Voltron thread

A month late but I started watching it this week. 7 episodes in, I'm not connecting with this.
All protagonists are great and are carrying the show, but the villains are Mum-Ra levels of bland, the music reminds me of Tron Legacy but without a single spark of energy, and for being the storyboarders of LoK, the action is pretty lackluster. The storyline is fine so far, but man, I wish the show as a whole was better.

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58009695
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gotta love the mice

The mice are cute.
CUTE!

Good news. New smut of the girl characters. Surprising, I know. pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58009695

>caring about the girls

what a faggot

There is literally no reason to care about the girls in this show when the boys are superior.

Ewww, loli...

I felt the same way. There's no huge flaws but nothing interesting either.

7 episodes? So is that the end of the Balmera Arc? It gets pretty good after that, plus the Voltron fights, albeit very sparse, are fun imo.

Well, if you can't fap to Shiro there's nothing wrong, is just not the show for you.
Still, one of the few action shows out this year, so it's a step in the right direction

>>Pathetic Pidge fans have to edit screenshots of Pidge to give her tits

>>Meanwhile Shiro's beautiful tits are lovingly outlined and shaded by the animators.

>implying Pidge fans want her to have tits

Left the thread a few hours and you guys shitpost with gay stuff.

I mean, I'm still watching it because I really like the main characters. I wish the whole package was stronger.

But I like my Pidge flat as a board

>Left the thread a few hours and you guys shitpost with gay stuff.

>>Pictures with a single male are gay

If pictures with one dude are gay to you, that means you view yourself as the other male in the equation, giant faggot.

Then why does that edit exist?

Because they are people who don't understand the appeal of DFC

Because of people who aren't Pidge fans.

>all muslims are terrorists
>all feminists are crazy
>all gamergaters are trolls
>all jews are evil
>all blm's are cop killers

Hnnnng

>>Wanting to change Shiro in any way.

Why is Allura such a shit character?

I just wanted a story discussion, not this fagposting. Go shitpost on /hm/

I think it'll get better as it goes on. The season did seem strongest towards the end, as they got deeper into the plot and the characters. While they weren't the only problems with the episodes, the ones I disliked the most happened to be the ones with too much rushed pacing or plot devices, so hopefully that's smooth out as the series goes on.

Sadly this is always the case in Voltron, I check in these threads every now and then cause I want to talk about the show, but every thread is always full of the same homolust pics posted by the same faggots, it's really really annoying.
I don't particularly mind man candy, but can't they make their own thread for it so it doesn't clog up show discussion?

You're not going to get any discussion on this board without engaging with homolust posters. Either accept that or go somewhere more accepting of your easily triggered kind.

I started to like the villain when you realize he is the original paladin for the black lion. Him taking on the lions without a mech of his own was pretty badass too. Basically, they spend most of the show establishing the heroes then only really make the villains out to be badass near the end, which I think is fine since the heroes are the main focus of the show.

>easily triggered kind
I'm one of the homolust posters, but fuck off.

Maybe you should join him on his quest.

don't even respond, it's probably the "Pidge is trans" shitposter

How old is Pidge anyway?
I don't want to feel guilty fapping to her and my rule is 14+ is a-ok for fictional characters

>telling someone whining about homolust to fuck off must mean you're the trans pidge shitposter
Fascinating.

Old enough.

I'm guilty of some of the gayposting but yeah I agree that the discussion is the most fun part of the threads, and I'm always welcome for it when someone else wants to talk about the show. There's only so many times we can say "Shiro/Pidge is hot" and "I want to fuck Keith's boypussy" before it gets boring. inb4 falseflaggers complaining about the complaining about homolust for the sake of starting shit get "offended" by me for saying this

Like, I'm really curious if Shiro dies and the other heroes rotate lions, whether they'll change bayards or weapons as a result. Keith's sword is well suited to him even if he becomes the Black Lion's pilot, because heroes always get the swords. But if Lance becomes the Red Lion's pilot, then his laser rifle seems like a weak matchup for its fire element, unless he gets the sword afterwards.

I post a little Shallura but its mostly SHIRO IS GAY/WANTS TO BE RAPED shit thats annoying.

This, we have those homo threads for a reason so all the like-minded people can gather.
Will start one myself if we don't have one going on already.

I don't even like Shallura, I think it's stupid, but I'm just waiting for anons so buttflustered by your post they rush to tell you to kill yourself for having shit taste

>his laser rifle seems like a weak matchup for its fire element
Just make him learn that he can shoot it in a more flamethrowery way.

They could always make the gun less of a peashooter. The fact that his weapon is so crap compared to everyone else's screams plot upgrade.

If Zarkon was any indication, I expect them all to eventually be able to shift their weapons between multiple forms, have different modes, or "level up". After all Pidge's dagger doesn't seem that great at first, but she can use it as either a close-up dagger and grappling hook.

Hey man. Ive got no issues with that. But the SHIRO GOT GANGBANGED and Sheith shippers are annoying as fuck.

I want Allura to hug me!

I'm curious if Shiro ever gets his bayard back whether it's going to have its own special form or be "sword but better".

I just finished episode 8 a few second ago. Man, I really like Allura. I didn't expect it when I saw the promos since she looked really off with ther Princess Zelda/Katara look but she's a great character.

She gets better. Buckle up.

She hasn't done anything to really break out of the mold but yeah, she's not bad either. As with Shiro and Keith, the least few episodes are the ones that really made me start to like them.

I just like her attitude. When people write characters like her it's one way or another: A military agressive commander that demands discipline all the time or a princess who only wants peace and doesn't get too involved unless it's her job to be diplomatic.
She's both while ommiting the flaws of both stereotypes and never seems weak nor bossy, and I like that.

You're aware you're just as annoying, right?

"I'm not like all those OTHER shippers-"

Yes you are.

Is he trying to eat a frisbee?

I think it's alien meat

Go spam Sheith more.
Less gay more discussion.

Pidge post.

>Loving the mice

Alright, I can compromise: Pidge AND Shiro.

>that Sendak hand

geckostuffs a fucking best

>Voltron fights are cel shaded cgi

why

is drawing/animating giant robots fighting that hard and time+budget consuming?

How will you protect Shiro's smile?

Yeah I'm glad she doesn't take after her Gundam forebears. Just wish she had a little more time to get extra depth beyond that, because she's still a fairly straightforward character, but that's what the rest of the show is for.

Yes. Hand-animating robot action scenes is very expensive if you don't want it to look like garbage, and giant robot shows tend to have a lot of action. Even anime has markedly shifted toward CGI for the robot portions.

Yeah, but CG has improved enough over time that it's not something that seriously bothered me. It's better than the CG for Korra, or god forbid the new Berserk.

pidge is cute!

I want to protect her smile.

>all this gay shit with Shiro
>no lewd Pidge

Man, Sup Forums, the mods really changed you over the years

best boy

>Solo male is gay

Are solo Allura pictures lesbian then?

I suppose whether it's gay or not depends on the audience.

I am male, so it feels gay to me. Also, he's crossdressing or dressed like a twink in several of them, which feels gay too.

Shiro couldn't, not when he doomed her brother to indescribable torment at the hands of Mengelegar and forced her to commit fratricide in order to save him from his pain.

So we're not allowed to post pictures that might make some people feel gay?

I'm sorry you feel gay so easily. Maybe you just have some introspection to do.

Matt is probably getting bred as we speak.

Nah that'll be her cute dad. Matt is getting guro'd up pretty hard, he's going to end up like Seven and Jade Face from Xenoblade, we're probably looking at a lot heavier roboticization compared to Shiro.

Their dad is too old for breeding. Matt is still young and fertile.

>his new body is designed for combat swimsuits
Fine with me.

Galra cum is potent enough that it even impregnates older men.

>Took away his lion and leader status
>Gave him no moments Allura, and looks like they will drop their relationship completely
>Had the least and almost no character development
>Has no lines
>Made him a angsty hothead
>Has some of the shittiest stats of the group
>People working on the show never liked his character
Keith was fucked pretty hard in this version.

If Matt gets cyborged up a lot I can accept him more as the replacement after Shiro wins the deathbowl.

"Katie, you have new siblings!"

Does anyone else get the vibe that Pidge might play the healer in video games?

He'll get more screentime when they reveal he's secretly the Galran empire's lost prince and ultimate weapon.

Does his dad still ship him with Shiro?

Is Lance in danger?

Kinda. Her element is Forest and healing makes more sense than being able to sprout vines or trees, plus she already serves as the shieldbearer in Voltron mode, so her powerset would already have more to it than being Squishy White Mage RPG Heroine #385005893058.