So how long before the first Alien is this set? Why did they stop using the david model for androids...

So how long before the first Alien is this set? Why did they stop using the david model for androids? why are all the crew members so fucking stupid?

it isnt canon

intense character stupidity is absolutely essential to horror

>he hasn't seen Alien

>why are all the crew members so fucking stupid?
truly, the greatest mystery of our time
>alien covenant
>horror
o im laffin

20 or 50 years, idk

Don't care if Alien is cannon or not

Even in alien

>hey lets send a bunch of glorified oil rig operators to retrieve a hostile alien lifeform
>WHAT COULD GO WRONG???

>alien covenant
>horror
this. covenant didn't feel remotely like a horror movie like Alien was
and the crew members in Alien were nowhere near as stupid, Sigourney even refuses to let some of them back on the ship because they could be contaminated but then Ash opens the door like a cunt

What's with the Alien series casting dykes as the main and then also pretending they are straight?
>Ripley
>Shaw
>The mushroom headed one in Covenant
What does Ridley have against femininity?

Why did engineers let to their only little town an ancient, at least 2000 year old, lost bomber carrying experimental mass destruction weapon?

>going back for the cat

you have to look like a dyke in space, long hair would be a bitch in zero gravity

Funny, I picked that up too (esp. with Waterston and Rapace). Maybe Ridley just likes butch women

I can't think of a time when any one had been in zero gravity in those movies

there were so many stupid things about this shitty movie

the worst one was probably the actual first black alien "birth" where it wasn't like they usually are and was instead a miniature xeno and then it lift its arms and mimicking David, like holy fucking shit Ridley has lost the last of his marbles

and how/why the fuck did Daniels suddenly realize that it wasn't Walter and it was David instead when she was in the pod?

>So how long before the first Alien is this set?

Well no one knows. Promethues and Covenant are supposed to be set like years before Alien. Yet the technology is way superior than Alien. Fucking weird and ruins the consistency.

>how/why the fuck did Daniels suddenly realize that it wasn't Walter and it was David instead
Daniels refers to a topic she had discussed with Walter, but David doesn't know what she's referring to, he doesn't react as though they had the discussion and that's how she figures it out.

That's just because you're dumb. Go enjoy paranormal activity 8, and we'll enjoy more thought provoking horror kino

>horror
>without the one remotely intelligent character

>Send down half the crew to an unknown signal just cause we were told to
>Let me stick my face directly into an alien life form that I literally emphasise is alive and biological in nature
>Let's leave the dude with an alien life form on his face in the med bay, no quarantine or precautions
>Let's take the guy who had an alien life form on his face and have dinner with him immediately after he wakes up surprisingly, not checking what even happened
>Let's send the captain of the fucking ship completely alone to deal with an unknown alien in the tight corridors of the ship that is darker than Satan's asshole
>Let me stand in front of the alien and continue to stand there while my crewmate is telling me to get the fuck out of the way so he can burn it, killing us both for no reason
Could go on. All horror films rely on coincidence and accidents, it's just how it is supposed to be. Humans are flawed and often dumb enough that they cause their own death, that's a theme present in every single one of these movies.

>Lets just go down to this uncharted planet we know nothing about without any form of protection from airborne pathogens what could possibly go wrong! we should take the captain too!
A+ bravo ridley

>why are all the crew members so fucking stupid?

What are you talking about?

yeah i t was pretty retarded contrivance of plot
uncharted planet where they act suprised there is human like crops, and they dont even have protection

like this is really basic stuff
also why would they take guns, like at all? the possibility of life is nonexistent hence why explorers are always unarmed and easy prey

them loading up like a bunch of army grunts was retarded, it should have been like 1 security guy, then they stray from him and get picked off one by one, and maybe the security guy was the main character who thought strategically while the rest of the crew acted like retards because they were colonists and unaware of real basic shit you shouldnt do

How was Weyland Yutani even intending to use the alien as a bioweapon?

It doesn't make sense that a feminine girly-girl would go into that line of work.