Oh.

Damn.

>new Darkstalkers anything

I don't care, I'm picking this up.

Well, its better than nothing.

The original comic series was so disappointing

FUCK IT I'LL TAKE IT

I kinda hope this doesn't follow it.

I honestly don't even like SF that much these days and Ill grab it just for my darkstalkers boner.

>Hsien Ko in a prominent spot

probably won't mean much but this pleases me

>that B.B. Hood backup that completely missed the point of the character

PILOT EPISODE WHEN

I don't even remember the original comic, what was the deal there.

She hunts monsters because of a tragic backstory where a wolf killed her parents.

Whoops, I meant a werewolf.

Ah. Well, in all fairness it's not like the game delved much into her story beyond RAGING PSYCHOPATH! KILL KILL KILL!

that's maybe a bit too much of a liberty though

>Getting anything nowadays from Crapcum

I hope they don't do DS4.

Maybe.

For all we know she offed the old lady herself.

Bitch is crazy.

holy shit that was stupid, dont remind me

Well, she also has a strong love of money--that's most of the reason she hunts monsters. To give her this cliched sob story that's only there as a reference to Red Riding Hood undercuts not only that, but also her whole gimmick of actually being more vicious and monstrous than most of the actual monsters on the roster.

At least Skottie Young, who wrote that back-up, isn't involved in this.

so I just read the preview in SF Legends Cammy and Im rather concerned.

I hate to sound like some power level whining uber nerd but well....in terms of power IT IS rather absurd to put SF characters against a lot of DS characters.

I know we make allowances in games for the sake of fun but by all in universe logic Chun Li shouldn't even be a blip on Morrigan's radar.

Instead here she's get fireballed out of a building and Morrigan is all "oh Chun Li you're so special, and Ive never met a human like you before."

I know Chun was Udon's waifu in the 90s but for fuck's sake.

Morrigan would overpower literally the whole roster of SF if we're going by canon strength

Is it any worse than BB Hood being able to take down these monsters with guns and shit?

Chunners HORRIBLY broke her shinbone with that kick.

Well, that all depends really. Is this game or Udon canon? When is it set?

Without knowing that its hard to say.

Well that's my whole point really. I feel like the DS characters are gonna get hit with the shit stick to make the SF crew look cool.

well that falls into the whole

>We make exceptions in the game for the sake of fun

thing I said. No one expects BB Hood to be the one to beat Jedah in actual cannon. Hell even SF's own power levels are all over the place, but in adaptation you wouldn't see Makoto being the one to beat super ultra oni shin akuma

storytime the preview?

>I'm the strongest woman in the world
Not even true in SF canon, that would be Ingrid. What hubris.

Yeah, but Hood's still got to be capable of taking down at least some of the roster in lore if she's made a profession out of hunting their kind.

This is why I don't like power level shit.

>Ingrid
>SF canon
Away with you. She's a guest character from a game that doesn't exist on the PSP version of Alpha 3, let it die.

You know that phrase has been associated with Chun-Li since Street Fighter 2, right?

And that sucks because the Satsui no Hado wankery is the worst, most boring part of SF lore but it never goes away because of power levels.

Okay.

We open in HK with Chun Li using ki sensitivity because that's a thing she can do now I guess.

and then Morrigan just boom outta nowhere, just like that.

Name drops Belial too so uh...you should be so much ash chunners

The point of her character was showing how humans could be just as monstrous as the monsters themselves, if not worse.

I liked Darkstalkers as a game, but none of the characters ever really sunk their teeth into me.

this is already fucking awful, does Udon even bother to research the characters they write instead of making up shitty personalities for them

Oh and then Chun Li kicked through all the rubble and sent Morrigan flying back. Because that's totally what would happen.

Drool...

Lucky bastard.

>"Belail"
>that stupidly long, OOC "I am IƱigo Montoya"-like introduction
That's it. I'm out.

IDW's already doing Street Fighter X GI Joe, should have got them to do Darkstalkers X Transformers.

And then Chun Li sent Morrigan flying with a fire ball because Chun Li is apparently the best and Morrigan doesn't bother to get back up and launch a soul fist or whatever and keep fighting.

Cuz you know Morrigan doesn't get off on fighting and would totally run away.

Did we mention how best Chun Li is? She should totally be louder and more in your face and have access to a time machine.

If she's not on screen the other characters should be asking, Hey, Where's Chun Li.

Yes I mad.

Did she just bury Chun Li underneath a wall of bodies?

Them lips...

And while this clearly isn't the game canon, its not out of character for Morrigan to hold back and drag a fight out.

Dude, Street Fighter exists and Darkstalkers is dead, SF characters will get pushed and DS will job, you'll have to learn to live with it if you plan on going any further with this book.

I personally only read Udon stuff for cameos of characters I care about and just skim the "Ryu is trying to fight the dark hado again" bits.

Just because I live with it doesn't mean I have to like it. There's no sense in a crossover if you're just gonna shit over one side.

Here's an idea. SF x Rival Schools. Use the Sakura angle to connect the too. Like say she convinces Ryu to meet her RS buddies.

You can make up some story where Bison is kidnapping students to restart the Doll project. Have Guile and Chun Li launch a rescue operation and Batsu and his buddies be too hotblooded and youthful to sit it out and stowaway to help their pals.

Even if you have the RS characters be weaker you can still have them beat SD villains with the power of team work so while the SF crew look stronger it's sticking to the games style to have them pull wins by ganging up.

Just an idea. It's stupid fanfic tier crap but at least it's not insulting.

Rival Schools has been dead for even longer than Darkstalkers.

the most recent Rival Schools is newer than the most recent Darkstalkers

not counting shitty compilation ports