twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/882712341225369601
youtube.com/watch?v=gtEHGn0qZeI
youtube.com/watch?v=HD_aLhoxc64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.) Due date is tentatively August 22nd.

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged

strawpoll.me/13363762/r

>smithfags in charge of not getting BTFO

>this OP

Cute chinese/japanese companion is coming!!

Tom ain't even THICC

this actor was snapped in the Hartnell tardis xmas set, confirms the rumours that hes 13? or is he just visiting?

Fourth for Asian companion when?

I loved him but his era was weak

Japanese companion lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=4U8gfQQJszE

REMINDER THAT CHIBBERS WAS SEEN IN ROATH LOCK STUDIO
BIG NEWS INCOMING SOON

twitter.com/StatsBritain/status/882713833961390081

Does /who/ agree?

> not including Eccleston

Asking again just in case anyone else has new suggestions.

Which anime is most like Doctor Who?

13 better be THICC.

twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/882712341225369601

Stats Britain BTFO

Chinese or japanese companion?

I am currently watching The Web Planet.
When does it get good?

1 season ≠ an era

Is that Kris Marshall behind his right shoulder? Same glasses, hairstyle etc.

Korean
Best of both worlds.

who dis

I hope you mean North Korean.

Oh, cmon, he's not even
S T R A W B E R R Y B L O N D E

New Christmas promo image!

>Tells companion he won't interfere with Kim Jong Un's leadership because of timelines
>It's actually because he finds it fucking hilarious

I personally find that serial fucking nauseating. That fucking vaseline-smeared lens and the noise the zarbi make gives me a fucking migraine. Absolutely my least favorite story

Where's the japanese companion?

Capali era in the lead. nice

Am I the only one who thinks Capaldi is hotter than Tennant?

Is it wrong that I want Doctor Who to be lighthearted and fun? I'm tired of 12 being tortured and betrayed and questioning his own personality, I want him to have fun sightseeing universe.

Bliggers BTFO.

I'd prefer Anri. But pic related can be the Master.

Have you never heard of Ewan McGregor? I think Ewan is just a Scottish version of the traditional Hugh. Ewan is pronounced Hugh'n. I'll be honest though I've never seen or heard the last name Rheon. Also, why are you so obsessed with people's names having to be logically pronounceable or phonetically? Did you rage at Freema Agyeman? Do you have a secret hatred of Richard Ayoade?

Anyway, Kris would be perfect and I too would be upset if it turns out not to be him. I will be very upset if its Rosenthal though. Every time I see someone mention Rosenthal I ask myself if they've ever seen him act in anything. He's incredibly bad and makes me cringe every time he has a line.

REMINDER

>spent billions (BILLIONS) of years punching a wall and reliving the same nightmarish day while tormented by his grief over the loss of his waifu
>gets out and has to erase his memory of clara anyway
>spent 25 years with river but ended up just being sadder that he's never going to see her again
>friend became a cyberman and for all he knows she's dead as fuck
>his absolute best friend since childhood betrayed him and he never got to see her become good, which was all he wanted, and now she's either dead or will come back as evil as before

12...had a hard life.

Good thing Kris Marshall is the second coming of Tom Baker then, m8

I like a mix of both. Pretty much what we've gotten since nuWho started

Why did Capaldi not get a catchphase like the rest of Nu-Who Doctors?

Write-in for Eccelston

Well, if Kris Marshall is next Doctor, then expect some oncoming funkino.

- Clara, my Clara
- Shut up

you mean phoebe

I'd love a cute Chinese or Japanese companion (obviously born in England). And I can totally see the BBC doing it for their minority quota regime. We've had white, we've had black, but never Asian. I'd have no idea who to cast though, I couldn't name a single young Asian actress working in the UK

NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING IT WAS RTD'S TURN

WE ARE RTDCHADS AND WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED REEEEE

>do we think that Chibnall can bring back the ratings?
A new era of Who always gets people excited and it's a great opportunity to get more new people to watch it and to reel back in those viewers who've stopped watching.
Chibnall seems to have some bold ideas, or at least that's what he's saying. But it's not just the quality of the show (though of course that's extremely important). An equal, vital part of getting DW back to where it was is publicity. The BBC need to spend a lot of money on publicity on a worldwide level, letting people know DW is back and it's different. Posters everywhere, Daleks wandering the streets of London, an intense and amazing trailer, fuck it, multiple trailers, airing closer and closer to the airdate. Maybe another world tour like Capaldi and Jenna did, where they went to Asia, Australia and America.

Royal Space Force seems like it could be an episode of Doctor Who.

DOCTOR WHO GENERALS ARE NOT REQUIRED

Japanese maid companion when?

I invented Doctor Who

You mean STRAWBERRY BLONDE

source ?

I never understood this meme.

This as not a Doctor Who General, this is THE Doctor who General.

I voted for Tennant five times because you excluded Eccelston.

found a pic of the new companion from the Christmas Special
what does Sup Forums think?

Katie Leung, maybe?

Didn't the general get TGed?

>meme

Don't forget
>Finally accepted who he was as a man and as a Doctor at the moment of his death, only to be brought back again and forced to change

>Me love you Leung time.

>you will never be able to bring her forward 30 years to be marshall's companion
just detonate the reality bomb desu

That lass from Iron Fist

>12 hints that he may become a woman in The Doctor Falls, saying he hopes the future is all female
>Refuses to regenerate after being shot multiple times and blown up

What did he mean by this

What will 13's opening theme sound like?

I noticed that Marshall isnt really welcomed
gallifreybase had at least two topics saying KRIS MARSHALL WILL KILL DOCTOR WHO

For some reason I want the next companion to be emo.

Alright /who/, I've seen every possible TV story from the main show/every spin-off, every movie, read every novel/comic/short story/play script, listened to every single audio story and played every video game. AMA

if it annoys GB then it's automatically the best thing since sliced bread

>You can't do it, Kris, Dr Who is not real life.
>Watch me, manlet.

>we're getting a cute Japanese meido as the next Doctor

Is Chimes of Midnight still the best?

Kris Marshall doc with Katie Leung companion alongside bringing back based Nardie would be the GOAT TARDIS team for me

this meme is becoming one of my favorites

Wrong. She's gonna be some kind of asian.

The same shit as before, user.

who thinks tom baker is attractive?

it's alright

>Series 11 finale.
>Emo companion locks themself in the bathroom.
>Slits wrists and starts to bleed out.
>Doctor tries to save them but can't sonic the door do to it being made of wood.
>Emo companion dies.
Doooo weeee dooooo

youtube.com/watch?v=gtEHGn0qZeI

What was the best and worst story and who was the best and worst writers?

Have you cooked everything in the cookbook?

>spent billions (BILLIONS) of years punching a wall and reliving the same nightmarish day while tormented by his grief over the loss of his waifu
To be honest, to him that only felt like one day. Sure he spent billions of years reliving the same day but his memories are erased at the end every time and he starts the next day completely clueless and with no memory of the fact that he's done this billions of times.
At least, that's what I got out of it or am I wrong?

A sloppy, faux punk guitar cover of this with some Avril Lavigne-sounding lead singer.
youtube.com/watch?v=HD_aLhoxc64

An Asian emo.

punch line

Post >yfw legitmate fucking Hitomi Tanaka companion

Alright guys, what's your favorite finale of the Eccleston era?

Favorite Eccleston era opener?

Let's rank the Eccleston series!

No. Capaldi is a silver fox, tenant is a twink in a tight suit. (not that there's anything wrong with that, each to their own lmao)

He remembers all of his previous days when he enters room 12.

tennant's face is not twinky in the slightest

How would you reconcile the continuity of the Virgin books, BBC books, Big Finish audios and DWM comics in the Seventh and Eighth Doctor's lives?
You're not allowed to say different timelines/time being rewritten/other lame excuses to bypass the issue.

Get ready for the golden age.

Um, me?

Yeah, but that last few minutes when he finally realizes he's been doing this for billions of years and he's going to keep on doing it for billions more has to be absolutely mentally devestating

They're canon

>his memories are erased
no
Every day is a new clone of the doctor
the memories aren't erased, the doctor with those memories fucking dies and gets replaced by one who hasn't lived that day yet