Why Kazakhstan in Borat is portrayed as generic Eastern European country (filmed in Romanian villiage) when in reality...

Why Kazakhstan in Borat is portrayed as generic Eastern European country (filmed in Romanian villiage) when in reality it's Central Asian country with mostly mongoloid population? Also white Sacha Baron Cohen plays asian character, but apparently nobody finds it racist

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6153420.stm
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/oct/04/comment.television
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1534364/The-joke-is-on-the-racists-says-relaxed-Borat.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's satire user, get off your high-horse and just enjoy it for what it is, politically incorrect fun.

they're slavic dirt people, with a heavy middle eastern mix, mongoloid are not considered Kazahkstani, just like you wouldn't put niggers in a film about europa or america

No, Kazakhs are Mongols with some Turk genes

Source: I am Kazakh

Oh shit, I meant to reply to

So your beef is that you find it offensive that the rest of the world doesn't care and isn't interested enough to find out about your peoples? If anything it's a meta-commentary mocking exactly that and you should feel flattered your people aren't as dense as the rest of the world.

>white
He is a JEW

from what i understand the movie is supposed to be a satire on american ignorance about the world

He's jewish and has a really high IQ, so it's good satire.

You're probably so underage coming from r/thedonald that you don't even remember the uproar this movie caused

>Sacha Baron Cohen plays asian character, but apparently nobody finds it racist
>Sacha Baron Cohen

Truly a mystery for the ages.

Hes jewish and hes based in real life

So you are saying yellowface is okay if you are jewish?

stop virtue signalling you mongoloid

B-but I am Kazakh myself

i mean the do look diferent

now the kazah. they look like a gook with sandnigger mixture

plenty of people found it racist though
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6153420.stm
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/oct/04/comment.television
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1534364/The-joke-is-on-the-racists-says-relaxed-Borat.html

>inb4 fake news
take em for what they are

to a because to a dumb american it sounds like Afghanistan which is a muslim shithole

Sasha Cohen in Borat is utilizing irony to satirize American expectations of foreigners. What's really on show isn't Borat's behaviour, but American reactions to Borat's behavior. What is an obviously ridiculous depiction of Khazaks for us (the real audience) is what a lot of Americans (the fake audience) think is normal and expect of foreigners. This is why Borat is from a no-name country that most Americans know nothing about; this means that most Americans don't have a specific stereotype to expect besides general ideas of what a 'foreigner' is to them. This is why the movie is somewhat extraordinary, Cohen maintains character in incredibly uncomfortable sequences.
It's satire. A truly racist joke would be where the punchline genuinely implies other races are somehow inferior.

>but apparently nobody finds it racist

Either you are too young to remember that they did, or you're just stupid.

If you ever met regular people from all over the world you would come to expect completely retarded behavior after about a week.

>tfw no kazakh gf

Good tabs

>blue eyes
>kazakh
She is mixed race

Blue eyes are native to Central Asia

FFS even Temujin had blue eyes

WTF I LOVE KAZAKHS NOW

its debatable since in a lot of central Asian cultures blue eyes is symbolic of nobility and wisdom
doesn't necessarily mean his eyes were actually blue, but rather writers wanted to present his personality by way of his physical form.

It's because before mongols whites lived there, but they are long gone now, either killed or cucked by mongols

That doesn't make her not Kazakh. It's a huge land area where lots of different people have lived. If you ask her what she is, she'd say Kazakh.

GIB KAZAHK GF

>that absolute qt in third position

Several of his ancestors and relatives were described by both Mongol and Persian sources as blue eyed and light haired.
Their genes still exist

it's possible but I'm never sure

it's factual that blue eyes originated in a mutation found in black sea coast populations, just like it's factual that Mahomet was a black israelite