Is this the best comic book show out there?

Is this the best comic book show out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

emmys.com/shows/gotham
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Male. 34 years old. Marvel / DC / Image fan.

Yes, Gotham is the best cape show on TV.

> I wish more posters would provide their age / gender (biological). would make it easier to filter the useless opinions.

Currently, by default.

Its capekino for sure

No.

Just wait for everyone giving their opinion based on the first couple episodes or some dumb reasons like "they don't do multiple earths like Flash and instead have a solid plot line and characters so it's shit!"

>a solid plot line and characters
You must be having a laugh

No but you see, it doesn't have Batman in it. Batman's the coolest thing ever, like me, so it can't be good because it doesn't have me in it.

Oh wow. What awards?

>implying Bruce isn't one of the best part of the show

I didn't like kid Bruce much in season one, but he was fucking fantastic in S2.

But Bruce isn't Batman. He doesn't dress up like a bat and beat up people with Robin like in those comics I see mentioned on Sup Forums.

>What awards?
emmys.com/shows/gotham

Hm, none of the big ones.

Ah well. Still awesome. One of my favorite shows on TV right now.

Why are Gotham fans so salty about Flash?

Because Flash isn't actually that good and Gotham's done a better job of appropriately using fanservice and elements from the comics.

Because you faggots kept shitposting no stop about it.
I still remember the "lol Gotham is afraid to be a comicbook show unlike muh Flash" posts and arguments.

Now go spout some other memes.

Getting an emmy through queer pandering doesn't really mean anything user.

Gotham is embarassing garbage.

They are both the goofy shows.

I'm wondering if I should watch Gotham. I just found out Wanye Manor is the same one from Batman Forever, which is located about a mile from where I grew up. I even got to work there once.

On broadcast?

I guess.
Not a high bar.

Please don't misuse the term "AБCOЛЮTE КИHOГPAФЫ"
I can understand shortening it to 'kino', but adding a genre prefix, however lightheartedly, is very disrespectful to decades of history. You see, 'Kinography' transcends genres, it either is or it isn't. Trying to qualify it is folly and undermines the very essence of what AБCOЛЮTE КИHOГPAФЫ is. That is to say, an ultimate expression of visual communication, free of traditional assumptions.

Furthermore, it is frankly impossible for a televised broadcast serial to achieve 'kino', it flies in the face of what some select Motion Picture creatives have been trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to accomplish.

Now, is it possible for a television series to come close to a rough equivalent of AБCOЛЮTE КИHOГPAФЫ? Possibly, but whatever that may be it ISN'T 'kino'.

I hope this helps you in the future.

So they're just jelly. Got It.

My personal favorite is Batman 1966, but you have to be into camp to like that.

Not even top 5

It's pretty awesome. It's got that right mix of camp and seriousness that makes the Bat-mythos so great. I enjoy it quite a bit. Flash is comparable but Arrow is overdramatic shit, while SHIELD and Agent Carter were both incredibly boring to me.

>jelly

stop throwing around words you clearly don't understand

Is Gotham the only comic show on a major now? The CW shows all feel like watching an episode of Xena.

tl;dr

>tl;dr
Ah, yes. Forgot to put it in.

>"genrekino" doesn't exist
>television isn't "kino"

>implying xena isnt fun as fuck

My biggest complaint with Gotham is that it feels like a great setup to an awesome Batman show we'll never get.

But its capekino on tv based off of snyders comickino

They're mistaken too, I've tried to fight it, but alas, no success.

Agree with you.

Male. 25 years old. DC fan.

Gotham is the only modern live action cape show i follow, and it's good.

You're thinking of Daredevil

>le Punisher episode so based!

nah, Reddit the show is just overrated like all Marvel stuff

dont be such a word fag. Like we aren't calling you gay or a bundle of sticks when we say fag, but you know what I mean, you flaming fag.

Gotham is full of camp

Yes

Funny how things turned around
He was an annoyance back in the first season
In second season he became this pussy player that had Selina and Silver played like fiddles

I feel like this show and Beware the Batman were total opposites. This show has all the style, while Beware had all the substance.

I liked Daredevil more, but then again, I've only seen the first season of Gotham so I might be wrong.

Did Arrow win any awards? Wasn't it on the teen choice awards or something? What happened with that?

Teen Choice don't matter.
Then again, none of these awards shows matter.

3 fucking Emmys though? And Season 1 of Daredevil didn't get shit? Did it at least get nominated?

Nah

>solid plot line
Here's your (You). There's not a single capeshit show that you could describe with that.

Daredevil > Gotham >fucking huge power gap> Constantine (shine on, Johnny) > Early Arrow > Flash = Jessica Jones > Carter Something? Whatever > Agents of SHIT > Current Arrow

This is how you can tell they're purely butthurt. Gotham is not even remotely better at stupid shit like fanservice. In fact both shows would improve immensely if they actually focused on the writing rather than stupid shit like that.

>REEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FLASH WHY IS IT MORE POPULAR THAN THE SHOW I LIKE

That's jelly, Douglas.

If you think about it in the grand scheme of things, nothing really matters

Owlman plz go and stay go

It is currently.

Hello, new pasta

this series does so many things right and its been changing, its been improving, it shows that the showrunners care more than only to cater to the vocal fanbase, of course there've been decisions like bringing Fish back but they've also done a great work on storylines, specialy Bruce Wayne who noone seemed to care about in season 1. I also liked how they've been changing the way of story telling, every season felt very different in that regard, at season 1 almost every character got a few minutes each episode, which changed in season 2 and later in season 3 only few characters shared screentime each episode, which allowed to tell a single story within two or three episodes, like the beginnings of Freeze.

The insanity has been increasing as well, which started with a mafia war and is now at a level of actual monsters and secret societies. I feel like series like the Flash or arrow are forced to be the way they are by circumstances, like the writers caring way too much about the vocal fanbase or repeating plotlines and oftens horrible writing with teen drama because they feel, they don't need to do more than that and some references and name drops which most hardly get fleshed out.

Needs more baby batcat