Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness

Welcome to step number three of our pilgrimage, anons! Scott Pilgrim continues his crusade of being a shitty person and fighting random weirdos for the heart of Ramona Flowers, only this time his own evil ex is around to fuck things up some. Enjoy, now in glorious color!

Last thread is here youtube.com/watch?v=obV-OL3TwXo

Posting the original cover and the color edition ones both because I kind of like the fact the BW version I have has the full front and back. And some of the covers are better than just the one character and a number of the colored edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TsaYF1fqT4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And starting this thread so early because there will be semi regular interruptions as I cook and at dinner but I still want to get through two volumes tonight.

Skipping straight past the blank pages to where art resumes again.

This was actually a really great issue to start the color ones with, really. It is a riot of light and color here at the start

Woohoo! You found a color version!!
Really enjoyed the story last night, I wound up reading the next 4 volumes myself and staying up till 5.
Bump for respect

bumberoni

Poor Scott. No getting the save point and now a super awkwardly hostile conversation with his big ex. Envy is really a bitch for a while too.

youtube.com/watch?v=TsaYF1fqT4c

The movie has Todd do it, but this is still one of my favorite stupid moments in both iterations

>Oh man, that was Neil? Lol, oops

Envy is doing a shockingly hard thing and out shitting Scott without violence going down yet.

So anyway, who here (and if you're reading later do feel free to respond) is new? I know we had one or two people last night. I kind of like audience reactions to something like this, there's a lot to bitch/praise depending on taste.

I'm new....and I honestly have no idea wtf is going on.

>Kim wants everyone to forget she dated Scott
>When she's the one that usual brings it up

As much as Sup Forums shits on Scott Pilgrim (and Ill occasionally bitch about things too), these comics really do remind me of a simpler time in my life.

God life sucks.

Oh, one sec. I'll link the first thread. It is in the archive if you want to skim it and catch up. The summary on the back of the cover isn't too bad of a summary though.

This is the first thread, thread 2 is linked in the OP

It also just occurred to me that Envy is throwing Scott and Stephen's banter they do back at them a few pages ago. She mad.

And as usual, Scott spazzes out over fucking nothing

Same here it rather melancholic

Scott is shit but can you really blame him for reacting like this?

I found the melancholy stronger before I reached a point in my life when I actually can relate to the cast more. Now it is a different kind of sad, like the emotional drain I get at the end of a marathon watch of Evangelion or something. But it also is a fun ride from beginning to end, so it is a good pain? I don't know.

>Darth Todd

Yeah I feel you when I first read through it I think I was too young to understand it oddly enough which adds to the whole weird feeling.

OP you alright man?

Sorry for the delay. Had to resize the big splash page, which was over 4MB. Going to probably have to do that a few times in the future so may as well get practiced at it I guess

Files too big, experimenting with making smaller.

Also one food thing is almost done so I'm hovering by the over between posts.

Yes Scott, blame Todd. Because her becoming Envy wasn't during your relationship with her or anything and you are blameless in all things.

Julie's desire for him to not date Ramona does kind of make sense with this context though

I keep seeing the Scott Pilgrim books being sold here around but I haven't really wanted to buy any of them because when I tried to begin reading them I dropped it at the half of the first volume because it was boring to me. It has been years tho so maybe I will give it a shot now that there are storytimes and this one is looking ok even if I'm missing a lot. Thanks OP.

You can pick them up for cheap these days which helps too

Links to the last thread are in the OP and first one is upthread somewhere if you want to reread. Posting is going to be slow enough to let you catch up pretty easily

Why is Kim pissed actually? I don't think Scott did anything too bad by his usual standards here.

Wallace continues to be the best. He is best boy

Yeah I guess. The new editions they are selling now with hardcover aren't really that much expensive, so if I end up liking this I may actually get those. Who knows?

Thanks OP, checking it right now. And damn the art sure took an upgrade in 2 years.

Ominous line is ominous.

>You will never have a QT dipping sauce bitch
Why even live?

He smells a little trashy because he is a little trashy in general, Ramona.

Wait was that the point of that joke actually?

You may one day have a QT dipping sauce bitch. Never give up hope, user.

Also I like this page a lot more in color than in BW. It gets the mood better.

Well that's sad. Anyway, going to brb in a minute. Got some more food prepping things to do then we'll resume. Shouldn't be more than ten, just getting the grill lit and going.

Even in flashbacks, best boy is best.

Does everyone befriend Scott by just showing up at his house and being allowed in?

And back. Internet flickered for a minute.

Sweeeet

Honest Ed's: TERROR INCARNATE

I'm trying to get at least half done before dinner, but that probably won't happen given this is barely a third. It'll be like a half hour break when it happens so everyone can take showers or get grub or whatever.

Get in the robot, Shinji

TETSUUUUOOOOOOOOOO

CANADAAAAAAAA!!!

Why did that double page spread pass size muster when the one before didn't? It had the same dimensions. More complex coloration?

To be fair, I'd be shocked she had a date too. Kim is not super approachable.

More petty mooching from Scott here. Good job, Scott. Really showing off well in front of your girlfriend.

>Shirking duties randomly made up by people who hate us

Ramona cuts through the center of the problem.

Also way to admit being turned on by your ex who your current girlfriend hates. That's just dumb. Is it me or is Scott being thoughtlessly a dick a bit more on show this volume than older ones? They get progressively more clear with it each issue.

You know, why DOES Scott have to fight all these guys? What's stopping him from still dating her? Why can't they sue?

Because that's just how things work in their universe I guess. People explode into coins, respawn, and have dance fights and it is normal enough.

>Ew Envy is gross. Tell me about your other hot redhead ex

Everyone wants Kim.

Scott, you suck

She wants a threesome, Scott.