prisoner, but only After he he finished the storyline mission.

I used to watch that show as a teen only because Portia de Rossi is so fucking hot. Her and Lucy Liu were instant boner

>last season of Sunny
>hilarious

Not really..Didn't stores literally have shelves filled with these things?

Good taste user

I need 50's - 90's tv shows that are all about he atmosphere of those times.

Seinfeld, cheers, taxi, the brady bunch, friends - ive seen.

All in the family for the essential 70s experience

Remember me?

One of my favourite shows. Sam was one of the first characters I felt for as a kid.

I have some boring and depressing memories coming back.
I was probably too young to get into it. Lacey and Jennifer were the only interests I had.

We don't talk ofther of Northern Exposure though

>argentina
>white

Ziggy says you are the teen founder of a website that eventually gave rise to the promotion of... Donald Trump as president?! You just need to stop going online and masturbating to anime girls and traps. Do you think you can prevent this from... Sam.. Sam? ..dammit, Sam.

Murphy Brown
Wrong. This has a huge internet cult following.

>implying Ally McBeal made thst song.

how do you sell a gif

>no qt legslut gf

Family Guy had an episode where Peter ran a church and mistook Quantum Leap for Jesus' life.

>implying she isn't Hitler's great granddaughter

>calling those legs
>not twigs

Same reason everyone has forgotten about every show from the 90's: Except for DS9, they all feel super dated now.

S T I C C

I have this and a ton of other shows downloaded, just haven't gotten around to starting them
I watched two more episodes of Gilmore girls last night so I'm getting there

I still remember all those idiots trying to decipher this shitty show's "secrets".

I don't really watch its always sunny anymore but my friend showed me that and I was dying

> 90s
Married With Children

Everyone seems to forget that the only reason people watched this show was because it was mildly entertaining and had girls with short skirts that pissed conservative women off.

godsdamnit I have it on my drive and haven't watched it yet, so many shows. How do you guys find the time?

Lacey is so hot