Does anyone actually believe this?

Does anyone actually believe this?

It's been repeated often enough that I'm sure plenty of people think that way.

Not in the least. It's a comment on how terribly hopeless out generation has become. But the potential of humanity lives on and I believe will win out in the long run.

That the Joker makes more sense?
Yeah. Doesn't mean it's right, but when you realize that good and evil are artificial and not real things, then what's keeping you from having fun at the expense of others? Morality is not something, everything is equally good and evil, so Batman is irrational cause he wants to control something inherently chaotic.
Doesn't mean we're going to do it, but LOGICALLY, the Joker still makes more sense.

I have met people in real life who do actually think this is true.

Children do.

>good and evil are artificial and not real things

Just because things are abstract concepts that cannot be proven empirically through scientific methods does not mean that they are not "real".

Hell that "logic" that you refer to has no real, material form, but it does exist. Similarly, we can use logic to determine the ethics and morality of certain actions just like we've done for thousands of years. You just don't want to acknowledge it because the basis for that which we judge to be "good" ultimately exists outside of humanity as a divine theological concept

Edgy teenage years is when the Joker makes more sense. Adults realize Gordon is the real hero and makes the most sense.

Please. Adults know that Gordon is the real hero for putting up with this shit.

Childhood is when you idolize Batman.
Adulthood is when you realize
the Joker is driving from the back seat.

In your teen age years, you believe the joker makes more sense.
Adulthood is when you realize it would be pretty stupid to take life-lessons from comic book characters.

Childhood is idolizing Batman.

Adolescence is getting frustrated at the seeming disconnect between heroic narratives that have happy endings and the persistence of evil in the world, and leaving that idealism behind because it's perceived to either contribute to that evil or do nothing to actually stop it.

Adulthood is when you recognize that the world actually sucks worse without the idealism that drives people to try and do good to others, and see the importance of Batman's example in stories.

How do you know it exists? How do you know anything exists? You only know you exist, in some form or another, because you think, therefore you are. But everything else is just your perception of the outside, which holds no value whatsoever outside of your own consciousness. You think things are there, you think concepts are formed, you think something is holding atoms together to make solid objects. That's all in your perception, so you'll never be sure of anything. Of course your theological concepts would equally be shaped by your experiences.
All in all, quantum mechanics seems to point that the whole perceived reality is an illusion.
If nothing is actually happening then how can anything be bad?

Childhood is when you wonder why Batman doesn't kill the Joker
Adulthood is when you realize Batman should rape the Joker

Its the Gordon mind.

Isn't logic just the physical properties/limitations of they universe translated into human language? Which would mean it has material form?

My niggums. Well put.

He's not driving, he's in a police car.

>How do you know anything exists?

Wait so you acknowledge the existence of logic and mental processes and yet deny that that logic can tell us anything about our experiences?

Then how can you be sure that there really is nothing outside of your mind? To come to that conclusion you would have to use your own logic based on experiences to tell you such.

>quantum mechanics seems to point that the whole perceived reality is an illusion.
Quantum mechanics only proves that standard Newtonian physics stop applying when you go down enough levels. It doesn't have anything to do with magical bullshit.

THE JOKER IS LITERALLY ME: INTELLIGENT, NIHILISTIC, AND A WICKED SENSE OF HUMOR

I don't acknowledge anything, friend. I think logic exists, but I know I'm wrong.
I mean, when I say something is not real I'm using the term lightly. If we exist enough to question reality, then I suppose it is real in some sense, but doesn't mean it's not illusory.

Edgy teens do. They don't want to be seen as kids anymore and make the classic mistake of edgy = mature.

No one said anything about magic. The double slit and quantum states are not magic.
That being said, every technology sufficiently developed has no difference from magic.

What purpose does this serve in your life though? You just acknowledged that the world is "real" at least on a functional level and you can't prove otherwise.

If we really are in the Matrix then your time would be better spent examining the rules and constraints of that existence rather than grasping at straws for something outside that you have no epistemological way of grasping.

Joker is a nihilistic anarchist only retards agree with him.

I get the impression that you think you're really smart.

/thread

Childhood is idolizing Batman
Adolescence is idolizing the Joker
Adulthood is when you realize neither ideals will pay the bills anyway.

>How do you know it exists? How do you know anything exists?

How Can We Be Real If Our Atoms Aren't Real?

It serves as a constant mocking that I know it can't be real but it feels so real that I cannot perceive it as anything other than that.
Honestly I'd rather just kill myself, but from the rules of this "reality" death is inevitable, right? So I might as well ride it out for a while.

You can pay bills and hold onto idealism, man. Belief that people don't have to be assholes and that things really do get better is pretty much the only way I get myself out of bed in the morning.

Childhood is when you idolize Batman and his feats.
Adulthood is when you realize Batman is terrible and you'd rather watch him fuck the Joker.

>Adulthood is when you realize the Joker makes more sense

until you get raped

>people don't have to be assholes
They don't have to, but they can want to.

The double slit disproves that light is exclusively a particle. It has nothing to do with reality being an illusion.

I'm not the one calling other people retards.

>that I know it can't be real

No you can't. If you have no first principle to reason from because you can't prove anything for certain than you don't know fucking anything.

Get out of the PC Joker, you are lame and cringeworth.

It proves perception alters particles and waves.

I tony makes sense if you read the killing joke

How about that: I know it is real but that has no value at all and as far as I know I can be delusional inside an asylum?

>uses animu pic to call someone cringeworthy

The point is to make you realize that this is a fruitless and self-contradictory philosophy, and you should look for something better.

also if you feel that sincerely about having no control over your own life, then I might suggest getting some therapy, since human experience is based in part in physical and chemical processes and screwing those up can negatively impact how you interact with the world around you.

You don't understand QM. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

This happened with the G.I. Joes to me.
Really liked them as a kid then growing up I realized Cobra makes more sense and the USA need to be destroyed

Your shitposting proves you do. Check mate, indeed.

Well that's just common sense.

>It's a comment on how terribly hopeless out generation has become

People have said this for thousands of years. It's a case of "everything was better when I was 12"

Shit, even Socrates talked about damn kids not listening to his advice.

>a diving theological concept

Religion is a prop for culture, not the other way around. Religions formed by a given culture upholds the values present in that, although a religion being SPREAD to a culture can indeed bring along with it its own moral concepts, as any cultural exchange will.

This is why an atheist can still believe the death penalty is wrong. Or right. Or have any sort of morality at all.

This is why Christians and Muslims can disagree so completely with each other on whether gay people are okay.

Take an anthropology class sometime.

Sorry, *divine

>This is why an atheist can still believe the death penalty is wrong. Or right. Or have any sort of morality at all.

>This is why Christians and Muslims can disagree so completely with each other on whether gay people are okay.

Just because people refuse to put a proper name to it, or fall away from the truth does not mean that the truth stops existing.

>Take an anthropology class sometime

Take a theology course sometime before you presume to get arrogant about presuming the Christian argument from Natural Law.

I like how this faggot just throws a fallacy in for no sake, when the double slit LITERALLY proves that observation can change the outcome of empirical nature.
I also like how Sup Forums children think saying something is edgy makes them mature, jerking off to cartoons and arguing about capeshit all day.

Whoa, hold on there, mate. Even theologists wouldn't go as far as saying religious concepts aren't merely representations of society and culture.
Truth is and always will be subjective.

>Truth is and always will be subjective.

Is it truth?

Not really.

Childhood is when you idolize Batman
Adulthood is when you realize the Joker makes more sense
Darkseid is

>This is why Christians and Muslims can disagree so completely with each other on whether gay people are okay.
Both agree that gay people are not ok.

>Even theologists wouldn't go as far as saying religious concepts aren't merely representations of society and culture.

The problem is that within a religion you have varying degrees of importance. In the Catholic church, this is the difference between doctrine and dogma. One is important but can be changed over time. The other is a central tenet regarding the faith and cannot be changed.

>Truth is and always will be subjective

And that's one of those things that's a dogmatic no-no.

Catholics and Orthodox
>All human beings are sinners before God, but the sacrament of marriage doesn't count if the two people getting married are the same sex, and homosexual actions are a sin
>therefore we are open to gay people being members of our church because they face temptation just like the rest of humanity, but will not support their lifestyle

>Protestant Christian churches
>Gay marriage and sex within that committed relationship is totally cool since we believe it's the same kind of love that heterosexual married couples express

>Protestant christian churches who don't support gay marriage
either

>See the Catholic/Orthodox teaching
or
>Gay people aren't naturally gay and need to be taught out of it and converted since being gay is sinful

And I have no fucking clue the distinction within Muslim teachings.

>And I have no fucking clue the distinction within Muslim teachings.
"We must kill them out of compassion."

The fact that you pay for any entertainment or good food or anything enjoyable instead of donating that money to the poor and homeless shows that you are fine with having fun at the expense of others

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I will fight anyone who tries to take my money I waste on fleshlights to give to starving kids so they don't die

Considering we live in a world where people go crazy and decide to go on random shooting sprees, people decide to lay traps for cops, firefighters, and ambulance drivers, and we live in a world where people will just drive through a crowd of people... Yeah, there are real life people that ARE the Joker without the comicbook SCIENCE tech and immortality/immunity. It is sad and messed up, but people are much more likely to break in a joker shape than a batman shape when they have a bad day.

COUNTERPOINT

People who break on Batman shape and decide to be better people for the world usually don't appear on the news.

There aren't a statistically significant number of shooting sprees. Most "mass shootings" occur during another crime such as armed robbery or over drug selling disputes

When someone is so stupid you dont know if its a troll...

Could be real. Remember everyone arguing with a guy on youtube that believed the entire universe is inside our mind because of particle physics, or something.

The fact that you think magic defines something mystical just shows how utterly retarded and naive you are.

nope

Adulthood is not basing your entire moral compass on the dichotomy between a fictional man who dresses like a bat or a clown

Neither of them are role models or anything remotely close to look up to

Childhood is when you idolize Joker/Harley

Adulthood is when you realize Harley/Ivy makes more sense

Childhood is idolizing Batman
Adolescence is idolizing the Joker
Adulthood is when you realize it doesnt matter, as those are fictional character made to make money to feed The family of people that didnt have a chance in life to do something better.

How many retards are going to try to point out that they are fictional characters, like anyone actually uses them as moral anchors?

I did, in my teens. Is calles being inmature

>LOL I AM GAY FAG!

Ivy is just as bad for Harley as Joker is

No

how's the liberal arts degree treating you?

Yes. When you are a child, you idolize Batman and his struggles against crime and villains.

When you get older, you realize that Batman is trying to generate stability through violence. That's something that just doesn't work. He's causing problems and actually thinking he's doing good. The Joker, at least, can admit that he's trying to use violence to cause chaos. He's actually using the proper means to achieve his ends.

In short, Joker is the saner of the two madmen.

Since the jails in Arkham are shite, why doesn't batman put the joker in a custom tungsten jail cell that is sealed off once the joker is inside, with food and toilet holes too small for the joker to escape from?

>Batman is mad
This is stupid. Writers who write batman like this are stupid and don't know how insanity works

He did in the Arkham City Endgame comic, forgot what happened next

He has severe personality disorders at minimum.

Adulthood is realizing that Adam West was the only Batman that wasn't an ineffective manchild.

His city was safe, he worked within the law and his Batmobile was insured.

Complete fucking losers of both sexes who just sprouted their first crotch hair do.

Funny thing is, if this was even slightly realistic, when jokers was going to burn all of that money, they would have given him a lead bukkake taken the cash and run. Dude is fucking insane but he's just one dude and not bullet proof.

Adulthood is when you realize that Nightwing makes more sense.

Which way is it? Because originally Muslims were cooler with it(and with women's rights and shit in general), now it's supposedly Christians.

edgy white kids thinking they know a fucking thing about other cultures/religions are about as shit as whoever made the OP image if we're honest

This response leads me to believe I've misunderstood you somehow. Apologies, if that's true.

So do you believe in objective moral truth?

Sure they were, Achmed.

The fact that you started your post with "edgy white kids" instantly lets me know you are a gigantic fat faggot that should really and seriously kill yourself.

underrated post; civilians never got hurt, and everyone loved him

Like I said, shitty writers

Yeah, and then you have these nice little shutdowns/defence mechanisms so you don't have to confront your own mediocrity. Cute.

/thread

Damn, someone make this into a shitty Facebook meme just to butthurt those tryhard edgelords who share this

>fuck
>not rape

wasted dubs

while i dislike this interpretation i think Batman should at least be a bit of an oddball and have " issues" to work. I feel like DCAU batman is close to the best overall, especially in Justice League, he's not shown as a perfect hero but also has a compassionate side. He's best like that. The " just as crazy as everyone else" batman is edgelord fodder but treating him like he's some awesome righteous flat out hero is missing the point of his character too. He's not superman.