SEASON 5

Will you give it a chance?

>Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) continues to protect Star City as the Green Arrow, as the city is overrun with crime after Damien Dahrk's death left a power void that several different gangs are trying to fill. With Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) gone, Thea Queen (Willa Holland) searching for her own place and John Diggle (David Ramsey) back in service, Oliver can only rely on Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum) to help him. He is also working as the new mayor of Star City, where he befriends the upstart new District Attorney Cameron Chase (Josh Segarra).

>A new enemy emerges in Tobias Church (Chad L. Coleman), a vicious and cunning criminal mastermind who begins uniting Star City's warrying crime factions under his command, while also pursuing vengeance against the Green Arrow for the death of someone Church held dear, whose life was claimed by Oliver back when he was the murderous vigilante known as "The Hood". As intelligent as he is brutal, Church proves himself to be Oliver's greatest challenge yet.

>Inspired by the Green Arrow, others soon decide to take justice into their own hands, including cocksure ex-Marine Jack Wheeler (Rick Gonzalez), who becomes the gun-wielding Mad Dog. Seeing potential in Wheeler, Oliver attempts to take him under his wing, but Wheeler is perhaps too unpredictable to be a team player. Likewise, Evelyn Sharp (Madison McLaughlin), who had previously stolen the identity of Black Canary, resurfaces hellbent on carving her own heroic legacy as Artemis, despite Oliver's ongoing efforts to protect her from harm and dissuade her from a life of vigilantism.

No.

It was better at street crime levels.

>As Church's influence grows, Diggle and Thea return to join the team, as does former police captain Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne), who is still in a relationship with Felicity's mother, Donna Smoak (Charlotte Ross). In his absence, Oliver establishes a shaky truce with the ambitious newly-transferred detective Sam Malone (Tyler Ritter), while cutthroat Coast City reporter Susan Lewis (Carly Pope) arrives in town to run a piece on Oliver that might jeopardize his secret. Soon, even Curtis and Chase find themselves embarking on a journey leading to their own heroic identities as Mister Terrific and the Vigilante, respectively.

>Once the truth behind Church's vendetta unravels and his sinister plans is revealed, Oliver will have to reconcile with the sins of his past and decide once and for all if he is capable to overcoming the darkness within him to save Star City in its darkest hour.

>In flashbacks, Oliver, a broken man, resurfaces on Russia looking to honor both the promise made to a fallen friend and collect a favor that entrenches him with the Russian mafia and sends him on a downward spiral into the remorseless killer he once was when he returned to Star City five years prior.

Nope.
Remember after season 3 and Sup Forums got excited cause they promised a happy lighter Ollie with a more hope themed season?
Only a full retard still gets excited over anything for this show.

Only thing that's get me to go back to it is if he starts sporting a Van Dyke and robin hood cap.

You're a complete idiot if you'd go back for that.

>Mad Dog
Is this a mistake, or is that what they're calling him?

I really, really like the Neal Adams look.

reminder one of the writers went on record comparing anti-oliciters to trump

Admittedly, I never bothered watching anything after season 2, so I only have second hand reports on how bad it's actually gotten.

sure they did
and i'm the queen of ireland

People that use hashtags that long deserve the death penalty.

Well I hate Trump more than Anti-felicity.

Kek

Well fuck, I guess I support Trump now. If we vote Trump will he stop shitty subplots in other shows too? Like will he end the Sand Snakes arc on Game of Thrones?

So voting Trump will make Arrow great again?

>STILL overcoming the fucking darkness within him after five seasons
come the FUCK ON

voting trump will make everything better again,
including felicity

Memes aside. Trump is actually probably a terrible choice for president. Please don't actually support him. He won't do anything but make Arrow writers feel the need to go further than they already have.

No. Dexter taught me the hard way that no matter how much showrunners promise to "go back to roots" and bring quality again, as long as they are the same talentless idiots nothing is going to change.

And Hillary the pandering witch is better?

Yes.

What a fag. Both candidates are terrible but I would rather have Trump over Shillary.

Fuck no I drop this shit season one. I just keep tabs in these threads to see the train wreck get worse. This shit is about as Green Lantern as Booberry's Catwoman movie

I legitimately lack any idea how anyone can stomach the show after season 4.

why is hillary better, why is trump bad, how do they make the show unshit?

Woman, racist, more Olicity

>Dexter
Still salty over that one.
At least with Arrow, I've stopped contributing to the problem and dropped the show midway through season 4. I refuse to watch it until people start praising it again.

*Arrow
Not sure how that happened

No.

If anything, "The Hood" just makes me want to see a character clash between Oliver Queen and Jason Todd.

So, we're getting season 1 version two, with the "Mayor", "Huntress", and a three-person Arrow team, minus all the characters that actually made season 1 good.

No. Daredevil can replace the void left by Arrow.

(((Sokolowski)))

kek dexter is not the same as arrow, not even close

dexter changed the showrunners a lot. they changed showrunner after season 4 finale, then after season 5 finale and then it was all scott buck show (the guy who is responsible for iron fist now on netflix if you wanna know)

what happened with arrow is that most of the writers went on to make flash episodes. with arrow, it's still was and is, uncle guggie show. why would Kreisberg and Berlanti care about arrow when they have flash, lot and supergirl now? what's the fucking point? they gave all the power to uncle guggie now.

daily reminder this show completely wasted motherfucking Buck Compton as their villain

>Guggenheim is still in charge
No. They couldn't pick a comic book writer as a showrunner who's not complete dogshit?

They wasted Peter Stormare on a shitty Ledger's Joker wannabe drug dealer and Vinnie Jones on the shittiest version of Brick ever.

nope - except for the cross-overs

>save Star City
I can tell the writers are focusing more on "We're going to add this! and this! It'll be better now I swear". Without you know, thinking of a plot that isn't destroying the same fucking city every season.

>tumblr-tier writers trying to write gritty political crime vigilante drama
that's even scarier than them writing ollicity soap opera

Arrow writers are not creative people.
How on Earth do you introduce an international crime syndicate and do nothing to develop them beyond being "those evil guys who want to take over/destroy the world because HUMANITY IS BAD" for 26 fucking episodes?

At least we got Robert Knepper as Clock King. He was so great that they even put him on Flash. Haven't used him since though.

Maybe it's a good thing.
I used to think Barrowman was a highlight of the series in season 1. Now I can't stand him and can't wait for his character to fucking die already. I'm afraid of what they'll do to Knyazev.

I will but I won't watch it when it actually airs. I'm not giving them my views.

Remember when Season 2's main shtick was Oliver learning not to kill his enemies?

Then in Season 3 and 4, he goes on to kill his enemies.

Why didn't he just kill Slade again?

I only have so much time on this Earth. I prefer to not suffer.

I wouldnt say wasted
He was by far the best part of the season

>Oliver can only rely on Felicity Smoak