>this is literally the God of Mexico

But naw, they’re not pure evil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yAXA0NmBnq0
youtu.be/EB5pCMEVPSU?t=21
youtube.com/watch?v=yg8116aeD7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Skeletons are evil
Are you like an underage faggot or something?

Isn't she supposed to bring peace and guidance to the dead or something? Also why is this allowed? I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church used to crackdown hard on this.

now that's what I call heresy

Nah, this is, death is more like a friend

Mexico is literally Death Metal- the country, pretty brutal desu

>I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church used to crackdown hard on this.
It's the opposite. The Roman Catholic Church use to be much more syncretic until Vatican 2.

>she is associated with healing, protection, and safe delivery to the afterlife by her devotees
wow so evil

Santa Muerte is not accepted by the Catholic church and non meme its practitioners do not amount to even 1% of the population

b-b-b-but muh spooky bonez, amirite?

And Tlaloc was the God of fertility, life, and prosperity

Wow so evil

Mary is the god in catholicism.
La virgen de Guadalupe is the god of spanish speaking catholics, we even put the world cup we won there.

>Mary is the god in catholicism.

Nah, death metal is for edgelords
youtube.com/watch?v=yAXA0NmBnq0

This desu

What's your point? Mexicans don't sacrifice children to Santa Muerte, unlike oogabooga god # 124.

She isn't, but she might as well be considered one.

Do catholics even care about Jesus? I don't know much about religion but you'll probably see more muslims mentioning Jesus than catholics lol
It's always Mary

it's an unrecognized saint, saint death, worshiped by cartels and murderers so yes you uneducated faggot it's pretty evil

it's because Mary gives blowjobs to her followers

the virgin jesus vs the chad virgin

Why were the aztecs so edgy?

You have a skeleton inside you right now. Best not to anger it.

Catholicism is just Roman paganism disguised. Replace god's with saints, make Mary Hera. Hypercentralise the control through the Vatican.

How would Jesus react to seeing the Vatican palaces?

It's not a saint exactly, anthropologists I think make this mistake because of votive offerings, santa also means holy in Spanish so a fair translation would be holy death. Notice that unlike Mary this isn't a case of syncretism but that the figure is the Grim Reaper, a European symbol. In Spanish we say la muerte, that's feminine and has a lot of imagery and symbolism to it in in Spanish literaturen and tradition. There's no symbolism for Mictlantehcutli, the Aztec god of death, associated with Santa Muerte.

They do, but Catholic doctrine allows for intercession, a mother figure seems to be more relatable to spanish speaking peoples which is what this guy is explaining. In Mexico in particular this association is stronger as there was syncretism in between various Catholic saints and figures and Aztec deities, eg Jesus is generally identified with Quetzalcoatl, with some indigenous peoples even claiming he came to Mexico himself. Mary is associated with the goddess Tonantzin, the Aztec equivalent to Gaia, who was worshipped in tepeyac where Guadalupe is supposed to have appeared in Mexico.

Who do you praise? Redneck Jesus?

actually interesting posts, thanks

>he doesn't pray before going on a shootout to kill his enemies
youtu.be/EB5pCMEVPSU?t=21

You're welcome, one curiosity to add is that in Mexico the cult to Mary is also nationalistic, pictured is Padre Hidalgo, Mexico's equivalent to Washington, he used an image of the virgin of Guadalupe as Mexico's first flag when he declared independence from Spain, the illustration is muralismo, the figure kissing his head is the motherland.

This is the reason why even atheist Mexicans may take any offense made to Mary as something personal. It's also why despite proximity to the US Mexico may be the Latin American nation less influenced by American evangelism.

Anglicanism was made by a fat perfidious adulterer (kek) and Protestantism in general was started by a fat drunken monk (who also was an adulterer). Calling Roman Catholicism a continuation of Greco-Roman theology is a compliment btw. I can't see why anyone would view this as a bad thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=yg8116aeD7E

He'd say the Duke of Parma did nothing wrong.

How was this movie?

made everyone on the theatre cry

>implying anyone here gives two fucks what the Ch*rch says

why are you people so evil

I'm a college nerd that plays Zelda and can't get a gf, why are you generalizing?

>replying to that
Are you genuinely retarded?

zelda is boring. play super metroid instead

>zelda

kys

>the "kys" mexican poster is also a homosexual manchildren
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ah man, I hope its not sad. When i get time i'm gonna visit my mother she wanted to see it and watch it with her.